EN World The ENWorld PbP Massacre Discussion

Jago

Explorer
I only just recently saw those books. I have not played star wars since... was it saga? No I think it was the d20 version after that?

They are good books: I really enjoy the system. And the artwork is astounding, worth it just for that.

And I believe Saga was the last d20 version, neh? I remember enjoying it but I've always felt that d20 is just ... not the appropriate system for Star Wars. Never really felt right to me. Not that it wasn't great, and there's like a million books with tons of stuff!

But I really like the product FFG put out, very faithful to the source and spirit of The Galaxy Far, Far Away.

ccs

41st lv DM
I feel like this is the perfect opportunity for someone to make a game or character with three to four months of amnesia.

:)
I've already kinda incorporated that into my warlocks backstory.
My warlock started out as an NPC in the Fri night game I DM. Next I used her as an NPC in the occasionally running "All Barbarian party" game I DM. Things started the same as the Fri game, but quickly diverged.... Then I made a 1st lv version of her as a PC for our CoS game. Then a 5th lv version for a PBP Desert of Desolation game here.
And I'd JUST made an 8th lv version for a new PBP trying to get started & things crashed.
Poor Bree has two same-but-different starting chapters, a trip though Barovia, some adventuring in the desert that oddly just stops, and now a sense of Deja-vu as she enters a different version of Barovia....

She has NO explanation for the duel memories, the whiplashing of her lvs, or the sudden shift out of the desert into some swamp.
Her best guess though is that "THEY" (idiots in the old WoTC forums) were right & that someone finally did break the game by casting Knock.
Her pseudo-dragon familiar disagrees, blaming the Flash - Stop running back & forth through time! You cause unexplainable ripples & paradoxes.

doghead

thotd
It can and does happen to anybody, up to and including megacorporations and national security agencies. We've had a bit of bad luck, but hopefully we've used all that up now.

PbP games definitely got hit the worst. I feel terrible for you guys. :(

Cheers.

But I am grateful that you provide this space for us. And generally, it runs great. I think it would be a bit self indulgent of me to get all bent out of shape by this.

thotd

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
I, too, lost just about everything for games I was participating in or running. Dirge Of The North is basically gone, aside from a few notes outside of the site, I had everything here. I'm unsure what to do with it at this point. I may try something in a similar style after I get my feet wet again. Thankfully that one was not exactly pages deep into plot.

I still have the map.

I think that we can recover the IC game pretty quickly. As you said, we were not far into it. Not sure how much of the background information you still have.

Anyway, I'm up for it if you and the others are.

thotd

Jago

Explorer
I still have the map.

I think that we can recover the IC game pretty quickly. As you said, we were not far into it. Not sure how much of the background information you still have.

Anyway, I'm up for it if you and the others are.

I will strongly consider it. Let me see what I can recover and go from there, yeah?

Insight

Adventurer
I do mean FFG. Will be doing a super combo of all three main lines either set in the Rebellion Era using the Legends Canon or immediately following the Battle of Jakku in the New Canon
I am interested in this. A friend of mine ran FFG for us - the Bounty Hunter one? - and it was pretty cool. I'd like to check it out again.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases