D&D General Welcome Thread

davidjayce

First Post
"Locate Object" Abuse?

My party have the locate person and locate object spells available, and they make liberal use of them. Most recently, they defeated a lich and couldn't find anything that looked like his phylactery in his study. They wanted to cast locate object in order to find the nearest phylactery.

Now, I had already decided that the lich was smart enough to encase his phylactery in a lead box, which blocks the locate object spell. But it seems to me that the spell shouldn't have worked anyway, since they had no idea what form the phylactery took.

What do you think? Should that have worked, if the item hadn't been encased in lead, or is that stretching the spell too far?​

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
My party have the locate person and locate object spells available, and they make liberal use of them. Most recently, they defeated a lich and couldn't find anything that looked like his phylactery in his study. They wanted to cast locate object in order to find the nearest phylactery.

Now, I had already decided that the lich was smart enough to encase his phylactery in a lead box, which blocks the locate object spell. But it seems to me that the spell shouldn't have worked anyway, since they had no idea what form the phylactery took.

What do you think? Should that have worked, if the item hadn't been encased in lead, or is that stretching the spell too far?​

Two things, [MENTION=6972143]davidjayce[/MENTION] .

1) Your post is largely invisible to some posters. Here’s why, and how to fix it.
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?348563-Dark-Text-on-a-Dark-Background-Tutorial

2) You should probably make your own thread for this.

DnDDraco

Villager
Hello all! 1st post and new member here. Looking for some PbP style playing, 5e DnD and checking out the rest that this site has to offer. Excited to give things a whirl.

UnionCityHeroes

First Post
Union City Heroes

Hello everyone! I'm Paul. I've designed a brand new comic book superhero RPG!
It's currently live on Kickstarter, it's already at over 50% in 48 hours!
I am so excited to share it with the world!
http://kck.st/2RVqAKM
This is the first game I am crowdsourcing and I was hoping to get some advice on how to contact bloggers and podcasters to get them talking about this game.
Any and all feedback, questions, or support regarding anything related to Union City Heroes is welcome and encouraged. Thank you so much for having me as part of this community!:D

KnightOfTigers

First Post
Hello all!
Been a roleplayer since I was a kid, but have had very few long-lasting groups. Since I love RPGs, but play so little, I've slowly become more interested in the underlying design and mechanics of RPGs. I'd actually be pretty good at it if I weren't so awful at maths and statistics. "What an impressive but useless skill!" I believe the quote goes.

I've played Talislanta, Palladium Fantasy, Runequest 2e (I think?), Pathfinder, and D&D 4e and 5e, but have studied Palladium's Heroes Unlimited, Beyond the Supernatural and Robotech/Macross books exhaustively, along with (on a lesser level) Stargate SG-1 D20, Serenity RPG, FATE 2e and FATE Core, Hero System's Champions, Mekton, MAID, WOIN, Fantasy Flight's Star Wars line and Tenra Bansho Zero.

Anyways, the new registration window dumped me here in the D&D 5e welcome thread, but I'm actually just about to head to the WOIN section of the forum to scout some help for a homebrew I'm working on. If anyone has some experience with that system and is familiar with giant robot shows like Macross and Gundam, please drop by!

That is, once I stop getting hit with 502 errors.

Last edited:

bstern

First Post
Hi there!

I've been playing tabletop RPGs since I was a kid, in my older brother's D&D 1st ed game. I've played every edition of D&D, plus Pathfinder, a few Palladium games, FATE, and a small handful of other RPGs, but right now I'm mostly playing either Pathfinder or derivatives thereof.

Remove ads