OOC [Dungeon World] The Seven Reaches

doghead

thotd
The Way Ahead

Welcome back.

A couple of questions for each of you before I start setting everything back up.

1. OOC- Campaign Group (with wiki) OR just utilise OOC/RG threads?

I like the idea of the Group and Wiki, but it does involve a bit more work, and I am not sure how much value it added from your point of view. The functionality of the Group/Wiki could also be replicated using a RG thread (possibly also including key NPCs as we go) and allocating the first few OOC posts for Setting information.

Note: I have copies of everyone's character sheets if needed.

2. IC - Continue with the current encounter OR close it off and restart in Halfpoint?

The goblin encounter was intended as a chance to give the combat system a bit of a run and see how hard it is to kill characters. Effectively you are free and clear of the threat now as the goblins have nothing fast enough to chase you down. Actually, I might as well tell you that they won't cross the river. That said, there will be implications associated with a band of goblins in the Vale.

One more thing. Because you can probably make him out from where you are: the "large individual" on the other side of the bridge is a troll. Its not unheard of, trolls build and maintain bridges in return some form of payment to use the bridge - usually food or supplies, sometimes coin.

One Last Thing

I was intending to run an End Of Session move once you reached Halfpoint. There were two reasons. First to give everyone a chance to see how the XP is generated in DW and how it ties into play. Second, to see where we were with respect to Level Up. The latter is somewhat complicated by the fact that we have lost the IC thread. So unless everyone has been keeping a record of the occasions on which they rolled a 6- and Marked XP, we might have to fudge that number.

I think that that is all for now.

thotd

GlassEye

Adventurer
!. I don't mind having the campaign group/wiki but truth is, you are the one doing the lion's share of the work on it, doghead. My vote would be to go with whatever is easiest for you to get us up and running again.

2. I was preparing to make a post when ENWorld went down. Half-Jack was going to strongly advocate that we all ride for Halfpoint. I think my suggestion would be to close it off and restart in Halfpoint.

As for End of Session, I don't think I'm anywhere near level-up. I've been pretty lucky in my rolls and I don't think I've marked xp yet.

Insight

Adventurer
Ilrec is also nowhere near ready to level up, even with the end of session questions.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

doghead

thotd
I agree. I don't think that you will have enough XP to level up yet. Thats OK, Level Up is a different move from End of Session.

I think that now would be a good time to run an End of Session. I think that it will be useful to those not familiar with the system, and also because we have come to the end of the session in a way. We should do it now while the we can remember what has happened up to this point.

So ...

DW said:
End of Session

When you reach the end of a session, choose one of your bonds that you feel is resolved (completely explored, no longer relevant, or otherwise). Ask the player of the character you have the bond with if they agree. If they do, mark XP and write a new bond with whomever you wish.

Once bonds have been updated look at your alignment. If you fulfilled that alignment at least once this session, mark XP.

Then answer these three questions as a group:
• Did we learn something new and important about the world?
• Did we overcome a notable monster or enemy?
• Did we loot a memorable treasure?
For each “yes” answer everyone marks XP.

As you can see, it is quite collaborative. It will be a day or two before I can get the IC and OOC thread up running, so this is a good opportunity.

As for Marked XP from failed moves, in the absence of any records, I think I will simply allocate 1 XP to everyone.

I have added copies of your character sheets in case anyone doesn't have one.

thotd

Attachments

• pc_Warris.txt
    5 KB · Views: 116
  • pc_Throk.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 207
  • pc_Ilrec.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 130
  • pc_ Arafeliana.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 143
  • pc_Half Jack.txt
    3.3 KB · Views: 151

doghead

thotd
Damn, can't open the file :(

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Tapatalk

Maybe smart phones don't like simple text files.

NAME: Throk the Mighty
DESCRIPTION: Tormented eyes, mighty thews, strange tattoos, and a scavenger's outfit
RACE: Human
ALIGNMENT: Neutral
BACKGROUND: Upon being banished from his people and from his homeland Throk has tried to move on to a new way of living.
BONDS
* ONE
* TWO
* THREE

STR 15 (+2), DEX 12 (+1), CON 16 (+3)
INT 8 (-1), WIS 13 (+1), CHA 9 (+0)

BASE DAMAGE: 1d10+1
HIT POINTS: 24

ARMOR: 1 (Chainmail)

EQUIPMENT
* CHAINMAIL (+1arm) WT 1
* 2 HANDED SWORD (Close, +1dmg) WT 2
* DAGGER (1/Hand) WT 1
* DUNGEON RATIONS (5) WT 1
LOAD (5/10)

WEALTH
* COIN: XX. WT X.

MOVES
HERCULEAN APPETITES: Others may content themselves with just a taste of wine, or dominion over a servant or two, but you want more. Choose two appetites. While pursuing one of your appetites if you would roll for a move, instead of rolling 2d6 you roll 1d6+1d8. If the d6 is the higher die of the pair, the GM will also introduce a complication or danger that comes about due to your heedless pursuits.
* Mortal pleasures
* Fame and glory

THE UPPER HAND: You take +1 ongoing to last breath rolls. When you take your last breath, on a 7–9 you make an offer to Death in return for your life. If Death accepts he will return you to life. If not, you die.

MUSCLEBOUND: While you wield a weapon it gains the forceful and messy tags.

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR: When you cry out a challenge to your enemies, roll+Con.
On a 10+ they treat you as the most obvious threat to be dealt with and ignore your companions, take +2 damage ongoing against them.On a 7–9 only a few (the weakest or most foolhardy among them) fall prey to your taunting.

FULL PLATE AND PACKING STEEL: You ignore the clumsy tag on armor you wear.

SMASH!: When you hack and slash, on a 12+ deal your damage and choose something physical your target has (a weapon, their position, a limb): they lose it.

SAMSON: You may take a debility to immediately break free of any physical or mental restraint.

HUNT AND TRACK: When you follow a trail of clues left behind by passing creatures, roll+WIS.
✴ On a 7+, you follow the creature’s trail until there’s a significant change in its direction or mode of travel.
✴ On a 10+, you also choose 1:
Gain a useful bit of information about your quarry, or Determine what caused the trail to end

CALLED SHOT: When you attack a defenseless or surprised enemy at range, you can choose to deal your damage or name your target and roll+DEX.
Head:
✴ 10+: As 7–9, plus your damage
✴ 7-9: They do nothing but stand and drool for a few moments.
Arms:
✴ 10+: As 7-9, plus your damage
✴ 7-9: They drop anything they’re holding.
Legs:
✴ 10+: As 7-9, plus your damage
✴ 7-9: They’re hobbled and slow moving.

GlassEye

Adventurer
So, End of Session.

Half-Jack didn't act within his alignment and I think all his bonds are still at a place where they could be better fulfilled. No marking of XP there.

As for the questions, I would answer 'YES' to all three though my interpretation may not be exactly as intended. I can supply detail if you'd like.

Changing the subject, I don't have a record of the Troll Fire Charm (though I am thankful you had a copy of Half-Jack's sheet). Also, this seems like the opportune time to ask if I can make a slight change to my character sheet. I'd like to switch the Precise tag (the bonus gear enhancement for leveling you bequeathed us) from his dagger to his short sword. I feel like I placed it without really knowing what I was doing at the time.

Remove ads