The Untamed Wilds: Caravan Campaign

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
A Small Joke, Couldn't Resist.

Sannit said:
"I had no idea the wilds were this crowded."

Merin nods.

"One might even say that they are untamed."

Tor gives Merin a quizzical look, augmented by a frown.

Merin looks shocked at Tor's disapproval.

"What? What'd I say?"

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Tending the Wounded: The battle Aftermath

Bolo lifts her hand from the creature hesitantly, as though afraid it might be faking. When it stays down she turns a delighted smile on Sannit before moving to Sheldon to aid in healing.

The beast does not appear to be physically wounded. Sannit and Tor remedy that situation, surgically, with particular attention to the line between the scales and belly plates.

Indigo takes some of the compfrey she had collected and presses it into Sheldon's wound as Bolo joins her. The three of them have no difficulty in restoring the man's health.

Sheldon thanks them has he rising looking at the significant rip in his tunic. "It should take the rest of the day to process this monster. We are only a day out. I agree with Sannit. We should return to town and unload it. Too bad our other armor will not yet be ready, I am tired of being eviscerated. I also think I need to try learning a weapon. I now have a chitin buckler, thanks to those spiders, but it still feels awkward to hold and isn't really suited to fighting empty handed."

Bolo tends and calms the pack animals. Sheldon takes his small knives and begins to work on the lizard. Sannit, noting that the medium-sized pig it was carrying is a fresh kill, begins to work on it, while Merin starts a fire as Tor and Aust collect any wood they can find that is not pine. Revan refills all the water skin with a fresh supply from the adjacent creek. Indigo once again looks for usable plants.

As Sheldon begins to remove the hide from the lizard, he motions Sannit, Merin, and Aust over. The four of them agree that, contrary to Sannit's previous hope, this lizard meat has a particularly acrid smell, and everyone agrees that trying to eat it is not worth the risk. The pig sounds like much better fare, and it is more than enough to feed everyone.

GM: Other than the overt actions listed, state any particular intentions that might be conducted before nightfall.

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Sannit wrinkles his nose at the sour smell of the lizard and raps his knuckles on the thick plates of the creature. "This should give us better protection than the frilled lizard. I think Raven is going to like having us around town." He looks for any other tokens like fangs or claws that he can take from the beast to add to their collection.

Bolo looks from the felled lizard to her own hand and gives a rare address to the entire group. "We should add 'way' training to our regimen, try to stun or paralyze each other to increase our resistance to it."

OOC: If we are already doing this then disregard her comment. I couldn't recall.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin nods in agreement.

"Practice would be wise. Who wants to go first?"

After helping gather firewood, Tor will assist in butchering the pig carcass.

MacConnell

Testing our Skills

Bolo looks from the felled lizard to her own hand and gives a rare address to the entire group. "We should add 'way' training to our regimen, try to stun or paralyze each other to increase our resistance to it."

Sheldon looks up from skinning the lizard. "That sounds like an excellent idea, as there is no real damage to worry about. Whether we think of it as paralyze or sleep or stun, the effect is the same, we are causing the target to lose its mental function. This is not permanent and the victim will recover after a certain number of hours, but we could also practice returning the unconscious victim to full cognition."

He pauses for a moment. "Just in case, we should only do this on ourselves once a day. There might be some residual effect if used too often on the same person."

Indigo, on the fringe of the conversation, speaks up. "I will go first, Bolo, if you would like to try; though, I would like to be sitting. I don't want to fall on my face if you succeed."

Indigo sits near the fire, and Bolo places her hand on top of the other woman's head, concentrating.
[sblock=Bolo's Attempt]d100 + Essence + Mind + Cohesion + Knowledge + Personality + Collegiate =
51 + 10 + 10 + 3 + 6 + 2 + 5 = 87
[/sblock]
[sblock=Indigo's Resistance]09 + 10 + 10 + 4 + 5 + 3 + 4 = 45
[/sblock]
[sblock=Effect]87 - 45 = 42% * 14 = 6
[/sblock]
GM: Indigo: Mind(10) - 6 = 4 confused, somewhat dazed, easily commanded

Merin who has now had more practice attempts to reverse the effect by himself and places his hand on Indigo's head.
[sblock=Merin's Aid]Essence + Mind + Cohesion + Knowledge + Will + Collegiate + Aberrative - d100 =
10 + 10 + 1 + 3 + 4 + 10 + 1 - 28 = 11% * 5 = 1
[/sblock]
GM: Indigo: Mind(4) + 1 = 5 still confused

Sheldon stops for a moment, cleans his hands and motions for Tor to join him.
[sblock=Sheldon and Tor combined aid]Tor: 32 + Sheldon: 41 - d100: 29 = 44% * (4 + 8) = 5
[/sblock]
GM: Indigo: Mind(5) + 5 = 10 full recovery

Indigo plainly states. "I don't like that. I do not want to try again today. Maybe another day."

Last edited:

Aust Thale

Adventurer
Aust & Revan

Aust & Revan assist with camp, cooking, and the like. Aust searches for berries, nuts, and plants that look edible. He examines them closely, involving the others to come to consensus as to what is edible or not. Taking no chances, he is conservative in his assessment, watching for evidence where smaller critters have eaten safely. He uses the Way as well, attempting to sense whether something is poison, and if so, to what degree. He handles poisonous plants and berries carefully, placing some in part of the lizard's bladder. The lizard obviously won't need it. He would like to experiment mixing the spider and plant poisons under more civilized camp conditions. But not right now. He is simply gathering items.

Revan heats several rocks, and using the Way, she manipulates them to not burn her as she chips away at bone fragments from the lizard, creating exotic arrowheads and scrimshaw-similar trinkets. Perhaps these can be sold later as curiosities. She uses the hobby as a way to build her connection with the way, aligning it with her fingers to build dexterity and focus.

They make minor adjustments to their armor, tightening the bindings where necessary, attempting to mend damage by manipulating way. They are not looking for wholesale changes; they are simply building their skills while trying to obtain some utility in the process.

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Bolo puts a reassuring hand on Indigo's shoulder. "Next time I will be the victim, but I am certain this is something we should practice as much as our combat skills. Even you," she says to Sannit, sitting nearby sharpening the tip of his spear. Normally not a loss for words, he frowns and keeps at his chore.

MacConnell

Making Use of Our Time

Aust & Revan assist with camp, cooking, and the like. Aust searches for berries, nuts, and plants that look edible.

Aust Almost immediately finds some blackberry vines growing near the large creek. At this time of year they are loaded with berries. This particular vines appears to not have yet been noticed by the roving pigs. He collects two good handfuls of berries, enough for everyone to enjoy a few. He and Indigo collect many of the leaves from the vine as they have therapeutic value. A few poisonous mushrooms are located but nothing of any significance in that category.

He uses the Way as well, attempting to sense whether something is poison, and if so, to what degree.
Aust realizes and Indigo confirms that using the blackberry leaves while manipulating way can assist in restoring a person's damaged body.
OOC: Aust: 2 usable measures of Blacberry Leaves: Aid + 10%

OOC: Indigo: 2 usuable measures of Blackberry Leaves

Revan heats several rocks, using the Way.
Revan determines that if she heats a rock to her full potential, it will indeed burn her if she does not release it. Placing on dried pine straw will cause the straw to ignite. She also determines that she can simply warm a rock to a comfortable feel rather than heat it.

The enormity of the lizard provides a considerable amount of bone. It is every bit of 2 paces long (12') and weighed approximately 500 bricks (500lbs). Revan learns that she can manipulate way to dry the bones, cooking away any residual meat. She does this away from the camp due to the unsavory aroma of the inedible lizard. Sheldon also has determined that he can control his manipulation of way to dry the skin, making it more suitable for transport.

Sannit, who is not given to overt displays of way manipulation, recovers from his loss of words to speak plainly in a matter of fact matter. "I have determined something not before considered."

"See the knot in that pine." He throws his spear. It is a fairly good throw, but at the distance hitting the knot is very difficult and he is able to get close but not hit the mark.

"Now, the difference." He retrieves his spear returning to the point of the original throw. He concentrates momentarily, the rest can sense the manipulation of way, and throws. This time the spear hits the mark.

"The slight delay may be worth the extra accuracy."

OOC: Party Collections:
40 Large Brown Talons
24 Jeweled Spider Fangs
6 Chitin Bucklers
Knobbed Lizard Skeleton
Knobbed Lizard Hide
Dried Ham (20 bricks)

GM: Tor increases Will: 1 point
Merin increases Cohesion: 1 point
Sheldon increases Cohesion: 1 point
Indigo increases Collegiate: 1 point
Sannit increases Will: 1 point
Bolo increases Cohesion: 1 point
Revan increases Collegiate: 1 point
Aust increases Collegiate: 1 point

Last edited:

MacConnell

Returning to Southroad Fair

retreat-in-the-pines-mineola-tx-intimate-wedding.jpeg

Departing camp at first light, the party makes better time than when having departed before. The return path is familiar and travel can be pursued more rapidly. About midday, a hunting party from town, consisting of 4 members, passes heading West.

The hunters convey, that despite the danger, food and commodities must still be acquired, but they are now being more cautious.

The party arrives in town just before nightfall, noting that a few more guards have been added to the perimeter, including Siofra, who greets the party wishing them well.

OOC: State specific intention while in town and determine the length of stay before returning West.

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
"Necessities first," Sannit says as he and Bolo head to the Boar's head for food and a bath.

Later, when the rest of the party is gathered around a table to discuss their plans, Sannit is his normal, verbose self. "I think we should head back out as soon as possible tomorrow. We can talk to Raven before we leave about the new hide, but we don't have enough currency to order new pieces. Plus, if we hang around too long the townsfolk might think we are stalling completing the quest. I think as soon as we put this matter to rest for them we will earn even more goodwill from this place."

For the rest of the evening, San-Bolo will chat with some of the other people at the tavern, including Giovani, telling of the ambushing spiders, which Bolo tolerates with a frown, and the tough lizard. He says nothing of how they quieted the beast with way, claiming instead that they were able to pinpoint their thrusts at the weaker joints to bring the thing down. Of course he shows off some of the trophies to grant credence to their story.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases