Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Roughy River Run

screwylooie

Explorer
Drayvin Angeltongue

As Drayvin is walking down the street towards Master Fastolff 's general store, he hears the moans and groans of those just starting to rouse up from the previous nights activities. None of them seem to be moving with any sense of coordination or urgency.

When Drayven reaches the general store, he finds the door open and hears a voice calling out from within, " If you are here to do any selling, buying, or trading, you will have to deal with me as my pa is quite under the weather." When he walked into the store much to his surprise he saw a very awake, bright-eyed, and smiling young halfling female. She says" My name is Yesree, how may I help you?" The store itself consisted of a large room with shelves that ran along the walls from floor to ceiling. They were packed with a large assortment of various goods and commodities . There was a sliding ladder on a track that ran around the store in front of the shelves. The ceiling was filled with hanging lanterns, smoked hams, dried herbs and various items. It seemed that just about anything you could want could be found there. Drayvin replies," My name is Drayvin. and I have a hide shirt and buckler that I need to sell and some items I need to buy." He shows her the shirt and the buckler and she looks it over and says, "these have not seen much use at all, I can give you a good price for these items. What items would you like to buy? He tells her that he need 2 days trail rations, 1lb coffee, a riding horse, saddle, and tack. She looks at Drayvin and says, "You're in luck. Some few weeks ago a horse come wandering into town. He had saddle, bags, and all the tack but no rider. The horse had some claw marks and bites along his sides and back. We believe that the horse and its owner was attacked and the horse ran away. We have seen nothing of the owner and have not heard of anyone looking for a missing horse. I think that I in good conscience can sell you the horse and saddle. It is a fine horse and it has fully healed from its minor injuries. Let me figure how much this is gonna cost you." She goes over to a counter and starts writing some figures down on a slate. " HHHmmm Let's see we can give you 25 gold for the hide shirt and buckler, The coffee's gonna cost you 2cp, the trail rations 1gp, the horse will be 75 gp, bit and bridle will be 2gp, harness 2gp, dandy brush 2sp, riding saddle 10gp, saddlebags 4gp, for a total you be owing us of 69 gold, 2 silver and 2 copper."
Drayvin agreed that it was a fair price provided that the horse is a good as she claims. She takes him to the back of the store and in a small corral he saw a most beautiful horse. Long of leg, straight back, deep chestnut color with dark brown mane and tail. It had 3 white socks and a white star in the middle of it's forehead. Drayvin looked at her and said "We have a deal!." He handed her 7pp and told her to keep the change. He then gathered his purchases, bid Yesree a good day, saddled his horse, and proudly rode back towards the town square and our wagon.

[sblock=Actions]
5-Step:
Swift:
Move:
Standard:
[/sblock]

[sblock=MiniStats]
Character Sheet

HP: 09/09
Conditions: none
Initiative: +5
Perception: +4

AC: 14 Flat: 14 Touch: 11
Fort: 03 Reflex: 01 Will: 02
Right hand:
Left hand:

Weapon: Melee: Steel Terbutje Att:+3 Dam: 1d8+2 Crit: 19/20x2 Slashing

Weapon: Ranged: Chakram Att: +1 Dam: 1d8+2 Crit: 20/x3 Slashing Range: 30 ft 4/4

Wand of Cure Lgt (12/13 charges)

Rage Songs 12/12rnds/day (12 '''= (+3/1st lvl +3 Cha +6 Extra Perform) then +2/lvl)
Lingering Performance - The bonuses and penalties from your bardic performance continue for 2 rounds after you cease performing

Cantrips (DC 13)= At will
• Detect Magic • Read Magic • Daze • Ghost Sound • Mending (FC)

Level 01 (DC 14)= 2/2 day
• Chord of Shards • Moment of Greatness

[sblock=Adventure Notes]
Transactions: bath -6cp, good meal -5sp, magic laundry -1 gp, tip-2 sp, coffee 1lb -2cp, 2 day trail rations -1gp, light riding horse -75 gp, bit and bridle -2gp, harness -2gp, dandy brush -2sp, riding saddle -10gp, saddlebags -4gp, tip -7sp -8cp
sold hide shirt and buckler for +25 gp

Game Info: Gained masterwork chain shirt
[/sblock][/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
~Act 2: The Journey Home~

[section]

The group gathers back together at the wagon. Well-fed, well-stocked, and well-cleaned, Drayvin can't help but beam as he returns with Caius and Seros. With Fhanna's and Sylvain's blessing, the bags are packed, and the rest of the party's food supplies are checked on the wagon. Although the memories of Roughy River will last a lifetime, the heroes bid adieu to the joyous halfling town. Under cloudy sky the journey north to Venza commences!

[/section]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
~Act 2, Chapter 1: Return to Ravenbelly~

countryside-17.jpg

[section]~~Day Five: Mid-day~~

A scant few halflings wave goodbye and send off the group. The town turns to farm turns to countryside turn to rough hills. Without the weight of the shipment, there seems to be an extra bounce in the wagon-horses' steps.

The weather turns. The clouds darken, swollen with moisture. And before they know it, a torrential downpour begins. Travel becomes much more arduous and unpleasant. With no cover from the rain, the party becomes absolutely soaked.
[/section]

CtgT20.jpg

[section]~~Day Five: Afternoon~~

As the group slogs through the rain, and spot the great canopy of Ravenbelly Forest from afar. Eager to get under it's protection, they double up speed to get under. Although not completely a dry affair, the trees do provide a certain level of comfort. Although not as dark as night, the clouds aid the branches in limiting the sunlight. After a brief stop to snack, they continue on.

Despite the best efforts of mother nature, the group is able to successfully carry on until they spot an obstacle. A rather large obstacle at that. Downed in front them, in the middle of the path, is a fallen tree. It completely covers across the dirt path, obstructing their journey northward.

What will they do?
[/section]

[sblock=OOC]@screwylooie, what is the name of Drayvin's new horse?[/sblock]

MerryMortician

Explorer
Caius Aurelius, Blessed Penitent

[sblock=Before Departing]Caius helps Finneas the halfling to his feet. There, Finneas stops and marvels at the sight of his own hand, fully enveloped as it is within a black-skinned fist. Caius wonders momentarily whether the contrast of size or shade is a greater novelty to the bowyer. I suppose a man who's spent his whole life in a town this remote wouldn't've seen much variety. I was ever the weird one back home. His thoughts hang for just a second when he releases the halfling's hand. Then he adds wryly to himself, 'Course, that might've had more to do with my eyeballs.

"T'ankee, shir," comes a hurried offer from Finneas, and interrupts Caius's musings. An expression of absolute confusion passes over Finneas's face and he mumbles, "Wha' brings you abou'?"

"Well, I came about looking for business but you don't exactly seem capable this morning. I couldn't take advantage," frowns the paladin.

"Shtuff and nonshenshe!" the diminutive tradesman barks back, with more emphasis than perhaps is warranted. He blusters momentarily. Caius cuts in, "I certainly didn't mean to offend you, Sir."

Finneas turns on a heel, teeters, and marches back inside. He does not close the door in passing, but neither does he invite Caius indoors. Not that I could comfortably fit in most of these buildings anyway. They've no need to build any higher if taller folks don't come by much. Caius shifts his weight to the other foot and crosses his arms awkwardly with his own shortbow tucked inside his elbow. He waits for several minutes and begins to wonder if Finneas will return.

"'Ey!" there comes a cry from somewhere within the house-cum-shop. "I got one!" Caius furrows his brow and breathes once, twice, before the bowyer returns. He stumbles over the threshold once again, but saves himself this time by planting a huge (by comparison) bow in the ground like a walking stick and catching his balance. "Lookee wha' I gots 'ere."

Caius looks and Caius approves. He immediately notes the coloration and the stoutness of the bow's limbs, though he'd wager it would be feather-light despite its apparent heft. He reaches out tentatively and asks the obvious question with his eyes. After Finneas rights himself and turns the weapon over to Caius, the paladin's appreciation only grows. The thickness of the darkwood allowed for detailed work in its craftsmanship, yet the whittler must have had to sharpen his blade constantly. Swallows rest on vines, sing musical notes, and take flight from one end of the bow to the other. The grip and rest are carved from a single section of some sort of antler and carry the bird motif with fine feathers of all shapes. This is a masterfully etched and shaped bow indeed.

Caius launches into negotiations.[/sblock]

Caius walks the length of the tree, even off the beaten path, to determine how large an obstacle faces the party. He grunts, returning to the assembled adventurers, and says, "I don't believe this is impassable."

[sblock=Troubleshooting]So, FJ, how far does the tree stretch past the road on either side? And what is the trunk's diameter (i.e. how tall is the roadblock)? Are the bulk of the branches on the road or is it just the trunk that stands in our way? Lastly, what's a rough estimate regarding the unladen wagon's weight?

Ok, team. My initial thoughts don't include ditching the wagon. I believe in us.

1) Does anyone happen to have an axe, or even a hatchet?
2) Are the wagon wheels rimmed with metal or are they simple wood? If we trust the wheels and axles to hold up, why not build a ramp?
3) It is raining so we needn't worry about a forest fire if anyone has magical or alchemical fire at their disposal. The trunk is probably too saturated for mundane ignition.
4) Does Fhanna have any druid tricks up her sleeve at this level? I'm doubtful but it's been a long time since I played one.
5) We're just a couple hours out of town and have no deadline for our return to Venza. We could go back and get axes. That could even come out of group funds, right?

To build a ramp, we could gather thick branches from the ground or from this tree and cut them to size with Seros's sword (plus any others you all have). Then we bundle the branches so they hold more weight and are wider--enough to fit a wagon wheel and have some room for error. They should be more pliable (slightly less likely to snap) since it's been raining.

What other thoughts do people have?[/sblock]

[sblock=Caius's Mini Stats]Caius Aurelius
HP: 20/20
AC: 16 FF: 15 T: 11
CMB: +5 CMD: 16
Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +6
Resistances: Acid (5), Cold (5), Electricity (5)
Perception: +8 S. Motive: +5 Diplomacy: +10
Initiative: +1
Conditions in Effect: +1 damage to next strike (whetstone: scythe)
Weapon in Hand: ---
Daylight (Sp): 1/1 remaining
Smite: 1/1 remaining
Lay on Hands: 4/4 remaining
Consumables: ---
Notes: Bought tent for 10gp, 20lbs; heavy flail for 15gp, 10lbs; trail rations x2 for 1gp, 2lbs; and MWK DW composite shortbow (+3) for 620gp, 1lb. Sold shortbow for 30gp, 2lbs.

New shortbow combat stats are as follows:
+1 to hit, 1d6+3 piercing dmg, x3 multiplier, 70ft range[/sblock]

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2yo5thl.jpg

Fhanna Lorewalker, Lore Shaman 2
Roughy River
Day 5/Afternoon
Round 0

Fhanna was a grumpy dwarf. She sat on the bench of the wagon, slouched over, red hair plastered to her face as she stared through the rain at the fallen log. “Well, bugger it all,” she muttered as Caius moved up to examine the log.

“Can we go around?” She eyed the forest on either side, but it looked to be fairly dense. “This is convenient…” She whistled to Archimedes and told him to be on alert. The raven flew up above them, circling, keeping an eye in the sky. Fhanna turned her own attention to the forest, in case there was an ambush waiting even as she reached for her loaded crossbow.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Action: Perception: 1D20+11 = [20]+11 = 31http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=142337
1D20+6 = [17]+6 = 23

Move:
Free:
Buffs:
Archimedes:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Fhanna Lorewalker Mini Stats]
Fhanna Lorewalker
HP: 21/21 NL: 0
AC: 15 FF: 10 T: 15 Without armor: 10/10/10
CMD: 11
Ammunition: 8/10 bolts
Monstrous Insight (4/day/0 used)

Spells Prepared
0: Daze, Detect Magic, Light, Touch of Fatigue
1. Identify (Spirit Magic), Burning Hands, Cure Light Wounds, Sleep

Game Notes:
Seros is a fantastic lover.
[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Fhanna has burning hands, but otherwise nothing that will help with moving a tree. No axe, either, unfortunately. Can't carry a lot![/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Everyone can see the diameter of the tree is about five feet 'tall'. While Caius is off the path investigating the length of the tree and how far it runs into the woods, Fhanna sends Archimedes to explore as well. The rain is still coming down enough to keep everyone from drying off.

[sblock=Fallen Tree encounter]Results of the explorations will be pmed.

For or a single person to get over (take 10/20 isn't an option due to the rain):
Climb DC 10
Acrobatics DC 10

To build a ramp (only one person needs to pass)
Knowledge Engineering DC 5
Survival DC 10

For horses to walk over ramp(each success gives a +2):
Handle Animal DC 10
(remember all players can try handle animal untrained with DC 10 or under.)

***There may be other methods of solving the problem, this is all just based off of Merry's idea.***

[/sblock]

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2yo5thl.jpg

Fhanna Lorewalker, Lore Shaman 2
Roughy River
Day 5/Afternoon
Round 0

Fhanna didn’t notice anything as she looked around for trouble, but she sensed that Archimedies had found something. Something about...sadness? An animal, a man...music?

“Archie’s found somethin’,” Fhanna told the others. “No’ sure wot yet.” She gave a whistle and her raven flew back to her. “Where?” she asked him.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Action:
Move:
Free:
Buffs:
Archimedes:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Fhanna Lorewalker Mini Stats]
Fhanna Lorewalker
HP: 21/21 NL: 0
AC: 15 FF: 10 T: 15 Without armor: 10/10/10
CMD: 11
Ammunition: 8/10 bolts
Monstrous Insight (4/day/0 used)

Spells Prepared
0: Daze, Detect Magic, Light, Touch of Fatigue
1. Identify (Spirit Magic), Burning Hands, Cure Light Wounds, Sleep

Game Notes:
Seros is a fantastic lover.
[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
The bird flies over to the other side of the log. Disappearing behind it for a moment, and zips back up
and perches right on Fhanna's shoulder.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases