D&D 5E [OOC] Creamsteak's Storm King's Thunder

[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION], thanks, I edited in "battlefield control caster" for Ilsh. If anyone else has suggestions, let me know.

I'm totally fine with playing a cleric, they're a great class. How is the melee v. ranger spectrum within the party, do you think? Do we need one more than the other? (a surface skim made me think we could use another ranged combatant) I have a heavy docket of court hearings tomorrow at work, so likely won't begin drafting in earnest until the mid-evening hours after I've got myself and The Heathens home for the day.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Yeah, we have a lot of melee. Ilsh is more ranged, but she won't be doing a lot of damage.

Clerics don't normally get good ranged weapon profs, but an elf (wood elves make decent clerics) would. Or a multiclass, perhaps.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Seconding a cleric, or (since we can have healing through the rangers and the bard) maybe you should just play whatever you'll have most fun with!

As for melee v. ranged: the two rangers, despite their differences, have largely overlapping skills and so my instinct to go ranged w/sharpshooter reduces the variability available to us.

My current thought then (needing permission from Creamsteak) is the Mariner fighting style form the Waterborne Adventures UA: +1 AC in light or Med armour, and a swim and climb speed.

My sense with a swim/climb speed is that there would be no need to roll athletics to do those things, but one simply can include them in one's normal movement. If that seems right to you, Creamsteak, I'll choose that -- it will make her hit lighter, but introduce variation.

But similarly, if we want another ranged ranger (and it won't cause rangedrangeranger), speak up -- I do understand the appeal of extra damage.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
I held back from deranged ranged ranger anger. That would have been excessive.
And I am all about the restraint.

Remove ads