(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 2 (thread 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
War Update # 2 (Under construction)

ACTIONS BY WILLIAMS

It would appear that all the forces of Darkness and Uvenelei are hurling themselves into the Battle of the Hellfurnaces.
They are facing the combined strength of Festy Dog, Forsaken One, and Kalanyr.

Meanwhile, most of William's force is now engaged in a furious war with Melkor's forces in the Welkwood and Gnarley Forest (which is now in flames.)
The battle has spread to Verbobonc, and even up into southern Furyondy, which is involving the forces of Iuz that were moving down that way to reach the Cairn Hills.
The battle in Enkstad rages on.
The battle across the frontier of Celene is raging.
A whole series of battles are raging along the front lines of the Shades and the Pomarj.
The war in the Amedio Rainforest intensifies as Varnaith lands more troops there.
The war for Zindia continues to escalate as another 10 PL force arrives from Varnaith and Nippon to aid the forces of Erypt, Suhfang, and Varnaith that are already there.
Zindia is proving surprisingly hard to take.
It is sorta like the Grandwood, only reversed.
The main Fleet of Varnaith is attacking the Shade along the Wild Coast.
Forces from the Celestium Imperium and yet more forces from Varnaith are joining in the colossal battle raging in the Hellfurnaces, Crystalmists, and Barrier Peaks.
An attempt to aid Nyrond is made, and those that arrive find over 1.5 million warriors, serving Kas, waiting for them. The rescue attempt on Nyrond fails.
In the east, the Fleet of the Lendore Isles sets sail, and lands a large force to aid the giants, monsters, Storm Riders, and barbarians attacking the northern Dark Union.

- - -

Williams posted:

These actions happen unless the players of these forces later object. My allies, I apologize for having to act in your name.)
With the increased support of the Hellfurnaces front with the arrival of Baklunish and Northwest Crescent forces, several spelljammers of gnomish origin fly to the flinty hills.

((Done. The battle of the Flinty Hills intensifies further.))

The forces of Varnaith, the Celestial Imperium, and the Sky_Sea League arrive in the Duchy of Urnst, the Hollow Highlands and the Iron League nations.

((That's it for Varnaith and the Celestial Imperium. They have committed their entire armies to the various battles - they have nothing left over.
Everything they have, is now committed.
When the Sky-Sea League and Varnaith arrive to help the Hollow Highlands and the Iron League, they find themselves confronting a MASSIVE undead army.
Varnaith has nothing more to give. I am assuming the Sky-Sea League is throwing a great force into the fray.)

The forces of the Lortmils ride the Ships of the Sky League to defend the Duchy of Urnst.

((They are now fully engaged with the Shadow Empire, and cannot go anywhere, unless you wish to weaken the defensive line across the Verbobonc to Pomarj battlefield.))

The forces of Delrund and allied lands under Sanctus Punitor strike at the League of Warlords as they move against the Duchy of Urnst.

((Since the Warlords sent a great part of their force against the Duchy of Urnst, they are weakened.
However, the vast majority of the Army of Delrune is busy fighting the Battle of the Flinty Hills.
Battles break out in Riftcrag as the elves advance, but this is territory the defenders are intimately familiar with, and there are many traps and dangers the invaders do not know about.
The elves are thrown back with loss, and then counterattacked.))

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
---
In the east, the Fleet of the Lendore Isles sets sail, and lands a large force to aid the giants, monsters, Storm Riders, and barbarians attacking the northern Dark Union.
----

Sahuaguin and buffed mages will raid this fleet, seeking to sink as many ships as possible. They will deploy hit and run tacticks to minimize their losses and strike in concentrated force against one part of the fleet and retreat before those ships can be aided too greatly.

Black Omega

First Post
Turn Two
Coalition of Light and Shadow
Highfolk

Some order has returned to Siobhan's study, charts and maps neatly stacked, correspondence layed out in an orderly fashion. Not that Siobhan's been busy at this, her page has been hard at work while the little fae snores quietly in her word area.

Until a gentle nudge from Morre startles her into wakefulness "Eternal Vigilence is the Price...! Oh..Morre, thanks." Siobhan rubs her eyes and sighs "Ok..get the orders ready to go out. The plans are set. The Seelie, Elven..Elvish..Elfin..I'll ask about that later. Elven Spelljammers will accompany them as will elves from Vevce and Gnomes to set traps. They'll head for Welk wood to oppose the forces attacking there. Use guerilla tactics, ambushes and traps as much as possible. But the forest must be held and the defense of Celene maintained. And continue helping in the Hellfurnaces, Dwarves and Gnomes are best there.

Assign extra bodyguards to important people, we never know when this blocking of scrying will end and the sudden strikes can begin. For that matter, we'll accept the proposal from the Circle of Eight about trying to find a way to break through and be able to scry our enemies. Tell them to get to it.

Keep building up our defenses...and keep an eye on Iuz's forces. They'll help The Kevellond League only as long as it is to their benefit as well. And Toril is here...we tried to get away from that..they better not try and cover the land with technology again. Not here. But don't bother them, they aren't hostile, we have plenty of others who are already.

And bloodroses! How nice, I guess Vecna doesn't...hm...who the hell is Kalanyr and why is he sending me roses? Abyssal roses even! They are kinda nice though...

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Edena:

Varnaith and the Celestial Imperium are sending additional forces to aid the Iron League, the Hollow Highlands, and the Duchy of Urnst. I believe my forces, Uveneleis and those of Darkness can at least hold the line in the Hellfurnaces. Plus Black Omega's forces, unless he says otherwise, are assumed to be helping.

This should free some pressure on the Duchy of Urnst, the Iron League, and the Hollow Highlands. The forces of Sanctus Punitor will try to stop the League of Warlords forces attacking Urnst while defending their own territory.

Black Omega

First Post
William Ronald said:
Edena:

Varnaith and the Celestial Imperium are sending additional forces to aid the Iron League, the Hollow Highlands, and the Duchy of Urnst. I believe my forces, Uveneleis and those of Darkness can at least hold the line in the Hellfurnaces. Plus Black Omega's forces, unless he says otherwise, are assumed to be helping.
Helping there and in Welkwood. See the entry just put in and let me know if anything was missed.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
CONCERNING THE DUCHY OF URNST

Nobody has taken it yet. The battle there has escalated horrifically.

The Shades are going to maintain their attack, with PL 15.
The Isles of Woe maintain the attack.
The Warlords maintain the attack.

But a large defense force has arrived from the Alliance of the Crescent (Ishtarland, Lyrn, Aaqa) via help from the Flying Citadels of the Sky-Sea League.
Led by Zagyg the Mad and Murlynd, this force has a PL of 20.

William Ronald

Explorer
Black Omega, Kaboom, Dagger: Thanks

Guys, thanks for helping out. I am sorry if I gave anyone offense in using troops while you were away. Edena said I could do so for allied forces. I hope I was not presumptive and ask your pardon. This schedule is working against a lot of people. Gnomeworks did not even have a chance to defend Nyrond before it fell.

I have to leave for something important tonight.

Turrosh Mak, you have control of the forces assigned to me.
I will try to check back. Until otherwise noted, you are in charge.

Serpenteye

First Post
To Iuz the wise

The forces of our enemies are spread thin, the balance wavers in one direction then another. You can tip that balance in your favor.
Now is the time for you to strike into Furyondy, to take revenge for the Greyhawk War. All of the northern Kevellond could be yours if you move now. You could become the most powerful ruler on Oerth.

Valkys

First Post
Valkys, as usual, sits on his throne, regretting his decision to offer alliance to anyone willing to pay. Things are never so simple.

The mages continue to research technology, spells, and to summon the undead hordes. Planars are still arriving as fast as they can be summoned, while Valkys is saddled with a decision. If someone makes an offer and he declares an alliance, he becomes the enemy of that ally's enemies.

He growls orders to his minions to raid the City of the Gods once more. They must have more technology. They *must* find some way to equalize their position.

He silences his inner monologue and reaches out to commune with his father, Oberon. After several long minutes, his eyes focus once again on his current reality. There is nothing to be done yet.

He knows he cannot attack and he cannot defend should someone choose to attack. He examines his dilemma and shakes his head in frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases