The Untamed Wilds: Caravan Campaign

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
After realizing that there are no more ores or minerals to be found, Merin sighs, and says:

"We really need to explore the mountain regions. Let's find this so-called Haunted Tree, and put its legend to rest, so that we can deal with more important things."

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Sheldon Offers Some Levity

"We really need to explore the mountain regions. Let's find this so-called Haunted Tree, and put its legend to rest, so that we can deal with more important things."
Sheldon -
Do not be discouraged, my friend. This ridge line, here, is indicative of a change in elevation. Though we are not leaving the forest this time but continuing with it in a more northerly direction, perhaps we will, yet, find the ores more plentiful. I think we should, again, start looking for the carbone and pietrazulfo, too.

We have never traveled this direction. I have hope

MacConnell

Day 40: Hunting for the Haunted Tree, Day 5

Due to the presence of the ridge line that has created the small falls in the stream, the party diverts its path in a more northerly direction looking for a suitable place for the pack animals to climb the rise. Before even finding a suitable place to climb, the party comes upon a herd of deer, and being all together, are able to fell 3 of them. This causes a necessary alteration in the day's schedule in order to allow for time to prepare the meat and hides.
OOC: Deer 1: 82 Bricks of Venison: Hide 40%
Deer 2: 62 Bricks of Venison: Hide 30%
Deer 3: 73 Bricks of Venison: Hide 30%

With 7 people able to help prepare the game, the process goes much faster. Once the hides are removed and set aside, 3 different cook fires are made, each to tend a separate deer. Turtle could not be happier with all the excess food and Bolo has to intefer in order to keep him from eating so much that he will sleep through the rest of the day. She also prepares the vitals from 2 of the deer for Turtle to eat at a later time. As it is nearing on about noon time, the pack animals that have been free to forage, return to stand near the group acting very nervous. This, of course, readily peaks the attention of all the Seekers, who stand from their tasks to scan the area. Pacing gracefully at a respectful distance is an unexpected guest.
lynx (1).jpg

GM: This is a normal sized lynx. State any general intentions.

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Since it is not a threat, San-Bolo see no need to fight it. Bolo attempts to send a message of peace with way but nothing more.

Turtle tromps over to investigate. Maybe the kitty wants to play.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin's curiosity is peaked by the Lynx. 'Let's see if we can acquire a playmate for Turtle."

Merin seems very serious. He walks a few paces toward the Lynx, and sits down, cross-legged. He closes his eyes in meditation, as he reaches out with The Way, repeating Sannit's message of peace, but adding a message of friendship, and sending out a kind of "pride / pack" invitation, and feelings of acceptance and hospitality.

OOC:
Basically, Merin wants to befriend the Lynx in the same manner that Bolo befriended Turtle.

Tor simply watches, with a look of fascination.

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Saemund walks over to Sheldon with a smirk on his face. Leans over and whispers. I'll bet you half my dinner Merin comes away with more than a little scratch.

MacConnell

Here, Kitty, Kitty

OOC: Turtle tromps over to investigate. Maybe the kitty wants to play.

Merin's curiosity is peaked by the Lynx. 'Let's see if we can acquire a playmate for Turtle."
Merin wants to befriend the Lynx in the same manner that Bolo befriended Turtle.
GM: Upon hearing Merin's words, Bolo mentally signals for Turtle to wait.

Turtle bounces toward the cat in a playful manner. The cat hunkers down apparently unsure of its desired action toward the bear. Turtle after two bounces, stops and sits on his haunches looking back over his shoulder toward Bolo. He looks the other way to see Merin sit down near him and close his eyes. Merin does not have to be especially close to affect the animal and stays just far enough to not provoke it to action.
[sblock=Animal Friendship]Range = Cohesion + Will = 10 paces (~60')
Essence + Mind +Cohesion + Knowledge + Will + Collegiate + Aberrative
Merin = 53 + 65 = 118
Lynx = 14 + 51: = 65: fail
Charm = 118 - 65 = 53% * 10 = 5
Mind = 4 - 5 = -1: Charmed
Time = Loss / (Persona + Will + Cohesion) = 5 / (0 + 1 + 1) = 2.5 minutes[/sblock]
The lynx, which is a young male, lifts from its crouches position to stare at the seated person, swaying back and forth a few times as an intelligent animal is wont to do when confused. The cat suddenly trots over to Merin as if he were one of his own kind and begins to rub his head on the seated man's shoulder.

GM: NOTE: This effect must be repeated several more times and reinforced with friendly behavior, like feeding the cat. Merin, of course, would understand this instinctively.

Merin stands petting his new friend and leading him toward the others. He turns to Turtle and tries to explain.
He is not ready to play with you yet. He will take some training first.

Last edited:

MacConnell

Day 40: A Delay in Progress

Bolo calls Turtle to her and congratulates Merin on his success. Merin feels a bit abashed but asks her for some of the vitals she had prepared for Turtle. As is her nature, she gladly gives some over, also offering advice on how to proceed.

Bolo and Turtle work with Merin and the lynx a bit.

Sheldon nudges Saemund.
I should have taken that bet. If I eat more food, do you think I will ever be as tall as you?

The rest of the day is spent preparing the deer and their hides. One day's delay seems insignificant in course of things. Everyone takes turns watching the fires, prepping the hides, and working with the pack animals to adjust them to the lynx.

GM: Merin's character sheet has been updated to reflect information on the lynx.

Last edited:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Saemund is amazed, he looks at Sheldon and shrugs, huh, Imagine that, I've heard stories but never seen that happen. Here I thought Bolo brought up turtle from a wee cub. Well done Merin

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases