D&D 5E D&D5 Against the Slavelords [Rogue's Gallery]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
[sblock=Tirion Cayde]Name: Tirion Cayde
Class and Level: Cleric 6 (Life)
Background: Noble
Race: Variant Human
Alignment: NG - Tirion does his best to help others according to their needs. He has strong Lawful tendencies, which are under strain given the situation back home with his uncle Maledict and his cousin/foster brother Rex. He does not know the truth yet about his uncle.
XP:14,000/23,000

Variant Human Features:
ASI: +1 Str and +1 Wis
Skills: Proficiency in Insight
Feat: Warcaster - Advantage on Concentration saves; perform somatic components with weapon or shield in hand; cast a spell as an opportunity attack

Cleric Features:
Ritual Caster (must have spell prepared)
Domain: Life
Disciple of Life: All healing spells restore an extra 2+spell level hit points
Channel Divinity (2/R):
Turn/Destroy Undead (CR 1/2)
Preserve Life: Heal 5 x Cleric Level (30) hp divided among creatures within 30’, up to half their hp max
Blessed Healer: When you cast a healing spell on another creature, you regain hp 2+spell level

Proficiencies:
Armor: Heavy
Weapons: Simple
Tools: Dragonchess

Noble:
Skill Proficiencies: History, Persuasion
Additional Language: Elven
Equipment: A set of fine clothes, a signet ring, a scroll of pedigree, and a purse containing 25 gp.
Feature: Position of Privilege - Thanks to your noble birth, people are inclined to think the best of you. You are welcome in high society, and people assume you have the right to be wherever you are. The common folk make every effort to accommodate you and avoid your displeasure, and other people of high birth treat you as a member of the same social sphere. You can secure an audience with a noble if you need to.

Personality:
The common people love me for my kindness and generosity.
I try hard to live up to the example left me by my parents.

Ideal:
Noble Obligation. It is my duty to protect and care for the people beneath me.

Bonds:
My loyalty to my rightful sovereign and cousin Rex is unwavering.

Flaws:
I am secretly in love with my best friend Rex's estranged wife and keep secret from him the moment of weakness we had together. (Love triangle)

STR: 15/19 (+2/+4) Save: +2 (+1 to Str from V. Human)(Gauntlets of Ogre Power)
DEX: 10 (0) Save: 0
CON: 13 (+1) Save: +1
INT: 10 (0) Save: 0
WIS: 18 (+4) Save: +7 (+1 to Wis from V. Human)(+2 Wis from L4 ASI) Proficiency in saves from Cleric class
CHA: 10 (+0) Save: +3 Proficiency in saves from Cleric class

Initiative: 0
HP: 39
Speed: 30
AC: 20
Hit Dice: 6d8
Proficiency Bonus: +3

Languages:
Common, Elven, Dwarven

Skills
Acrobatics (DEX): 0
Animal Handling (WIS): +4
Arcana (INT): 0
Athletics (STR): +2/+4
Deception (CHA): 0
History (INT): +3*
Insight (WIS): +7*
Intimidation (CHA): 0
Investigation (INT): 0
Medicine (WIS): +7*
Nature (INT): 0
Perception (WIS): +4
Performance (CHA): 0
Persuasion (CHA): +3*
Religion: (INT): +3*
Slight of Hand (DEX): 0
Stealth (DEX): 0
Survival (WIS): +4

*Indicates proficiency

Mace: +7 to hit, 1d6+4/B
Javelin: +7 to hit, 1d6+4/P 30’/120’
Handaxe: +7 to hit, 1d6+4/S 20’/60’
Dagger: +7 to hit, 1d4+4/P 20'/60'

Spell attack: +7
Spell DC: 15

Equipment:
Gold: 25 gp
Javelin x3
Healer's kit (10 uses)
Holy Water x5
Acid
Alchemist Fire
Antitoxin
Explorer's pack (backpack, bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 rations, waterskin, 50' silk rope)
300 gp diamond (for use with Revivify)
Scroll of Cure Light (L1) x5
Potion of Healing x5 (2d4+2)
Gauntlets of Ogre Power
Mithral plate armor
Shield (w/ Holy Symbol)
Mace
Handaxe
Dagger
Climber's kit
Traveler's clothes (worn)
Holy Symbol amulet (enchanted with continual flame)
Incense and Censer
Vestments
Dragonchess set
Trinket: A mosaic tile w/ multicolored glazed surface (Pelor tile from parents' tomb)

Spells -(R) denotes a spell castable as a ritual:

Cantrips:
Guidance
Mending
Sacred Flame
Thaumaturgy

1st Level:
Domain: Bless
Domain: Cure Wounds
Command
Guiding Bolt
Healing Word

2nd Level:
Domain: Lesser Restoration
Domain: Spiritual Weapon
Blindness/Deafness
Hold Person
Prayer of Healing
Silence (R)

3rd Level:
Domain: Beacon of Hope
Domain: Revivify
Dispel Magic
Mass Healing Word
Spirit Guardians
[/sblock]

r9qvzo.jpg

[sblock=Appearance]

Tirion is tall and broad-shouldered, radiating strength and confidence and the inner fires of conviction. His skin is tanned from his travels, though not yet weathered. He is of the typical mixed stock of most of Furyondy with black hair and blue eyes with a strong jaw.

The mithral armor he inherited from his father is plated in brass and highly shined, as is his mace, inherited from his mother. Both he keeps in good condition. The holy symbol of Pelor he inherited from his mother is enchanted with a continual flame spell and hangs around his neck or tucked inside his armor if not needed. His shield, also inherited from his father, also has a holy symbol, though for this mission he has carefully covered his shield with black goat hide. Over his armor he wears a simple woolen cloak that can clasp in front to look like robes.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Background]

Tirion Cayde's father was a paladin of Pelor, and his mother was a cleric of the sun god, the sister of Duke Benedict of Gilead, a minor duchy in the Kingdom of Furyody. When both his parents were killed in an undead scourge, Tiron was taken into the ducal household and raised as a son alongside the Duke's heir, Rex. Tirion followed in his parents' footsteps and dedicated himself to Pelor as a cleric. With the untimely (some speculate suspicious, but those are just unsubstantiated rumors...right?) death of the duke, the duke's younger brother Maledict convinced the duke's advisors into a political coup, removing the rakish and ne'er-do-well Rex and placing the Maledict on the throne. Rex immediately started a rebellion against his uncle, fleeing to the forest. Tirion supported the rightful claim of his cousin, perhaps a bit too vocally. His superiors in the church were afraid the new duke, never an ardent supporter of the faith, would punish the temple. For his own safety and theirs, it was "suggested" that Tirion should go on a traveling missionary journey. Preferably far from the duchy. Tirion eventually ended up in the Free City of Greyhawk when the depredations of the Slave Lords were at their height, and was recruited to accompany the adventurers in their expedition.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Personality]

Tirion is dedicated to justice and protecting those in need. He feels strongly that his obligation as a member of the nobility is to the benefit of the people to whom he is responsible. Compassionate, he can also work up a righteous anger toward injustice. He is constantly seeking to live up to the example of his dead parents, to be seen worthy of being the son of such heroes. He has recently been plagued by torn loyalties. He respects the lawful authority of Duke Maledict, but feels the man unfairly stole the throne from the rightful heir, Tirion’s cousin Rex. And he is torn by the secret affair he had with Catrin, Rex’s estranged wife, and his feelings now that Rex has returned to her in the forests of their home in his rebellion against his uncle. He longs to return home to aid Rex, but fears his presence may complicate things, for Rex, for Catrin, and for his church.
[/sblock]

Remove ads