Savage Worlds Rifts [OOC]

GreenKarl

First Post
I understand... and work has just slammed me with some extra stuff so I will not be able to update the IC until tomorrow.

I will post some thoughts tonight when I get home though... but I do kind of have a love/hate relationship with Savage Worlds. It just I really REALLY like the idea of Rifts but really hate the original system :)

Shayuri

First Post
SW is definitely better than the original system! It has that going for it.

I like so many things about it...but it's just so damn hard to actually finish guys off in it! I've been pumping those vampires full of PURE DAYLIGHT for several rounds, across two fights, and they're back to full. As if I never shot them at all.

It's like you HAVE to get a crazy lucky exploding dice or you may as well just throw rocks.

Shayuri

First Post
It can't just be that because I'm literally hitting them with the stuff they're supposedly most vulnerable to. They don't care at all. Sunlight? Stings for a second but then you're right as rain. It's fine!

GreenKarl

First Post
Ah I see... but part of that is the nature of Soaking :) So you did 2 wounds to him that he can't regenerate from. He spend bennies to soak the other damage or else you would have taken them out right away. If there was something like "luck" in D&D it would have been him dodging out of the way to take no damage from an attack he is vulnerable from :)

The Vampire Bride took damage from Alenys fire which they CAN regenerate from so that is why she is back.

CharlotteOz

Explorer
The lesson, I guess, is that we should have all packed some water pistols.

Well, hopefully if we take out enough of their thugs the vampires'll take the hint and run? We don't have to kill them, just make them so worried they'll die that they run away.

Shayuri

First Post
Arr, I guess part of it's just that we've been in several fights in a row against elite enemies who can soak damage...so maybe my irritation isn't so much at the system but at the situation. But then again, this is what we signed up for. :)

GreenKarl

First Post
Think of Soak as Hit Points... if in D&D you were facing a Vampire the Master Vampire would probably have around 100 HP with Regeneration.... normally it would take a lot of rounds to take him out even with stuff like Sunlight :)

Soaking is sort of "My Badguy can stand up to you a few rounds".... most of the time. I had one game where my Big Boss with a high toughness and 3 or 4 bennies and one character did something like 10 wounds with exploding die on the VERY first attack... so much for that epic show down :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases