The Untamed Wilds: Caravan Campaign

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Sannit nods his head to Saemund and replies, "Not odd at all. Training is always good, and not just with the Way. As we help others to grow so too do we grow ourselves. You can also show the townsfolk about your styles with combat and fitness. You have just as much potential as any of us to be a leader and mentor in Southroad Fair. I myself am following the same path that Sheldon is, although I have not reached his level yet."

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Tor says to Saemund, "You and I should spend time sparring together. The more often, the better. Both of us are up-front melee fighters, so it does us good to keep in practice."

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 84: Concluding Town Business

GM: Martello, the Blacksmith:
All previously contracted armor and weaponry has been completed. Sheldon also requested 2 miner's picks thinking that the Seekers could use them to collected small veins of ore themselves hiring out for the larger lodes, leaving 3900 clams of credit with the smith.

Maeli, the Herbalist:
All salable trinkets and collected beetle carcasses were traded, increasing the available town credit to 565 clams.

GM: Day 76: Construction began on the Southroad Seekers Guild House. 500 ingots of iron were retrieved from holding with Martello, the Blacksmith, and traded to Clavo for the next due 2500 clam installment.

Last edited:

MacConnell

Day 84: Paranormal Tasks and Mundane Activity

Having found time almost each day to work with the newly discovered town people, considerable progress was made with initiating instruction for manipulating way, to the degree that Lyndha and Maeli agreed to continue the work during any of the Seekers' absences, thereby forming a local secret society for Benders.

Verden is almost condescending, at first being about twice Sannit's age. He is aware of his gift and had been using it to find pine vine fruit for making wine. He quickly lost any adverse attitude after discovering the greater potential of possibilities he was neglecting.

Olivia and Pernapido show diverse talent but a quick uptake on learning. Sapona seems to be particularly tuned to kinetics and Merin is sent to work with her more often.

GM: After spending the remainder of the rainy season interacting with the town folk, the following people were determined to have greater skill in manipulating way than that of the Seekers, though only Passaro has any real talent for paranormal combat.
  • Lyndha
  • Maeli
  • Alba
  • Passaro
Former Seekers still residing in town:
  • Galen
  • Siofra
  • Aust
  • Revan

GM: Due to persistent activities, the following awards have been recorded to characters:
  • Sheldon increases Will and Persona.
  • Tor increases Strength and Knowledge.
  • Merin increases Knowledge and Persona.
  • Myth increases Body and Essence.
  • Indigo increases Motility and Persona.
  • Sannit increases Persona and Collegiate.
  • Bolo increases Persona and Commercial.
  • Turtle increases Knowledge and Strength.
  • Saemund increases Knowledge and Collegiate

GM: Merin now has Combat: 10 and needs to decide on a Novice Skill of Melee, Projectile, or Weaponless.

Sannit now has Collegiate: 10 and needs to decide on a Novice Skill of Aberrative, Academic, Theologic, or Divination.

Turtle increase in Knowledge conveys an increase Commercial or Combat.

All other increases have been fully accounted.

Last edited:

MacConnell

Day 84: The Last Drop of Rain

GM: Day 76 or so, Remembering Back:

Sometime toward the end of the rainy season, the Tobacco Caravan arrived from Boga City bringing with it strange and interesting news. A few days back, the caravan had sent a hunting party into the corn fields for game. The hunters had come in contact with a party of Mhytres. The Mhytres were likely a clan of Maldrog but no communication was exchanged, neither did any conflict arise. The oddest part of the encounter was the description of their gear. Never before had any caravan member seen so much metal.

The Mhytres had heavy weapons and plates of metal covering parts of their body, as well as decorative helmets. The caravan hunters could only stare, open-mouthed. The Mhytres had stood silently for a moment, assessing the hunters' possible intent, then nodded and walked away back toward the east, toward the mountains.

The morning is bright and fair as the Seekers were gathering their supplies and fitting their pack animals for departure when news of tragedy comes to them by runner. Sometime during the night Martello, the Blacksmith, had been murdered. No notable stranger had been seen about town. No alarm had indicated such an event during the night, but a single mark of the Ansylin Assassins' Guild was left on the dead man's chest.

Assembling the leaders of the town and all the Seekers at the Boar's Head Tavern, discussion ensues of possible action. A surprising voice of reason comes from the normally silent and unreadable Clavo, the Head of the Carpenters Guild.

"Similar to Giodavi, I was once a ranking member of the Magistry Marshals. I understand the gravity of war. We have just over 100 members of this community. The Marshals alone are a 1000 trained soldiers. If I thought it would make a difference, I would take my axe, march into Asylim, and start carving them down. I'd bet I could still carve through a dozen of them before they filled me with enough arrows to bring me down, but that would draw no more than a yawn from the man we all suspect is behind this.

We do not have an army; and even so, making war wastes so many lives. We need to think differently. We might be able to strike at his income somehow, but we need to replace our smith. The Tobacco Caravan spoke of seeing metal clad Mhytres, and you Seekers even met a group that came to us and traded. I have heard rumors of Mhytres' skill since I was a child. Legend has it that a collective community exists in the mountains to the northeast. If we could establish a direct trade, I can only imagine the benefits
."

GM: This begins ACT II, which is located at the following link: TUW The Steel Trade

Last edited:

Remove ads