Passengers

Mallus

Legend
"Hey, I got a great idea for a movie! Let's remake Silent Running with attractive people."

(I'll probably see it. I like both the leads and, well, spaceships.)

Janx

Hero
never saw silent running, so I guess I'll be fine.

I think this is the Hollywood upgrade to The Martian, let's tell a story with not one, but TWO people trapped in space alone.

Ryujin

Legend

I think this is the Hollywood upgrade to The Martian, let's tell a story with not one, but TWO people trapped in space alone.

It's worth seeing, if you can find it. It used t come up on TV every couple of years but I haven't seen it in the better part of a decade now. Maybe Netflix?

The premise is that the Earth has become so industrialized and polluted that there are no trees left on it. The only remaining 'forests' are on spaceships with agriculture domes crewed by bored humans and a few service robots.

Interesting.
I dig finding out about movies when the trailer launches three months and change prior to release. It's easier to get interested in a moving coming "very soon!!" rather than in a year's time.

The concept and story seem... well, vague and uncertain. There's not enough to really go on. Space ships, love, mystery, some vague danger. It all looks good, but the final execution will make or break the movie. It could amazing or it could suck.

Still... not a remake or a sequel or a planned franchise. So that's cool.

Alemor

First Post
I like a lot of the sci-fi movies that have been coming out, though I think this one is a nice change of pace.

It seemed it would be a bit slower and laid back, taking a look at their lives for a majority of the movie. Pretty much up my alley, so I'm looking forward to it.

Mallus

Legend
... and fewer trees.
We can use the money we save on trees to pay Jennifer Lawrence's salary! It should help, right?

It's very much a 1970s SF film, but worth seeing. Douglass Trumball's spaceship model work is great, and Bruce Dern, while nowhere near as attractive as Lawrence or Pratt, is a good actor.

Ryujin

Legend
We can use the money we save on trees to pay Jennifer Lawrence's salary! It should help, right?

It's very much a 1970s SF film, but worth seeing. Douglass Trumball's spaceship model work is great, and Bruce Dern, while nowhere near as attractive as Lawrence or Pratt, is a good actor.

The agriculture ships' design very much reminded me of "Starlost."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases