Pathfinder 1E The Haunting of Calithil Manor

ealt

Explorer
Beyond the Manor Gates

The members of the group that have crossed the fence find themselves in a spacious, well-tended garden. All around are colorful blooms and deep-green fronds indicative of a skilled hand tending to the place. Some species are common and familiar, while others are not immediately recognizable. The group continues to wait near the edge of the fence as the last few members attempt to find their way through. During this period, a young woman with blonde hair and obvious elven features strolls out from the treeline.

ealt

Explorer
Theia Merryweather, Nihilist

Theia warily watches the elf approach and decides to let someone else speak first. Her acrid words could do no good here.

ealt

Explorer
Aelspeth Noromiel, Novice Conjurer

Aelspeth steps into the clearing and smiles warmly to see familiar faces assembled, split as they are on either side of the fence. "Well hello again," she says with a genuine smile. "It seems the gods would have us work together once more." The young elf looks over at Theia and adds, "The gods and Magistrate Simon, that is. I don't believe I have made your acquaintance, Miss. I am Aelspeth Noromiel. I have worked previously with Zinnelis, Rak'Tan, and Leira. What may I call you?"

After waiting to hear Theia's response, Aelspeth looks past her and scrunches her nose in a slightly childish expression of curiosity. "What's this over here?" she points. Moving toward an unremarkable bush, she says over her shoulder, "Do you see this?" The branches were recently disturbed and, once pulled aside, reveal bars in the fence to have been pried apart.

"Hmm," the wizard intones, tapping a finger to her lips. "Rak'Tan, can you fit under here with all that red meat about you?"

ealt

Explorer
Rak'Tan Veragni

"I can most certainly give it a try, old friend." the Tiefling says before making the attempt.

ealt

Explorer

Theia answers in turn, quite neutral in tone. "Theia Merryweather. What sort of things can you bring to the table in order to help us find Vignar the Lesser, here at Calithil Manor?"

ealt

Explorer
Leira Olren, Master of Martial Arts

"Well, well, we meet again Aelspeth!" Smiling broadly from the other side of the fence, she beckons the others. "So far it seems safe on this side." She checks the area around to make sure the area is still clear.

ealt

Explorer
Within the Manor Garden

With all of the party members finally able to reach the other side of the gate, and the party's spirits lifted by the arrival of an old comrade in arms things seem to be going rather well. Leira peers around the garden, the vivid colors of the various exotic plants are nearly overwhelming. Not too far from where the party crossed the gate she spies a large, dry fountain in a serious state of disrepair. The statue that rises from the middle of the fountain, while covered in thick moss, is still discernible as depicting two lovers in a tender embrace. Beyond the fountain, is a ramshackle shed surrounded by old sacks of fertilizer and pitted gardening tools. The scene is overall that of a once-grand location sadly fallen into a state of disrepair; however, several of the exotic plants seem oddly well-groomed for such conditions. The manor proper still lies someways in the distance.

ealt

Explorer

After glancing over at the garden, Theia breaks the silence and speaks to Rak'tan, who looks as if he is ready for some action. "After you, big guy."

ealt

Explorer
Rak'Tan Veragni

Rak'Tan walks towards the shed, if it's not locked he slowly opens the door after removing his greatsword from his back.

ealt

Explorer
Leira Olren, Master of Martial Arts

Watching Rak'tan enter the shed, Leira takes up a guarding position toward the rear of the group. "Don't worry, I've got our backs. I don't like this one bit. It's supposed to be abandoned, but some of those plants look...pretty actually." She shakes her head. "It..isn't just me is it? Amenthia help me, I'm confused." She sighs resignedly.

Blade now in her hand, she paces back and forth nervously. This isn't right, no not at all. At least I know Aelspeth is a genius. She'll know. Keep calm.

She takes a deep breath, and focuses her senses trying to find anything that might threaten her comrades.

Remove ads