Realmsian Dragonstar: The Battle of Toril PbP Game [OOC] (Game Cancelled)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Another reply coming up, but I want to give KainG a chance to have Emiko respond. FYI, she knows that "Rebel Three" is a man named Caranarth and that Solar Prime is the code name for Commander Davis Madden, the leader of the Freedom League.

Caranarth is a a member of an elite fighting force known as the Soldiers of Freedom. Emiko finds it odd that the man is on a Freedom League channel. The Solders of Freedom aren't formal members of the League. They are respected but they are part of a clandestine rebel council called the Arcanum. Emiko would need to make a Knowledge check to remember more about the Arcanum, and the DC is very high.

The near legendary leader of the Soldiers of Freedom is a half-dragon known only as 'Arassil'. She and her soldiers fought on the world of Breka before it was destroyed by the pirates of the Dragon Brigade, which is lead by an infamous being known as Thul Gulokas. Many of her soldiers died on Breka.

KainG

Explorer
I don't think Emiko has any applicable knowledge, but here's a d20 roll just in case:
[1d20] = 15 + any applicable skill bonus.

Here's one for Yin Hun as well:
[1d20] = 12
but he doesn't have any ranks in knowledge, so probably a bust.

Edit: Does Yin Hun already have a designated callsign?

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I don't think Emiko has any applicable knowledge, but here's a d20 roll just in case:
[1d20] = 15 + any applicable skill bonus.
Emiko does have the Research skill (at +7) and access to her datapad (adds +2) with whatever standard software is on it. Plus, since Toril doesn't have an InfoNet, she has a -4 circumstance penalty on her roll. That would be a total of 20.

The description for the datapad in the SFH is a little vague on how much it comes with. We'll assume a standard datapad comes with basic networking access software and typical software suites that would come on a computer or tablet in our modern age. Plus, since she knew she was going into hostile territory, she'd have basic details on Toril and it's star system, as well as some encrypted data on this region of space (the Aegis Sector). I doubt very much she would have a detailed database on who's who in the Freedom League. If that info fell into the wrong hands, it could be disastrous.

Still, a roll of 20 should give you something about the rest of the Solders of Freedom, if not the Arcanum itself. Arassil's callsign is Rebel One, of course. She is a silver half-dragon. Rebel Two is mysterious figure on her team. His name isn't known as he is an infiltrator and rarely fights alongside the others. Rebel Five and and Six are two brothers known as Bakner and Samuall. Emiko doesn't know their last name. There is also Rebel Eight who is named either Marta or Marda. Rebel Four, Seven, and Nine died on Breka. Rebel Four was a halfing nicknamed 'Carboncopy'. She doesn't have any details on the other two.

The reason these names are know is because the Soldiers of Freedom are famous in the Outlands. Not all of the personal names are known, but Arassil, Caranarth, and the two brothers are all wanted by the Dragon Empire. There are rewards for their capture so and Imperial word often shows the latest crimes they've committed on public vid-screens and electronic billboards. Amongst other freedom fighter, they are seen as legends. Carboncopy was one of those famous rebels too, before he died. Rebel Two is wanted as well, but the empire gave him the nickname of Bloody Jack, to make him sound more menacing.

As for the Arcanum, all she has on the group is that in is considered an important behind-the-scenes power group in the Aegis Sector. Wild speculation has them as radicals that wish to topple the Dragon Empire or as a cabal of deadly wizards that have some dark purpose. However, most of these rumors are likely just propaganda put out by the Dragon Empire.

Here's one for Yin Hun as well:
[1d20] = 12
but he doesn't have any ranks in knowledge, so probably a bust.
You're right, he doesn't really have anything that would apply.

Edit: Does Yin Hun already have a designated callsign?
I haven't given him one, so you can pick one for him, if you like.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
FYI, I've been struggling this week. We're getting more smoke blowing in from the forest fires in B.C. I've had to suffer with the windows shut for several days. The air quality forecast for tomorrow is supposed to be better so 'fingers crossed'.

Tonight might be productive in the storm they forecast hits and blows away the smoke, but I have my doubts. It was supposed to have arrived already. :(

KainG

Explorer
Does Emiko know the code to initiate a communication or is it the same as the other one?

For Yin Hun's callsign, I'll go with "Ghost Six".

Remove ads