(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 2 (thread 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turrosh Mak

First Post
LordMelkor{Talos} said:
To Edena:

Shade wizards will scry for Turrosh`s Mak location. After he is found, a very powerful strike force will be sent after him, consisting of very powerful wizards and assasins, led by two Sahdowlords: Ahlissa, a very powerful Shade Drow enchantress with some Rogue levels and Sauros, Shade Mind Flayer, mighty psion and assasin( both have CR around 40). Power level of this strike force is 4, they will kill Turrosh Mak, take his soulbinded soul and teleport back.

Well, That's just not Cricket.

Unforntunatly, since this was addressed to Edena and thus Out of Character knowledge, there is little I can do about it, other that hope my own Psions detect the plan and warn me. If not, then turrosh and his bodyguard will fight them to the best of there ability.

Forrester

First Post
There's a 5th level spell in Tome and Blood that protects against most Scrying -- and then, of course, there's Mind Blank which protects against ALL scrying.

I'd be shocked if Turrosh didn't have one or the other going. It's not as if he's a 20th level fighter strolling around naked with no bodyguards, no equipment, etc.

Now, if Vecna decides to pop in, you could be in trouble :).

Turrosh Mak

First Post
Very true forester, Both I think are reasionible precautions any one of us would take.
And I'm not naked after all. Worse case scenario, they come to get me, kill me, but I kill one or both of the shadowlords

Serpenteye

First Post
A beginning

The fell energies settled on the two corpses and they raised an agonized shriek as their souls were bound and twisted by the God Emperor himself. The bodies convulsed and seemed to throb and bloat impossibly. It seemed their bones should break and their skins pop like bubbles by the strain of the transformation. A thick black liquid oozed out of the tall ones mouth and he began to mewl in a sickening voice. "I serve to live I live to serve I will serve, my life is yours. Please let me serve you, please, my soul is yours, my soul is yours."
The blue one wheezed and twisted on the floor but he also raised his hands in supplication. "I worship, worship you" A horrified look crossed on his face when his creator remained silent.
"You may serve me," the golden robed man answered finally, his eyes flaring for an instant as the growing power of his divinity surfaced and then sank back to the core of his being. He had also been changed, perhaps as much as the bodies on the floor, perhaps much more. He always thought of himself as a God now, he had proven his power to himself, and to him power was all that mattered.
"Rise, Tenser, Philidor. Rise and serve me" The two creatures, once men now something very much different, gazed at him in awe and relief. They knew the new purpose of their lives. Their old selves had been fools, they realized that now. They had lacked focus and direction, they had never known the glory of the one true God. They remembered their old lives, retained their old powers, but they had been given new ones by their new master and they hated who they had been. They would serve.

The battlefield of the Flinty hills looked unchanged. Ravens and vultures gorged themselves on more corpses than they could ever consume. Another kind of vultures walked not far off, the nechromancers had been very bisy the last weeks and corpses rose as they walked on. In the far distance fires and lightning bloomed and lit the night to the brightness of day. Great clouds of poisonous gas roiled across the battle and killed friend and foe alike. The cries of wounded filled the air but they were drowned by the cries of adulation as the God-Emperor and his two new servants stepped out of thin air. "Advance the flanks and hold the center," the deep commanding voice of the God Emperor said. "Perhaps this time we'll be able to outflank and surround them" he mumbled to himself. The battle had been going poorly resently, but he had hope that it could yet be turned into victory. "Philidor. Tenser. Join the right flank. Xaene and Drax, you join the left. I will hold the center." His servents bowed their heads, they could no longer even consider disobedience.

--
Meta: Tenser and Philidor have been raised as undead and been added to the power of the Dark Union.

Maudlin: The Dark Union holds all of Nyrond, not just half.

Last edited:

Maudlin

First Post
In the darkest hour of the night, portals open throughout the rural regions of Idee and Onnwal. From each of these portals drop about a dozen shapes, without sound. Carefully harvested squads of deadly Bodaks silently lope towards the nearby settlements, quickly overwhelming farmers and fishermen in their sleep with their killing gaze, sparing no-one. After their grisly work is done, they disappear again until the follwoing night, when they are joined by their new spawn.

Inexorably, during the nights, they move inland, overwhelming ever larger cities with ever growing legions of Bodaks. Unless the counties' defenses catch on before the swarm has reached the capital cities, by that time they will face thousand upon thousands of the creatures; and for the final sieges these will be aided by mighty necromancers from the Black Academy to get them into the city and neutralize defenses.

---------

During this time, Acererak's minions have burst from their confinement in the Vast Swamp, and move to overwhelm the forces in the Hollow Highlands (who are still mostly away to fight Ahlissa, I think) These attacks follow the usual pattern for an Undead Horde, but on an undreamed-of scale. Huge swarms of lesser undead choking the horizons, screaming mad groups of vampires throwing themselves at defenders and villagers alike in frenzied bloodlust, columns of huge Nightwalkers striding the lands, crushing everything they meet. And all of it led by a thing of utter nightmare, a floating titan's skull that shrivels entire villages by a mere look; that slays the greatest heroes in its path before they can even reach it. As soon as a pocket of resistance is met, the great skull appears, floating over the battlefield, and its unliving minions rally with an order of magnitude more viciousness and might.

(The effect I'm going for is devastating those regions and adding their PL to my Undead score :))

Serpenteye - Talk to da man :) I was told 2/3rds, so that's what I changed.

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Turrosh mak

Turrosh Mak said:
To the God King Of the Great Kingdom:

Know that Our Betrayal of you was not without a great deal of debate among my advisors. Yet in the end, it was decided that your aims and ours where of a much diferent nature. with your alliance with the Shadows, a decadent race, who much like the former lords of the Pomarj, would see all arround them in chains, we knew that we would have no choice but to turn on you. For the sake of my nation and it's people.We have fought long and hard to be a free nation. We will not be the shade's slaves, nor yours.
and of your alliance to Kas the destroyer. Kas is a madman, more mad than even you. and beware, He is more versed in betrayal than I could ever be.

"We will stand were we stand. The lines have been drawn and we have made our choices. I will not betray my allies, if I must die for it then so be it, I shall fight on to the end. I do not ask for your mercy, I will not take what I will not give, but I do ask you to listen. The innumerable forces of the United Commonwealth of Toril has arrived in the lands of the far west. They are a far greater threat than the Shade could ever be. Did you not see what they have done to their own world? Your kind has been twisted and perverted beyond words to describe. These new allies of yours have committed cruelties to your people I could not even imagine before i heard of them. Even now I am outraged by their crimes. And now they seek to build their power on Oerth. Wether they intend to rule the planet directly or via some of their puppets the fate of the world will be the same. Consider were your true interests lie, who is your true enemy and who would be the lesser of two evils."

The God Emperor of the Dark Union

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Information publicly known to you, from e-mails sent to me

KNOWN MOVEMENTS BY DARKNESS

The Baklunish Confederation now has the full strength of Esmerin and Orcreich, and some strength from nations further west, on the ground in their territory.
According to Darkness, the Baklunish troops are digging in and holding there positions ... UNTIL either Darkness or Williams (who has been given the authority by Darkness to use these troops) makes a further statement on the boards.

The assault on Zindia continues without relent, the combined strength of Varnaith, Erypt, and Suhfang hammering away at the defenders in the equatorial rainforest and Below.
Erypt is being fortified, with high powered undead and mages guarding all strategic points, and troops deployed.
Esmerin is using the forces they did not send to aid the Baklunish to fortify their country.

Darkness states Williams has complete authority over his troops (but must keep Darkness's PC safe!)
If Williams cannot be present, Williams may designate SOMEONE ELSE to run Darkness's forces, and Darkness has authorized this.

KNOWN MOVEMENTS BY FESTY DOG

Based on his e-mails read so far:

A large force from the Hive Cluster is heading to Zindia, to help the star dwarves, gnomes, and lizardmen there beat back the assault from Erypt, Suhfang, and Varnaith.
A massive force from the Hive Cluster is assailing the Kevellond League - the long threatened attack has started.
The Kevellond League is under heavy attack in the Yeomanry, Sterich, Geoff, and across the Crystalmists and Barrier Peaks.

CONCERNING THE SHADES

They are more powerful than first thought. You have a PC and some new NPCs to deal with.
Here they are (I am allowing this because Lord Melkor has devoted endless time and numbers of posts to these people.)

dena, Shadow Empire was supposed to be very powerful, but our level isn`t among the highest. Could you add the following NPC`s and add their power level to those of mine:

Shadowlord Baelros, Demon Lord of The Shadow, pl 2
Shadowlord Rhamagaum, mighty spellcaster and Shade lich, pl 2
Shadowlady Ahlissa, Shade, Drow, female, very high level enchantress and rogue, pl 2
Shadowlord Waganard, powerful lich, pl 2
Shadowlord Azorgax, King of Shadow Dragons, Great Wyrm Shadow Dragon and sorcecer, pl 2
Shadowlord Sauros, Shade Mind Flayer, very high level psion and assasin, pl 2
Shadowlord Rivalen Tanthul, High Prince of Netherese and Archpriest of Shade, very high level spellcaster, divine and arcane, pl 2( his stats in LOD are from 40 years before).

KNOWN MOVEMENTS BY UVENELEI

Based on his e-mails read so far:

The forces of the Wind Dukes of Aaqu are in the Baklunish Confederation with a PL of 25.
They are being strengthened with what technology the Wind Dukes have (PL 4.)
This force has been given to Williams to control.

The nations of Lyrn and Ishtarland are asking the dwarven spelljammers (those mountains can hold a lot of people) or the Sea-Sky League to come over and ferry their troops east into the map area.
Uvenelei wishes to deploy 40 PL this way (he can do it, if the dwarves or the Sky-Sea League help him.)
Uvenelei has set up a special strike force, consisting of 15 PL, and Aurican and Zagyg are leading it. This force is also under William's control, on the condition that if Aaqa, Lyrn, or Ishtarland are attacked, the strike force immediately returns there to defend those nations.

This means the Shade Empire is more dangerous than ever, so please take note!

- - -

CONCERNING KAS

This is an e-mail I received:

Then so it will be. The forces of Kas will remain idle, but extremely ready to defend against attack during the second turn.

So, there it is. The Legions of Kas are sitting idle in Nyrond, which they hold.
But they are doing something, alright. They are feverishly resurrecting lost people, creating new undead, and bringing back powerful undead lost in the battle on Turn 1.

Last edited:

Turrosh Mak

First Post
Serpenteye

Serpenteye said:

"We will stand were we stand. The lines have been drawn and we have made our choices. I will not betray my allies, if I must die for it then so be it, I shall fight on to the end. I do not ask for your mercy, I will not take what I will not give, but I do ask you to listen. The innumerable forces of the United Commonwealth of Toril has arrived in the lands of the far west. They are a far greater threat than the Shade could ever be. Did you not see what they have done to their own world? Your kind has been twisted and perverted beyond words to describe. These new allies of yours have committed cruelties to your people I could not even imagine before i heard of them. Even now I am outraged by their crimes. And now they seek to build their power on Oerth. Wether they intend to rule the planet directly or via some of their puppets the fate of the world will be the same. Consider were your true interests lie, who is your true enemy and who would be the lesser of two evils."

The God Emperor of the Dark Union
Yes, I have seen what they have done to the world of Toril. The wars fought there were terrible indeed. And from those wars, they became strong. The Humaniods of Toril have risen to a possition of respect among the lesser races. would they keep their brothers here on Oreth in chains. The Shade would. They hate us, for we a constant reminder of those who repeatedly crushed them on Toril.

War is War. The people of Oreth would have done no different had the machines been discovered here first, rather than toril. I expect that the war which has begun will be much bloodier than any imagined on toril, in fact.

Expect no mercy from us, Grummish's code forbids mercy on those who would resist us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases