Saving Throws: Str(+3), Dex(+7)
hp: 48/48
AC: 17
Passive Perception: 16

Hit Dice: 5d8
Initiative: +4
Proficiency Bonus: +3
Alignment: CG
Skill Proficiencies: Acrobatics +7, Survival +6, Stealth +7, Insight +6, Perception +6
Tools: Disguise kit, Thieves' tools, Tinker's tools
Darkvision: 60' as dim light
Languages: Common, Elvish

[sblock=Background]
Urchin
Traits: I ask a lot of questions. I sleep with my back to a wall, clutching my possessions.
Ideal: Change is the nature of things.
Flaw: Its not stealing if I need it more than someone else.
Bond: I owe my survival to the monks who took me in off the streets.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Abilities]
Fey Ancestry: adv charms, immune sleep
Mask of the Wild: hide when lightly obscured by weather
City Secrets: Fast out of combat city travel
Unarmored Defense: AC 17
Martial arts: When Attack, make one unarmed strike as bonus action
Ki:5 (short rest) bonus for two extra unarmed or Dodge/Dash/Disengage
Deflect Missiles: Reaction to reduce damage by 1d10+9
Radiant Sun Bolt: 1 Ki, bonus action for two additional attacks
Extra Attack
Stunning Strike
[/sblock]

[sblock=Attacks]
Quarterstaff:+7, 1d8+4 (versatile)
Unarmed Strike:+7, 1d6+4
Radiant Sun Bolt:+7, 1d6+4 radiant
[/sblock]

[sblock=Equipment]Quarterstaff, dungeoneers pack, set of common clothes, sling, thieves tools, 5 sp
, 2 healing potions, Amulet of Health[/sblock]

[sblock=Description & Background] A unassuming elf who often hides his face and ears with the hood of his cloak, Ilphelkiir looks like a common peasant.
sqoxah.jpg

Image by http://garylaibart.deviantart.com/

When Ilvellios was a young elf in the Misty Forest, his little home village was wiped out by the green dragon Mornaugauth, with only a handful of survivors. He wandered the countryside and cities for some time, slowly growing to maturity as he tried to find his place in the world, before being taken in by an order of monks who saw his potential.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

TallIan

Explorer
[MENTION=33284]Yavathol[/MENTION], a quick glance at your char looks ok, though we are starting at level 3 and you get 200GP plus normal starting gear.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Yavathol

Explorer
Ok, that should be updated now:) Pretty straightforward, though I'm sure I'll be glad of the Sun Bolts ability and healing potions!

I'll start in the cavern please TallIan, I remember reading the initial posts before the crash..

TallIan

Explorer
VEREK CHALDEAN
Human Paladin 3 (Hermit Background) | Chaotic Good
Faction: Emerald Enclave

Ability Scores

STR 16 (+3) | DEX 10 (+0) | CON 13 (+1) | INT 8 (-1) | WIS 12 (+1) | CHA 15 (+2)

Saves, Skills, and Proficiencies

Saves - WIS +3 | CHA +4
Trained Skills: Athletics +5, Insight +3, Medicine +3, Perception +3, Religion +1
Other Proficiencies - Armor: All, Weapons: All Martial and Simple, Languages: Common, Elven, and Sylvan, Tools: Herbalism Kit

Combat

AC: 17 | Max HP: 25 | Hit Dice: 3, Spent: 0 | Death Saves: Success: 0, Fail: 0
Attack - Greatsword: Attack +5, Dmg 2d6+3 Slashing, Melee Reach 5ft
Attack - Lt Crossbow: Attack +2, Dmg 1d8 Piercing, Range 80/320

Race and Class Features

Speed: 30ft
Divine Sense: As an action, Verek can open his awareness to detect the presence of good and evil beings of power. Until the end of his next turn, Verek knows the location of any celestial, fiend, or undead within 60 ft that is not behind total cover. Verek knows the type of creature, but not its identity. Within the same radius, Verek can also detect consecrated or desecrated places. This is usable up to 3 times and resets after a long rest.
Lay on Hands: Verek has a pool of healing power that replenishes when he takes a long rest. This pool is 15 hit points. As an action, Verek can touch a creature and draw power from this pool to restore a number of hit points to the creature. Verek can spend 5 hit points from this pool to cure the target of one disease or neutralize a poison. This has no effect on undead or constructs.
Fighting Style – Great Weapon: When Verek rolls a 1 or 2 on a damage die for an attack he makes with a melee weapon he wields with two hands, he can reroll the die and must use the second roll. The weapon must have the two-handed or versatile property for Verek to gain this benefit.
Spellcasting: Verek may prepare up to 4 spells. These must be of a level he can cast. Verek has 2 x 1st level spell slots. His spellcasting ability is Charisma. His Spell Save DC is 12 and his Spell Attack Modifier is +4. He can use a holy symbol as a spellcasting focus. His Oath Spells are Ensnaring Strike and Speak with Animals.
Divine Smite: When he hits a creature with a melee weapon attack, Verek can expend a spell slot to deal radiant damage to the target, in addition to the attack’s normal damage. The extra damage is 2d8 for a 1st level slot and 1d8 for each spell level higher than 1st, to a maximum of 5d8. The damage increases by 1d8 if the target is an undead or fiend.
Divine Health: Verek is immune to diseases.
Sacred Oath – Oath of the Ancients: Verek has sworn an oath to the ancient spirits of the natural world. In this capacity, he must follow these tenets.
•Kindle the Light: Through his own acts of mercy, kindness, and forgiveness, Verek must kindle the light of hope.
•Shelter the Light: Verek must stand against the wickedness in the world that would destroy good, beauty, love, and laughter. Where life flourishes, Verek must stand against the forces that would render it barren.
•Preserve your own Light: Verek must delight in song and laughter, in beauty and art. He cannot allow the light to die in his own heart.
•Be the Light: Verek must be a glorious beacon for all who live in despair. His light of joy and courage must shine forth in all of his deeds.

Channel Divinity: Verek has two Channel Divinity options – Nature’s Wrath and Turn the Faithless. This feature resets after any rest.
•Nature’s Wrath: As an action, Verek can cause spectral vines to reach for a creature within 10ft of him that he can see. The creature must succeed on a Str or Dex save or be restrained. While restrained, the creature gets a new save at the end of its turn. On a success, the creature is freed and the vines vanish.
•Turn the Faithless: As an action, Verek presents his holy symbol and each fey or fiend within 30ft must make a Wis save. On a failure, the creature is turned for 1 minute or until it takes damage. A turned creature must spend its turn trying to move away from Verek and it can’t willingly move to a space within 30ft of him. For its action, the turned creature can only use the Dash action or try to escape from an effect that prevents it from moving. If the creature’s true form was concealed, that form is revealed when turned.

Background Features

Life of Seclusion: Verek needed to commune with nature, far from human civilization.
Feature – Discovery: Through time spent in seclusion, Verek has learned some great secret of the cosmos, the deities, the outer planes, or forces of nature. (Need to work with the DM to determine what this is and how it impacts the game)

Feats

Great Weapon Master: On Verek’s turn, when he scores a critical hit with a melee weapon or reduces a creature to 0 hit points with one, he can make one melee weapon attack as a bonus action. Before he makes an attack with a heavy weapon, Verek can choose to take a -5 penalty to the attack roll. If the attack hits, Verek adds +10 to the attack’s damage.

Equipment

Magic Items: None
Mundane Items
Wealth: Coins – 0pp, 45gp, 9sp, 10cp
Items – Splint Mail, Greatsword, Lt. Crossbow, 20 Bolts, Dungeoneer’s Pack (Backpack, Crowbar, Hammer, 10 Pitons, 10 Torches, Tinderbox, 10 Days of Rations, Waterskin, 50ft of Hempen Rope), Grappling Hook, Bedroll, Hooded Lantern, 5 Flasks of Oil, 10 Iron Spikes, Herbalism Kit, Pendant Symbol of a Blue Unicorn (Mielikki).
Mount – Donkey (Riding Saddle, Saddlebags, Bit & Bridle, 10 Days’ Feed)

Characteristics and Personal Details

Personality Trait – Empathy: Verek has tremendous empathy for all who suffer.
Ideal – Greater Good: Verek believes that his gifts are meant to be shared to further good causes, not used for his personal benefit.
Bond – Enlightenment: Verek still pursues enlightenment on the portentous dreams he’s had. He needs answers.
Flaw – Curiosity: Verek would risk much to uncover hidden knowledge.

Age: 35 | Height: 6’4” | Weight: 240lbs | Hair: Platinum Blond | Eyes: Blue

Verek worships Mielikki, the goddess of autumn, druids, dryads, forests, forest creatures, and rangers.
He is a member of the Shadoweirs. This group serves as a type of religious knighthood of the woods. Members are activist and proselytize with zeal, and are willing to go on the offensive on behalf of their sacred forests. They seek to advance the regrowth of ancient forests reduced by civilization, and to halt the endless assault of civilization on their ancient homeland.

TallIan

Explorer
Snikkelfritz Stonefist

Race: Svirfneblin
Class: Monk 3
Alignment: CG
Background: Guild Artisan(Cook's Guild)
STR: 12(+1)
DEX: 16(+3) [15+1R]
CON: 13(+1)
INT: 10(+/-0) [8+2R]
WIS: 14(+2)
CHA: 10(+/-0)
AC: 15
Initiative:+3
Speed: 35ft.(25/armor)
HP: 21
Hit Dice: 3d8
Proficiency Bonus: +2
Passive Perception: 10
Ki Points: 3
Ki Save DC: 12

SAVES:
STR: +3 DEX: +5
CON: +1 INT: +/-0
WIS: +2 CHA: +/-0

COMBAT:

Unarmed Strike: +5 to hit, 1d4+3 damage

Shortsword(Monk Weapon): +5 to hit, 1d6+3 damage, finesse

Dart(Thrown): +5 to hit, 1d4+3 damage, range 20/60, finesse

LANGUAGES/PROFICIENCIES:

Languages: Common, Gnomish, Dwarvish, Undercommon
Armor: None
Weapons: Simple Weapons, Shortswords
Tools: Jeweler's Tools, Cook's Utensils
Skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Insight, Persuasion
Saving Throws: Strength, Dexterity

EQUIPMENT:

Shortsword, Darts(10), Torches(10), Hemp Rope(50ft.), Rations(10), Ball Bearings(bag of 1,000), Caltrops(bag of 20), Cook's Utensils, Iron Spikes(10), Vials(2), Crowbar, Hammer, Backpack, Iron Pot, Bedroll, Mess Kit, Tinderbox, Waterskin, Letter of Introduction to Cook's Guild, Traveler's Clothes, 130gp

TRAITS/FEATURES:

Superior Darkvision, Gnome Cunning, Stone Camouflage, Unarmored Defense, Martial Arts, Ki, Unarmored Movement, Deflect Missiles, Monastic Tradition(Way of the Open Hand), Guild Membership(Cook's Guild)

MONASTIC TRADITION:

-Way of the Open Hand-
Open Hand Technique: Impose one of the following effects when hitting with FoB:
---DEX Save or knocked prone
---STR Save or pushed back 15ft.
---No Reactions until my next turn

KI FEATURES:

Flurry of Blows(1Ki), Patient Defense(1Ki), Step of the Wind(1Ki)

MOUNT:

--Type: Mastiff
--Saddle: Riding
--Barding: Leather

BACKGROUND:

--Personality Trait: I'm proud of what I've become- I've come from slavery to succeed and perhaps even surpass my master.
--Ideal: Freedom
--Bond: I owe my guild a great debt for forging me into the person I am today.
--Flaw: I'm quick to anger at any criticism, especially criticism of my master's work or teachings

