The Untamed Wilds: Caravan Campaign

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Necessities First

"Necessities first," Sannit says as he and Bolo head to the Boar's head for food and a bath.

Sheldon nods in agreement. "Necessities first. Indigo and I will drop off the new hide and meet everyone back at the Boar's Head for a bite after we bathe. I do like that this town has a bathhouse."

Later, when the rest of the party is gathered around a table to discuss their plans, Sannit is his normal, verbose self. "I think we should head back out as soon as possible tomorrow. We can talk to Raven before we leave about the new hide, but we don't have enough currency to order new pieces. Plus, if we hang around too long the townsfolk might think we are stalling completing the quest. I think as soon as we put this matter to rest for them we will earn even more goodwill from this place."

"I couldn't agree more. It will be two more days before our other armor is ready, and Indigo and I are low on funds as well. With another hunting party on the way West, it is even more imperative we solve this dilemma."

Del Sannit said:
For the rest of the evening, San-Bolo will chat with some of the other people at the tavern, including Giovani, telling of the ambushing spiders, which Bolo tolerates with a frown, and the tough lizard. He says nothing of how they quieted the beast with way, claiming instead that they were able to pinpoint their thrusts at the weaker joints to bring the thing down. Of course he shows off some of the trophies to grant credence to their story.

Giodavi who was originally surprised at our quick return conveys his understanding and amazement at the conquering of a second large lizard. "I see by the carapaces you have made into bucklers that you were ambushed by Jeweled Spiders, not an uncommon occurrence. I'm sure Lyndha would gladly trade for the ones you do not wish to use, but looking at this lizard skull, it had to be a real beast. Being from Asylim myself, I have encountered some large lizards in the desert, but nothing as large as this. Rest well. Happy Hunting."

OOC: Meal = 8 clams
Drink = 2 clams
Bath = 2 clams
Bunkhouse = 12 clams (sleeps 4)
Hammock = 2 clams

GM: Everyone deduct appropriate expenditures.

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin approaches the tanner, and says that he has a project in mind:

"What I'd like to do is take this chitinous material, and make protective forearm guards, which cover the entire forearm, starting at the wrist, and going to just below the elbow. That way, I'd be able to block blows with my forearms, the way unarmed fighters do, except that I could block blades as well, since the carapace would cover the skin. Basically, it's a better version of a buckler, because it leaves your hands free. Also, we'd like to take some of this lizard hide, and stretch it over a round, wooden shield. What would be the costs involved in doing these things? We'd like one shield covering, and two pairs of the armguards."

Tor nods in agreement. "Yes, I'm thinking of replacing one of my swords with a shield."

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
San-Bolo spend 24 clams, 12 each. Sannit keeps talking with anyone that will give him attention until Bolo taps him on the shoulder and they retire to their tent in seclusion outside of town.

Aust Thale

Adventurer
Aust & Revan

Revan is taken with the ability to heat the rocks, and she looks about the town to find fire-proof gloves or material that can be sewn into similar. She wants as thin a material as possible while retaining a premium of heat resistant ability. Whatever it is that she finds (if indeed she finds anything), she and Aust discuss the purchase of the gloves, mittens, or material.

Aust has no addition provisions, and advocates selling as much of the bitter lizard that can be sold while retaining the parts that the assorted party members want to retain.

They spend 14 clams apiece on their meal, bath, etc. And they purchase a bunkhouse for strictly themselves for the night, to spend some "alone" time, and obtaining a good rest before they set out again with the party.

OOC: Question to GM: The collegiate increase awarded to Aust & Revan...did you happen to apply it? It doesn't look like it, but before I apply it, I want to make sure.

GM: I did not apply this award to your character records. You should also track your own currency. It is easier than if I try to remember everyone's

Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Merin said:
Merin approaches the tanner, and says that he has a project in mind:

Raven, the Tanner, was leaving his shop and heading for The Boar's Head as Sheldon dropped off the new supply of skins. He walks back to the tavern along with Merin and Tor. Looking carefully at one of the chitin bucklers, he nods.

"I can do what you ask, with the chitin as well as the hide. You have enough skin there to make two full complements of armor, but if you wish to fashion some over a shield, simply provide me with one. Basically, if I can do what you desire, now or in the future, my services will cost you 100 clams a day with you providing the raw materials. I only tend to make basic items for the Trade Store because that is what guards and hunters want and can afford. I have been working hides for a long time, now. I assure you; I can make items of much greater quality."

OOC: To make 4 chitin overlay forearm guards requires 4 chitin bucklers, the tail skin of the knobbed lizard, and 200 clams for labor.

OOC: A medium shield would require 1/4 of the provided hide to cover. Teeth or claws or large bones could be added as decoration. (100 clams or 200 if decorated)

Last edited:

MacConnell

Revan is taken with the ability to heat the rocks, and she looks about the town to find fire-proof gloves or material that can be sewn into similar.

OOC: Revan finds nothing that meets the qualifications of her search. Our own knobbed lizard skin exhibits a resistance to heat, but it is even more rigid than deer or goat skin, almost as rigid as bovine or equine hide.

Aust said:
Aust has no additional provisions, and advocates selling as much of the bitter lizard that can be sold while retaining the parts that the assorted party members want to retain.

Lyndha, who is also at the Boar's Head since the Trades Store is closed at night, looks at the trinkets Revan has been fashioning and expresses an interest. She also agrees to hold onto the mass of collected bones and keep them in safe store, until more time presents itself for further discussion.

Taking an idea from Merin, Sheldon expresses a desire for making use of the first 20 claws that were collected from the Hooded Lizard. "I would like to see if Raven would work them onto bracers like I have already taken to wearing. It should give me as much or more protection as this chitin buckler but lack any of the awkwardness in movement."

Indigo adds, "I have yet to use any collected materials. I would like to have some armor made from part of the new hide."

While discussions ebb and flow along with food and drink, several of the town's members make a point of greeting or visiting with the party members. Giodavi, Lyndha, and Raven the Tanner even join the group at their table for a while discussing the portent of town development. Lyndha conveys that a weaver/tailor is supposed to be coming from Boga City to establish residence. Giodavi conveys that the construction of a grind house is underway, and gatherers have been back tracking the pig trail northeastward to find corn growing in the prairie land north of the pines.

Sheldon when he has finished his meals ponders. "Just a thought. Let's see what the rest of you think. I think we should leave our two pack animals when we head back out West in the morning. We know what we are looking for, and with this particular venture, I think they would be at greater risk than normal travel. What say you?"

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Sannit takes a sip from his mug and raises his eyebrows at Sheldon's suggestion. "We had to come back to town because we had too much to carry. What if we find something else we want? Any extra burden will get heavy quick."

Bolo sits quietly and looks around the room. The suspicious woman is trying to determine if anyone else in the tavern is too interested in the party's plans.

MacConnell

Responding to Sannit

Sannit takes a sip from his mug and raises his eyebrows at Sheldon's suggestion. "We had to come back to town because we had too much to carry. What if we find something else we want? Any extra burden will get heavy quick."

Sheldon nods, "That is why I posed the question. If we encounter something like spiders or another lizard, sure we need the pack animals."

"We were told that the hunters are traveling about three days before they encounter the hostiles. It's about three days to the hardwoods. What I was thinking was if we ran it, we could cover the first two days distance in one. It wouldn't be good to run the pack animals."

Bolo said:
Bolo sits quietly and looks around the room. The suspicious woman is trying to determine if anyone else in the tavern is too interested in the party's plans.
[sblock=Sense Motive]Effectiveness = Essence + Mind + Cohesion + Knowledge + Personality + Collegiate + Commercial - d100
Effectiveness = 10 + 10 + 4 + 6 + 2 + 6 - 2 = 41 base rating
Other factors: drinkers + 50%, crowded conditions - 20%, known environment + 20%
[/sblock]
GM: No one seems overly interested in the party's conversation, or intending malice. Bolo is certain regarding several people and confident enough on the rest.

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
"Why such a rush?" Sannit asks back. "I wanted to leave town soon to seem productive but out in the wild we can take our time. I don't think there's any way we are going to sneak up on these tribesmen. They live out there; they're going to know we're coming. Our best bet is to avoid an ambush like on the road, and if we rush trying to make the time in two days we might jump right into their trap. What if there is a fight and one of us is hurt so bad we have to carry them back? If the rest of you are worried about losing the animals, then we can leave them, but I don't like the idea of moving too fast."

MacConnell

Sheldon Agrees

"Why such a rush?" Sannit asks back. "I wanted to leave town soon to seem productive but out in the wild we can take our time. I don't think there's any way we are going to sneak up on these tribesmen. They live out there; they're going to know we're coming. Our best bet is to avoid an ambush like on the road, and if we rush trying to make the time in two days we might jump right into their trap. What if there is a fight and one of us is hurt so bad we have to carry them back? If the rest of you are worried about losing the animals, then we can leave them, but I don't like the idea of moving too fast."

Sheldon cocks his head in the manner he usually does when he's wrong. "I like your thinking on this, Sannit. It's better than mine. We are not yet experienced enough nor familiar enough with this terrain to warrant such a hurry. Indigo and I will meet you all at the western edge of town at first light."

"Goodnight everyone."

Indigo follows. "Goodnight everyone."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases