D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Storm King's Thunder: Triboar

Yavathol

Explorer
OOC: Ok, Thanks:)
One other thing I've been wondering with this map, if someone wants to climb the fence, is that like 20' of your movement? And is an athletics check needed please?

Creamsteak

Explorer
The specific wall is ten feet up on raised ground and the fence itself is ten feet high. Relatively low athletics DC to climb. Climbing for most characters costs twice as much movement. I figure the giants are tall enough some things could target them while they're standing at attention, though the one digging is not vulnerable as such at the moment, just the one hypnotized. Nothing else is readily targeted until you at least get up the ten foot hill.

Yavathol

Explorer
Narth Tezrin

In the darkness, Narth grits his teeth and slowly moves his burnt limbs, instinctively trying to find a more comfortable position. His left hand still grips his hand crossbow, but the fight has gone out of him. "Ugh, that's really painful! I'm going to have to pull back to the tower, I think, maybe give you all some long distance support! Darathra, how badly are you hurt? Are you going to fall back too?"

After getting an answer from Darathra, he turns and runs south, using the edge of the mound/fence to guide himself.

OOC:
Narth has about 4 hp left, I think. Probably better to save any healing spells for the PCs, what do you others think? I'm a bit concerned about the remaining mounted orc picking him off, some backup would be appreciated please!

Action: Dash
Bonus Action: Dash
Move: combined movement I think can get him to CX158, where he can hopefully use the cover of the tower to hide from that remaining orc on axe-beak.

Creamsteak

Explorer
[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] you are up I believe.

Narth falls back.

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    474.2 KB · Views: 167

Shayuri

First Post
Dark...dark dark, it was dark.

"Dangit," she said, "Would you turn that spell off? It's really making things difficult!"

She hurried to the north, picking her steps carefully until she emerged back into daylight and could see the giants...one was still frozen, transfixed by sights only he could see. His partner was still digging. Those big, burly orc-like things were moving towards them.

Ilshana lifted her hands...then paused. If they were all going to work on the same thing...

Maybe just a moment longer.

(Move to DC135 and hold action to cast a spell when all the orogs are closer to the giants.)

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: I'm pretty sure in this edition readying an action is hyper limited, and you can't see the enemies that well from that position as there is a 10 foot gradient and then a bit of a fence. Presuming it's a hypnotic pattern that might still work given it's size and ability to be targeted above them.

Maighan moves and readies. Orogs move into defensive positions. One moves forward and uses an action to wake the sleeping giant. The other giant digs. The orc rider watches.

Here's the map for how it's moved around. That giant looks like he only needs two more rounds to excavate whatever archaeological thing he's after.

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    356.8 KB · Views: 180

GreenKarl

First Post
Uric curses under his breath about the darkness and uses the wall the feel his way south. Once out of the darkness he keeps moving around the wall, listening to the giants and other marauders...

OOC: Uric will try and move along the wall south to D146. If he makes it, he will take the Dash Action to move to DF151 as he does not want to just run into the open gate, wants to see what's in there first.

Othovir keeps Dashing

Creamsteak

Explorer
Uric sees a chicken rider.

Hey there's Othovir!

One readied actions and three PC actions and two NPC actions remaining.

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    387.5 KB · Views: 196

Yavathol

Explorer

"I can try and delay their escape from the north, if you others want to approach from the south!" Gul rooted around and pulled out a healing potion, quaffing it down as he moved away from the group. Instantly the potion made him feel better, the burns from the Magmin explosions starting to heal.

OOC:

Note: Gul will cast Shield with a warlock slot as a reaction if he is hit by an attack (+5 to AC)
Action: drink healing potion [roll0]
Move: di134
Sorry if this blocks your view, Shayuri!

[sblock=status]Gul hp 12+roll/30 Temp.hp 0

Str +0 Dex +2, Con +1, Int +3, Wis +0(+3 Saves), Cha +2(+5 Saves)

Arcana +6, Religion +6, Investigation +6, Stealth +5 (disadvantage), Survival +3, Concentration +1

AC 18

Inspiration: no
Concentrating: Darkness

Spells/day: 3/4 1/2

Pact Magic(1st): 1/2

HD: 3d6+2d8/3d6+2d8

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...ng-s-Thunder&p=6897185&viewfull=1#post6897185
[/sblock]

Yavathol

Explorer
Narth Tezrin

Narth ran into the tower as fast as his scorched lungs allowed, labouriously climbed the stairs until he emerged at the top. Looking to the north, he could see the invaders moving around in the field, and took careful aim at the nearest, the mounted orc.

OOC:
Not sure if I would have to dash with my action, depends how tall the tower is..
Move and bonus action: enter & climb stairs
Action, if allowed, hand crossbow at disadvantage because of range!
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Remove ads