Pathfinder 1E The Haunting of Calithil Manor

ealt

Explorer
Calithil Manor - Main Hall

Leira cautiously inserts the brass key into the matching lock on the large mahogany double doors leading into the manor. With a shove the heavy doors creak inward slowly, revealing a gloomy interior. Directly in front of the party is a large worn runner leading up to a double staircase. There are several doors on both the lower and upper level. Flanking the runner are several suits of antique armor, some fallen over, clearly of decorative purpose. To the party's immediate left is a long dining table, with numerous settings in tarnished silver. Beyond the table is a large swing-hinge door. The manor is almost completely silent, and surprisingly free of dust despite being abandoned for centuries.

ealt

Explorer
Leira Olren, Master of Martial Arts

Looking about in surprise, Leira laughs a bit nervously. "How can it be in this good of shape after all these years? No dust? My room at the abbey would get covered in dust after a quick trip to Tritower." Looking around a bit more, "Well, plenty of places to poke around. Just let me know where you want to go, and I'll lead the way."

ealt

Explorer
Rak'Tan Veragni

Rak'Tan enters the main room alongside Leira. "Door first, or should we check upstairs?" the Tiefling asks in a low, shaky voice, hands still badly shaking on the grip of his greatsword.

ealt

Explorer

"I say door. If the rest of you agree, I'll take point on it. Just be ready for anything." She clasps her blade to her belt, in advance of opening the door.

ealt

Explorer
Rak'Tan Veragni

"The door sounds good enough, rather not be stuck on the second floor with those things on both sides of us anyway." Rak'Tan says, still shakily holding his greatsword.

ealt

Explorer
Theia Merryweather, Nihilist

Theia follows the others in, certainly not near the front, but in the middle of the pack. She notices the timidness in Rak'Tan's footsteps. "What's the matter big fella? Heard one too many ghost stories?" She takes a keen look around while she waits for his answer, but before Leira opens the door.

ealt

Explorer
Rak'Tan Veragni

Rak'Tan turns to Theia, and with a cold look says "No, not stories. I've looked one in it's ghostly eyes myself, and nearly didn't make it to tell the tale, so I'm a bit nervous when it comes to these unclean things."

ealt

Explorer
Aelspeth Noromiel, Novice Conjurer

Aelspeth smiles at Theia's comment, keeping her own nerves in check by reciting the familiar acid cantrip in her head, prepared to hawk vitriol at any restless dead.

"I imagine there will be a kitchen through there," the elf motions toward the swing-hinge door. "Let us clear that space before moving on."

Darwin, golden monkey of tart demeanor, pokes his head out from the sash across Aelspeth's back. He clambers almost comically up onto his mistress's head, eliciting a one-eyed squint and frown from the latter. She swats at the air beside him and he hops to the floor, where he stands up on his legs and walks in mirror to Rak'Tan, mocking the warrior. Aelspeth looks down at him, looks up to the door, and snaps her gaze back down as if realizing what the fiend is about.

"Do stop that! We're all somewhat on edge, including you, Mister!"

ealt

Explorer
Zinnelis Laediril

Zinnelis Laediril, Elven Ranger (Level 2)
Calathil Manor
Late Afternoon

Nothing dangerous presented itself in the open room beyond the door and they moved inside. Zinn relaxed his bow, but kept the arrow on the string.

“Yes, let’s clear the first floor before we explore the second,” the elf agreed, following the others toward the swing doors.

ealt

Explorer

"Well, then swinging doors it is." She moves across the dining room to the swinging doors on the far side. She motions with her fingers. 1...2...3! On her third signal she presses through the door to the room beyond.

Remove ads