D&D General Welcome Thread

DrunkenShinobi

First Post
Howdy hi AND hello! I've been playing RPGs for nearly 14 years now, having started with D&D 3.5 (Forgotten Realms particularly). I've also played Pathfinder, the Fantasy Flight 40K Games and a few miscellaneous homebrew campaigns. I've recently decided to give 5E a try, but haven't had much luck finding any people to play with locally, considering I live in a fairly rural area. I'm a pretty laidback sort who can typically find fun in just about any setting that could be thrown at me. I tend to lean a bit more towards the roleplaying aspect of the game, whether it's something serious or slightly more humorous in nature. I'll never shy away from a good fight though!

Thanks!

girtablilu

Villager
Hi. I started playing Gamma World around 1984, running/writing campaigns for it for about 10 years. I only played AD&D a few times back then. I'm here to learn not only how to play, but to run AD&D 1e. Thanks for having me...

While I'm pretty sure I had an account here in the distant past, I'm certain it was using an email that I no longer use, so I'm starting fresh as a result. I decided to check back in with the release of Starfinder to see what kind of discussions were cropping up here in regards to that game (got the PDF and going through it, be getting the print copy later). I'll probably be looking at other parts of the forums in lurk mode as I get a feel for how things are here currently since it has been quite a while.

stopthis

First Post
You made me make this account to download a file. That was silly, and a waste of everyone's time.

I also notice you're using the sites announcements to threaten people who disagree with you.

Neither of these things make me want to be a part of this community.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I also notice you're using the sites announcements to threaten people who disagree with you.

More accurately, the site's owner is giving fair warning that, from this point forward, the use of certain incendiary terms will not be permitted. IOW, it is a more specific, bright-line rule derived from the more general rule of "Keep it civil."

If this bothers you, so be it.

zelix

First Post
Hi, Newbie here. I haven't played D&D in decades. I was playing when the biggest thing was the rules and AD&D was born. I have to get on board with the latest addition and get back into the game.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Hi, Newbie here. I haven't played D&D in decades. I was playing when the biggest thing was the rules and AD&D was born. I have to get on board with the latest addition and get back into the game.

Welcome, I'll have a One Shot Game running soon please , stop in and join the fun.

Maiden Paladin

First Post
Hi, I just signed up after a long time away from ENWorld; I was Odnasept on here during the mid-2000s! I notice that the interface seems to have changed a bit (it reminds me of that of mernetwork), so I'm still wondering if I can recall how to give oneself an avatar....

Remove ads