BACKSTORY:

When he was barely an adult Snikkelfritz's village was raided by Drow slavers, and those who were not captured, were killed. Somehow these Drow managed to sell their slaves to buyers on the surface, and one such buyer was a Dwarf named Baldric Stonefist, who bought Snikkelfritz, and many other slaves as well, putting them to work in various taverns he helped keep running, as cooks, servers, and other help.
Snikkelfritz was different though, Baldric saw something special in the deep gnome, and he pulled Snik from his work after only a couple days, bringing him to his own home, where he taught Snik the art of cooking himself, helping him secure membership in the Guild.
Baldric taught Snik much more than culinary arts though, as Baldric had selected Snik for a reason, to be the sole recipient of his Martial Arts techniques. The two spent many years training together before Snik truly started to master 'The Way of the Stonefist', as Baldric called it, and yet even more years to come close to the skill of his master, when one day, Baldric grew very sick.
Baldric lay on his deathbed when he told Snik he was no longer the Svirfneblin he had once bought from the Drow in secret, but much more than that now. Baldric took him as his heir, giving him the Stonefist name to carry on, as well as the the knowledge of his ultimate move, the only one left for Snik to finally match his master's level of skill.
The legendary 'Earthshattering Blow' his master had always spoke of, but Snik had never thought to be true. It was true though, and now all Snik must do is locate the other 2 scrolls, as Baldric left him the first of the three when he died.

TallIan

Explorer
Julius Vahn ♂ Half-Elf Know-It-All

Class/Level Breakdown

1: Rogue
2: Knowledge Cleric
3: Warlock of Ghaunadaur

Stat Block

HP:21
AC: 18
Init: 2
Str 10 Dex 14 Con 12
Int 12 Wis 14 Cha 16

Proficiencies

Armor

Light and Medium Armor, shields

Languages

Common, Elven, Dwarven, Sylvan, Infernal

Weapons

Simple weapons, hand crossbows, long-swords, rapiers, shorts swords

Saving Throws

Dexterity, Intelligence

Tools

Thieves’ Tools, Three-Dragon Ante

Ability Check

Athletics 0
Acrobatics 4
Sleight of hand 4
Stealth 4
E.Arcana 5
E.History 5
Investigation 1
Nature 1
Religion 1
Animal handling 2
Insight 4
Medicine 2
E.Perception 6
Survival 2
Deception 5
Intimidation 3
Performance 5
E.Persuasion 7

Spells

Cleric Spells

0: Guidance, Sacred Flame, Spare the Dying
1: Bless, Healing Word, Detect Magic, Shield of Faith, Identify

Warlock Spells

0: Eldritch Blast, Green-Flame Blade
1: Hex, Comprehend Languages

Abilities

Sneak attack 1d6
Thieves’ Cant
Awakened Mind

Equipment

Worn

Fine Breastplate
Rapier
Buckler (Re-skin)
Hand Crossbow
Quiver w/ 20 bolts
2 daggers
Signet Ring
Pouch w/ 25gp

Backpack

Scroll of Pedigree
Bedroll
Mess Kit
Tinder Box
10 Rations
Waterskin
50ft Silk Rope
Thieves’ tools
Three-dragon Ante Set

Background

Julius Vahn, or J.V. for short has a history of sticking his nose where it doesn't belong and rubbing everybody the wrong way in the process. Fortunately being a Noble gives you some leeway with the authorities.

Last

TallIan

Explorer
Nariah Fairgrove
Half-elf Warlock 3
Folk Hero/Charlatan AL CG
Str 8 Dex 14 Con 11 Int 14 Wis 14 Cha 16

Background

My sister and I were inseperable. We worked for our father, a human merchant who ran a little farmer’s market. I was the one who did the selling, she kept things organized and good looking. It was a provincial little life, but we were happy. My mother, I never met. She met my father in our local inn as she was travelling through. She returned 9 months later with two bundles and a sack of gold. My father used that money to provide a good life for us, then left it and the business to us when he passed away.

The Harald came into our lives. A silver-tongued bard named Harald Grayspear Set up shop in our town. My sister was smitten. Unfortunately, he was a villian. He used my sister to get access to the gold, and killed her and burned down our home when she tried to stop him.

I was grief stricken. I ran into the woods screaming. I wanted him to PAY. I called out for help, stumbling through the woods, not noticing the faerie ring that brought me to HER. The most beautiful and terrible thing I have seen, I can’t describe the presence. She offered me power beyond imagining if I used it to help women in need. She promised me one day I would kill Harald Grayspear. Then she returned me to the world. It was months later, our home and business were rebuilt by a newcomer, I had nowhere to turn. I made my way through the world conning and thieving. I learned to survive. And I helped women.

She came to me in dreams, teaching me power beyond imagining. I learned to do so much more than other mortals. I was touched by her presence, I scoured Faerun, helping those who needed it, stealing from those who could afford it. My reputation grew. And I sought after Harald. He calls himself Windharrow now, supposedly. Rumors put him in the Dessarin Valley, that’s where I shall be.

Appearance & Personality

Traits: I haven’t truly smiled since my sister died. I’m very good at faking them, however.
Physical power is nothing compared to the wonders of the arcane.
Ideal: Women should be free to be their own person, just as men are. Those in power who disagree must be dealt with.
Bond: Nothing is more important that making Harald Grayspear pay.
Flaw: She trusts women and their stories a lot more than she should.

Hair: Red
Eyes: Green
Skin: Fair
Height: 5’3”
Weight: 110 lbs
Description:
A beautiful half-elf woman, exemplifying the best of both races, Nariah has a coldness to her eyes that betrays the hardened path she has had in life.

Stats

Half-elf Warlock 3
Folk Hero/Charlatan AL CG
Str 8 Dex 14 Con 11 Int 14 Wis 14 Cha 16
27 points 8/14/11/13/13/14 Half Elf +2 Cha, +1 Int, +1 Wis

SKILLS
Acrobatics +2
Animal Handling +2
Arcana +4
Athletics -1
Deception +5
History +2
Insight +4
Intimidation +5
Investigation +2
Medicine +2
Nature +2
Perception +4
Performance +3
Persuasion +5
Religion +2
Sleight of Hand +2
Stealth +2
Survival +2

PROFICIENCIES
Armor: Light Armor
Weapons: Simple Weapons
Tools: Disguise Kit, Forgery Kit
Languages: Common, Elven, Sylvan

COMBAT
Init: +2
AC: 14
HP: 18/18
Hit Dice: 3d8
Speed 30
Size Medium
Passive perception 14

CLASS FEATURES / FEATS
Spellcasting
Race:
Fey Ancestry: You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can’t put you to sleep.
Background Feature: Rustic Hospitality
Since you come from the ranks of the common folk, you fit in among them with ease. You can find a place to hide, rest, or recuperate among other commoners, unless you have shown yourself to be a danger to them. They will shield you from the law or anyone else searching for you, though they will not risk
their lives for you.
Class: Archfey Patron
Fey Presence: As an action, you can cause each creature in a 10-foot cube originating from you to make a Wisdom saving throw against your warlock spell save DC. The creatures that fail their saving throws are all charmed or frightened by you (your choice) until the end of your next turn.(Short/Long Rest)
Class: Pact Boon
Pact of the Tome: Book of Shadows
*Three bonus cantrips from any class.

SPELLCASTING
Spell save DC 13
Spell attack modifier +5

Pact Magic: 2 Level 2 Slots

Cantrips: (2+3)
Eldritch Blast, Sleep
*Vicious Mockery, Guidance, Mending
Pact Magic: (4)
Hold Person, Suggestion, Hex, Faerie Fire