The Untamed Wilds: Caravan Campaign

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
"So, Sheldon, which rumor sounds the most enticing to you? I'd really like to see this haunted tree for myself."
80b67a1c0d661358fb3e3f3f15b45ba8.jpg

Sheldon thinks to himself for a moment and rubs his chin.

"To be honest, this haunted tree sound incredibly intriguing; but to be practical, we may be a bit out of our depth on that one, yet. If we look into the simpler problem to the west with the hostile tribesmen attacking hunters,we should be able to readily eliminate that problem which should also engender us further good will with the people of the community."

"Let's head on to the Trade Store to wait for the others to see what they have to say."

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Sannit assesses the group and says, "Siofra, since you favor melee combat, why don't you take the other scaled surcoat. Galen you can have the pair of scaled bracers if you like. I don't think they will interfere with anything you want to do, and even a little bit of armor can help save your life. Ok, if anyone has a problem with equipment, let me know."

Are there any pieces we can buy at the shop?

Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

The Trade Store

retreat-in-the-pines-mineola-tx-intimate-wedding.jpeg

San-Bolo, Galen, Siofra, Aust, and Revan arrive to find Sheldon, Indigo, Merin, and Tor already milling about the store. It is a well stocked covering a variety of necessities from general commodities and cured foods to weapons and armor. There are a few others in the store and the proprietor is sitting on a tall stool behind a counter pleasantly humming to herself while knitting.

OOC: General Merchandise
ground corn meal, ground rice meal
dried venison, dried pork, dried pork skin
silk rope, gut string, sisal
water skins
blankets, hammocks
pots, pans, skillets
various tools, utensils

To Purchase Armor: Southroad Fair: Trade Store, Armor
OOC: Armor
Soft Leather Hauberks, Vests, Skirts
Soft Leather Spaulders, Bracers, Gloves
Soft Leather Cuisses, Tassets
Soft Leather Coifs, Skullcaps
Soft Leather Shoes, Boots, Greaves

OOC: Weapons & Shields
Various Knives, Short Swords, Axes, Spears
Various Crossbows, Longbows, Shortbows
Wooden Bucklers, Hide Bucklers
Wooden Small Shields

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
San-Bolo smile and address the proprietor. Items to purchase: leather hauberk, leather jerkin, leather bracers, 2 sets leather leggings, arrows, and a crossbow.

Will attempt to use charm and sympathy about their trials on the road to negotiate the best price.

GM: Point of Note:
The items of armor you are having made are better than any you can purchase here, but the leggings will help since you have nothing to cover that area of the body.

OOC: Types of Crossbows
Single-Hand (200 clams)
Small Levered (300 clams)
Large Levered (400 clams)
Large Cranked (500 clams)

MacConnell

The Trade Store

unnamed.png

The proprietor greets everyone with a warm smile. She is a middle-aged Bajinin who appears to be a mix of Ansylin and Spiofthest, which is quite a rare combination. She seems genuinely pleasant and easy going.

"Greetings young adventurers. Call me Lyndha. I have already heard some word of your deeds and developing prowess. Some are taking to calling you the Dragon Hunters. If that is true, I am impressed. I have never seen a dragon. I also have received the notice that you have 360 in store credit. It is always a pleasure to establish the potential for a lasting business relationship. Feel free to look about the store as you like. We can discuss purchases in bulk or individually, as is your desire."

Lyndha rubs her forehead for a second and then blinks a few times. She lowers her voice and looks straight at Bolo.

"Girl, not everyone you meet is burdened with overt superstition. If you are aware of what you can do, I suggest using it on someone less disposed to actual friendliness. I prefer unmodified forthrightness in my customer dealings."

Back in her normal hawkers voice:

"I am inclined to offer 20 arrows or bolts with the purchase of any bow. Others can be bought separately at 2 clams each or 180 clams for 100."​

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Bolo looks back unperturbed at the gentler older woman as she pushes her hair back to display the ragged scar that runs from the corner of her mouth to her ear. "I trusted the man that gave me this, and turned away from the warnings of my mind. I will not do so again."

Sannit looks genuinely perplexed at the grandiose title. "Dragonhunters? That's the kind of name that will get us the wrong kind of attention." He shares a long look with Bolo, but all she can offer is a shrug.

He strokes his beard and addresses the rest of the group. "I think I was wrong about not picking a name. It seems if we don't label ourselves others will come up with some kind of silly title for us. Howabout the X-Caravaners? Then we can get nifty matching outfits."

Bolo chuckles and playfully punches him on the arm. Sannit grins at her and says, "Of course for you women we will make the tightest, skimpiest outfits possible." He emphasizes the statement with a swat on her rump. She glowers back but a smile tugs at the corners of her mouth.

MacConnell

Galen and Siofra Depart: A Group Name Resurfaces

Sheldon laughs at the camaraderie.

"Sannit your sense of humor gets me every time."

Siofra looks over the displayed weaponry. Galen approaches the discussion, nervously fidgeting with his tunic.

"Siofra and I have been discussing the matter and now seems as good of time as any to brooch the subject. We are grateful for your hospitality and company as we have journeyed northward, but now that we have discovered the friendliness of this place and its potential for growth, as opposed to the dour oppression of Asylim, we have decided to stay."

"Siofra wishes to join with the hunters that provide the meat and hides, and I would like to establish a new post of entertainment setting up here in the Boar's Head. We wish you all well. Happy Hunting."

They depart in fair standing. No hard feeling were even considered. There are always the chance encounters that sometimes last and sometimes do not. After farewells have been shared, Sheldon readdresses the group concerning matter at hand.

"Hmm... A group name. Something Simple, something catchy, something with meaning. All kidding aside, how about Southroad Questors?"

"On a completely separate note. I think I would like that other surcoat we are having made. That spear in the gut has me rethinking my strategy."

Indigo adds, "If no one objects, I would like the bright blue bracers."

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin is Looking for a Bow.

Merin bids Galen and Siofra farewell, and says that he hopes that there can be a reunion, at some future date. Then he turns to Lyndha, and says:

"How much for a bow? I need one that is short, and light, but also one that has a heavy pull. I want a lot of power, at short to medium distance. I don't plan to use it for long range."

Tor takes a look at the weaponry; he is trying to see if any of the longswords look better-made than his. If they are, he will inquire as to their price.

"The word 'Questors' is a mouthful. How about Southroad Searchers? It rolls off the tongue easier." Tor comments.

OOC: Merin is basically asking for a composite short recurve bow. Like so:
Composite Short Bow 001.jpg

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Sannit inspects the crossbows, peering intently at the mechanisms. Nearby Bolo is looking at greaves, holding them up to her shins to test the fit.

"Anything is better than Dragon Hunters," Sannit remarks. "Imagine if you were a dragon and you heard that. You'd want to shank us just on principal." He grins at Tor and says, "What about Southroad Shankers? Gives us a tougher image."

Items to purchase for San-Bolo: leather hauberk, leather jerkin, two sets of greaves, one handcrossbow (with 20 bolts), and fifty arrows
Total: 900 clams (-90 storecredit) = 810 clams

Aust Thale

Adventurer

The proprietor greets everyone with a warm smile. She is a middle-aged Bajinin who appears to be a mix of Ansylin and Spiofthest, which is quite a rare combination. She seems genuinely pleasant and easy going.

"Greetings young adventurers. Call me Lyndha. I have already heard some word of your deeds and developing prowess. Some are taking to calling you the Dragon Hunters. If that is true, I am impressed. I have never seen a dragon. I also have received the notice that you have 360 in store credit. It is always a pleasure to establish the potential for a lasting business relationship. Feel free to look about the store as you like. We can discuss purchases in bulk or individually, as is your desire."

Lyndha rubs her forehead for a second and then blinks a few times. She lowers her voice and looks straight at Bolo.

"Girl, not everyone you meet is burdened with overt superstition. If you are aware of what you can do, I suggest using it on someone less disposed to actual friendliness. I prefer unmodified forthrightness in my customer dealings."

Back in her normal hawkers voice:

"I am inclined to offer 20 arrows or bolts with the purchase of any bow. Others can be bought separately at 2 clams each or 180 clams for 100."​

Revan gracefully leans in to speak with Lyndha, saying quietly but clearly, "I would very much like a better bow than I currently have." She looks to Aust, who looks at the others. Revan continues, "Do we have enough to purchase one?"

Aust has thoughts of his own, particularly about armor. He is fine with his padded armor, but he would very much like to trade up, but not with lizard scales. He would like to see what it would take to purchase a true leather armor, if they have it. If they do, and it's too expensive, he contemplates what he needs to obtain it. If they don't, he asks Lyndha where he might acquire quality leather armor.

Aust and Revan agree with the majority of the party as to their next encounter/adventure. There is strength in numbers.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases