D&D 5E The Swamp 5e pbp game [IC]

ccs

41st lv DM
"Well then, maybe your friend will be more cooperative."

Bree turns her attention to the 2nd lizardman, sits down cross legged about 3' away and addresses it in Draconic.

"Hi, I'm Bree. What should I call you? Anyways, if you'll help us, maybe we can convince the town not to hang you (or whatever they do to those who attack them).
1st; Why are you guys attacking this town?
2nd; Where's that girl? (points to the portrait of the Burgomiesters daughter?"

Rolls a persuasion check: persuasion check: 1D20+3 = [7]+3 = 10

RadarMonk

Explorer
The lizard folk appears to be genuinely charmed at first and she begins to speak, "My name is Aankian..." She trails off, apparently realizing that she had let her guard down. She hisses and returns to being silent.

Shayuri

First Post
Eilessa hauls the recalcitrant male lizardman up to his feet, keeping a hold on him, and says, "Alright, lets take a little walk."

She figured having him around might make the other one less likely to cooperate. And separating them made sense if they wanted to interrogate. Not knowing what was going on would put them at a disadvantage, she thought.

Once far enough away not to be able to overhear what was going on, or see it, Eilessa sits him back down and stands behind him, saying nothing. Let him stew a bit. She could wait.

ccs

41st lv DM
OOC: I will be out of town for the weekend & largely offline. So someone else will have to get actual info out of the Lizardmen.

While I'm gone Bree will chatter away at Aankian & try to get her to talk.
I cant really use the dice roller from my phone, so I'll let the previous roll stand for the whole thing. But maybe having a 1/2ling chattering at her will break her will & she'll talk just to shut Bree up.

Kaiden shakes his head at Kel and turns his attention back to the lizardman. When it only speaks in draconic Kaiden sighs. Unless Bree or someone else translates he would not be able to help in the interrogation. After several minutes of listening to the incomprehensible discussion between the halfling and the lizardman, Kaiden sighs again and stands. He walks outside and scans the village.

ccs

41st lv DM
As Bree chatters on to the lizardman woman she'll use her Fey Presence abilityto attempt to charm her and get her talking about the info we want to know.

Aankian will need a DC:14 Wisdom Save.

RadarMonk

Explorer
You chatter on and on. For a while it seems to have no effect, but the magic does its work well. She slowly begins to warm up to Bree. "We are raiding in hopes to amass supplies. We are encamped in the swamp about a mile out of the city. The girl who was taken about a week ago should be still alive, but will be moved out of camp soon. My companion is the leader of our raiding party. I know nothing else," she says slowly in draconic. You are almost certain that she is telling you the truth.

ccs

41st lv DM
Before the magic fades Bree will quickly attempt to learn why the need for so many supplies that now it requires raiding.

Also, if any other usefull tidbits can be gleaned. Such as: direction of the raiding camp, aprox #s, where the girl might be moved to, why the girl was taken to begin with (seems strange that she's the only one treated thus), name of the other captive LM, etc.

Then she'll relay all this info to the rest of the party.

To Kel (and Scales): "Ha! And you two thought there was nothing to be gained without cutting off their fingers."
"Come on dragon, let's get some more lunch. Oh, and I promised Aankian (points to the LM woman) I'd bring her some water."

RadarMonk

Explorer
"We are amassing supplies for the lord. The girl is to be offered along with supplies. We number close to 400 today, but our ranks grow. We lizardfolk make up most of the camp, but there are bullywugs and other swamp dwellers as well. The camp is about a mile and a half North West," she says. Then falls silent, seemingly with no more information to give. Then she starts to speak again, "There are some of us wish this raiding would stop. The swamp lord only speaks to the high priest. I suspect the 'tributes' that started a few weeks ago are only the high priests way of gaining wealth and power. I am not sure that the swamp lord even exists." She pauses for a moment and continues, "Tell the man with the bow I bear him no personal ill will, I was simply following orders when I attacked." ​She finally appears to be finished.

OOC: @Charwoman Gene do you still wish to participate in this game. We haven't heard from you in a while, and I just wanted to check in.

Last edited:

Remove ads