Pathfinder 1E The Haunting of Calithil Manor

ealt

Explorer
Theia Merryweather, Nihilist

Theia feigns shock. "I shouldn't be surprised that you think so highly of yourself. I didn't mean that I was going to use my best interrogation techniques on you. That's why they invented the locals, no?" She winks at him as she turns to leave. "Toodles."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Outside the office she gathers up the group. "My name is Theia. I use magic. I can summon creatures, and other effects out of thin air. Some might call them quite nasty." Next she smirks at Zinnelis. "I can also make my own luck, and luck for you too. So if you are about to try something tricky, or dumb, let me know. I may be able to help a bit. And of course, bring the opposite to those who stand in our away. I might know a few other tricks too."

Theia takes a breath. "If we are going to be working together, out with it. What can do you? We are going to have to trust each other and know everyone's strengths and weaknesses. For example, I am absolutely embarrassing with any sort of weapon. Who's next?"

I don't trust any one of them. Well, maybe the elf.

ealt

Explorer
Rak'Tan Veragni

Rak'Tan unstraps his great blade and holds it in front of him, a grin appearing on his face as he looks at the blade. "I'm pretty good with one of these."

ealt

Explorer
Zinnelis Laediril

Zinnelis Laediril, Elven Ranger (Level 2)
Magistrate’s office
Late Afternoon

Theia poured out her questions and Zinnelis smiled slightly. It seemed the woman was never satisfied.

“It matters little who the families are,” Zinn said quietly. “We were hired to find the lad, not solve the politics of the merchant guilds.” He picked up his longbow once the magistrate acknowledged their acceptance of the mission and followed the others outside again.

“I am good with my bow,” Zinn told the woman as Theia inquired what they could do. “I can track, as well, which should help.”

They headed through the city toward the eastern gate and the stables where this Bors fellow awaited them.

ealt

Explorer
Leira Olren, Master of Martial Arts

Looking between the others, Leira looking a bit nervous she takes a deep breath. "My name is Leira Olren, and well, I'm a trained martial artist, I'm used to being on the front lines protecting others." She unstraps the odd sword hooked to her belt. "Between my fists, feet, and my whip blade, not much gets past me. Worst case, as a disciple of Amenthia, I'm a trained healer."

She shakes her head. "Between a good tracker and archer, two well trained warriors, and someone who can make their own luck" She looks puzzled on the last bit. "I'm sure betwen us, we can handle this investigation."

ealt

Explorer
The Grand Stables

The party continues chatting as they travel through the city's eastern gates before arriving at the Grand Stables. The air is heavy with the scent of hay and manure. The stables are surprisingly crowded, with all manner of folk arriving and departing from the city. It strikes them that finding their driver in this veritable sea of people could be quite a challenge. Luckily, they catch sight of man who gives them a friendly wave, beckoning them to approach his wagon.

ealt

Explorer

With a cheerful smile, Leira waves to the wagon driver. "Good day sir! We are the people hired by the Magistrate, to track down Vignar. I assume you are Bors?"

ealt

Explorer
Theia Merryweather, Nihilist

Theia follows behind the others as the approach the man who called them over. Although she doesn't show it, she silently analyzes his words and gestures for any sense of falsity. For now she, she is content to listen to the others interact with the stranger. It's hard for her to focus though, due to the unfriendly aromas emanating from the stables. These animals are useless. Too bad this isn't the butchery.

ealt

Explorer
Zinnelis Laediril

Zinnelis Laediril, Elven Ranger (Level 2)
Magistrate’s office
Late Afternoon

The familiar smell of the stables hit Zinnelis and he felt more in his element, away from the stench of the city. As usual, it ws crowded with people. It wasn’t too long ago that he had been here. He took a moment to look in on his horse Daisy until the others called that they had found their contact and he rejoined them.

“Good afternoon, sir,” the elven ranger greeted politely. He hoped up onto the wagon and then held out both hands to the ladies to help them up.

ealt

Explorer
Rak'Tan Veragni

Rak'Tan takes Zinnelis' hand and climbs up into the wagon. "Thanks pal" he says before having a seat.

ealt

Explorer

Leira adjusts her gear as she climbs into the wagon after the others. "Well, I don't think I've traveled IN a wagon since I was a child. Kind of brings back memories."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases