D&D 5E The Swamp 5e pbp game [IC]

River Song

Explorer
Kel whistles internally at the amount on offer.

"Well do you have a portrait with your daughters likeness, so we know her when we see her?" he asks. "We shall set out as soon as we can, we will not leave your child in the clutches of the lizard folk."

He goes to spit again, looking at the fine floor rug he decides to swallow it this time.

RadarMonk

Explorer
"Rose has been missing for about a week," he says and as for a portrait we have one. The portrait shows many similarities between father and daughter, both have silvery hair and green eyes."Of course she will not be dressed that way if you find her," he mutters mostly to himself.
The image:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    36 KB · Views: 1,043

"We're there any signs of a struggle?" Kaiden watches the man. "If she has been missing for about a week we need to get moving. Surviving in the swamp for that long is difficult even for a seasoned woodsman let alone a young girl. And I don't even want to think about her in the clutches of the lizardfolk."

Kaiden turns to the others.

"We need to get moving. We should check in at the tavern maybe more clues will be found there."

ccs

41st lv DM
Bree's eyes widen in surprise at the amount of gold offered.
Scales practically does a Snoopy-like happy dance. Then says something to Bree snapping her out of her shock.
"What? No, not 15k each. Greedy dragon...."

Then, looking at the picture;
"Oh, she's pretty. Don't worry, we'll find her."

RadarMonk

Explorer
The mayor begins to speak, when your partie notices an odd silence from outside. Then one of the guards busts into the house shouting, "They're back, the raiders are back!" You look outside and see that they are indeed back. There are six hooded lizardfolk surrounding the area around the manor. Four in the square in front of the house and two on rooftops on either side. They are all armed with blowguns and wicked looking swords. This is a combat situation.

Since this is the first combat I will include the rules:

[sblock]I had originally landed to use an alternate initiative system, but then realized that your group had features that were based in initiative. I will roll initiative. Actions should be posted in turn order. I will respond immediately after each turn with the result of your actions and damage rolls. Turns should look something like this:

description of action

ALL necessary rolls except for damage. (Attack rolls and skill checks mainly)

make sure to include details like, this attack will have sneak attack damage or I had advantage and the roll above is the better of the two rolls.[/sblock]

Initiative:

1. Kel
2. Eilessa
3. Bree
4. Lizardfolk
5. Kaiden
6. Bethany

Last edited:

River Song

Explorer
Kel looks out the window and sees the cloaked lizard-folk lurking in the street and on the rooftops. With a quick whisper to Lathander, he casts a spell upon the lizard-man on the left rooftop. Drawing his bow he sights and looses two arrows in quick succession.

[Sblock=actions]

Move action: go to window and draw longbow
Bonus action: cast hunters mark on lizardman and left hand rooftop.
Action: loose arrows.

Due to rogue archetype he has advantage. No sure if he has surprise, if he does both arrows will CRIT if they hit. If the first arrow kills him, then fire second at the other rooftop one (ignoring hunters mark)

Two hits AC: 26 and 22
[FONT=&quot]attack:2D20.HIGH(1)+7 = [19, 18]+7 = 26
2D20.HIGH(1)+7 = [15, 4]+7 = 22
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Damage arrow 1: 14, Damage Arrow 2: 14

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]damage:1D8+4+1D6 = [7]+4+[3] = 14
1D8+4+1D6 = [5]+4+[5] = 14

If Critical hit, extra damages as follows:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]crit:1D8+1D6 = [8]+[5] = 13
1D8+1D6 = [3]+[4] = 7

ps: sorry if it is a bit complicated :)

[/sblock] [/FONT]

RadarMonk

Explorer
Kel moves quickly to the window, the lizard folk had not seemed to have noticed you (surprise). Your first arrow strikes the lizard man's shoulder but does not kill it, the second arrow pierces the lizard's heart killing it.

[sblock]For future reference you don't have to roll damage in your post, I will roll damage when I respond with whether or not you hit.[/sblock]

Your adversaries are now aware of your presence.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Eilessa takes aim with her crossbow at one of the four lizardmen advancing up the front, then steps in front of the open doorway to get a field of fire, looses a bolt, and steps back inside. She then drops the crossbow to ready her mace.

It's unlikely, she thinks, that they will offer her a second shot before closing in.

Crossbow: [roll0] to hit. (1d8+2 damage)

RadarMonk

Explorer
Your arrow flies over the head of a lizardman as they begin to advance toward you.

[sblock]Make sure you act in initiative order. It is fine this once, but for future reference the initiative order would be a good thing to follow. I will move your turn to the second spot in initiative for this combat.[/sblock]

Bree is up next.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases