[v.3.5] Realmsian Dragonstar: The Battle of Toril PbP Game [IC] (Game Cancelled)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Originally Posted by Deuce Traveler
Rodan looks greedily at the hovering vehicle, seeing it as a means of escape if he can disable the man handling the remote control. "I'm glad to see we aren't dealing with Imperials, though space pirates aren't much better. But maybe we can take their vehicle and use it to flee this place."
Rodan directs the hold person at the half-ogre the orc leader had called Azara, hoping to keep her from firing that rifle again. The spell pushes against the half-ogre's mind and Rodan thinks he feels her will buckle for half a second before the half-ogre shakes off the compulsion magic.

OOC: Azara's Will save > 1d20+4=16 (saved)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Silhouette frowned at the babbling from Haspur, and with a touch on Thrak's arm said, "That's enough. Put him down just outside the gate, to the side there."

To Haspur she then leaned closer. "So. Asset, or liability? It's too soon to say, I think. That said..."

The tiefling reached out to lay a finger against the old man's lips. "...the sooner you stop talking about me, the better you'll fare. For now, best to be silent. There will come a time for you to pour out all your visions, and I'm sure by doing so you'll do your part to stop all this chaos. But that time is not now. So...shhh."

Back on her feet, she caught Thrak's eye and nodded towards the harbor, seething with smoke and fire and violence.

"Now killing is the answer. Prepare yourself. I'll see if I can't give them a few more moments free from obliteration."

Thak nodded grimly and concentrated. Lines of blue light began tracing intricate patterns over the rocky grey skin of his arms and chest, in the few places where it could be seen between the plates of his armor.

Silhouette spoke in a quiet, siblant voice...a spell cast in whispers that seemed to echo, taken up and repeated by the shadows around her. The orcs in strange armor, clustered near the hovering ship, heard those whispers around them as well. Unease seized their hearts, and the world seemed to darken as if a thick cloud had passed over the sun.

OOC: (Thak uses Animal Affinity to raise his Strength to 24.)

DM's Note: Google Cache didn't save this post and my EN World notification gave me the original unedited post. This is where Sil casts Vertigo Field. As well, I don't think I have the proper reply to this post. It went bye bye into the Ethereal Plane.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Originally Posted by Salthorae
"Roger," Nelalwe replies. She tosses her stun grenade to hit as many of the pirates as possible at one time, trying to target the one she had already tagged with her spell. She then flies over to land on the tank. "Safest place to be is the shadow of the dragon mom said."
Just before Nelalwe tosses her grenade, a magical mist of swirling vapor engulfs the pirates, the bear, the xeph, and the elf. She tries to check her throw but the grenade is out of her hand before she can stop herself. All she can do is hope it hits in the right place. She here's it hit the metal of the hoverjeep and blast in the mist.

The half-ogre yells in discomfort, as does the driver of the jeep. Nelalwe can see him go slack in the bear's grip. The bear growls in annoyance at the loud sound and is effect. The stun wave reaches both the nearest trooper and the xeph but stops just short of catching Nelalwe in her own blast.

Looking at the mist, she thinks twice about flying into it.

Originally Posted by Salthorae
OOC: Nelalwe Stun Grenade: 1d20+9 = 17; Damage 6d6 non-leathal = 23
OOC: The range increments for the grenade is 10 feet. Nelalwe is way more than 10 feet away from Azara (likely 2 or 3 increments away; I'll say 2 so -4 to attack roll [+1 for inspire] equals 14). Azara is the target (with cover [+4 AC] and concealment [20% miss chance]). The attack is miss so no 20% miss chance needed. Now we figure out where the grenade lands. 1d6+2=4 x 1 ft. = 4 feet away; 1d8=1 (square in front of Azara [on the hoverjeep])

So, the grenade's blast radius includes Azara, the bear (DR 5/magic), the hoverjeep driver, the closest shock trooper and Hadyri. I believe there is a Reflex save for half damage, but I'm not sure.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
OOC: The quoted part is the only section of the reply for the vertigo field that I was able to find. It, however, pretty much explains whast happened to the shock trooper and Azara.

Originally Posted by Knightfall
The orc man in front of him retches and grabs at his stomach. Then there is vomit everywhere.
"... my joke wasn't that bad, guy..."

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Dakashi's energy current arcs into the half-ogre even through the mist. She howls in pain but remains standing. The secondary arc hits the armored man fighting Hadyri, and Dakashi sees through the mist that he goes down.

"Lachlan, you got to get me out of here!" The half-ogre exclaims.

"Try to hold out, Azara." Lachlan's voice hums through the jeep's comm.

"Lachlan!" Zugorim shouts. He holds his fire, waiting for the ship's teleporter to transport him and the others back to the ship. He watches as one of the troopers goes down and the driver of the jeep stops moving. The bear lets the man go.

He then watches as half of the goods he and the others piled up is transported off the docks.

"What! Lachlan, what are you doing? Forget the goods!"

"Sorry, Zugorim. It's been fun working with you but I'm outta here. Good luck!"

"You bastard!"

The transporter tries to lock on to the driver and the armored orcs. It manages to pull up one armored orc. The one getting sick in front of Keth. Shazer'a watches on his sensors as Lachlan Scaro disappears from within the building. Gone. Likely transported to ship in orbit.

A text message appears on Shazer'a's screen, You have 10 second before my baby goes boom. See you around, Shaz.

"Lachlan! LACHLAN!" Zugorim ducks down completely behind the barrel screaming at the sky. "You'll pay for this!"

OOC: DM's Note: There was a bit of confusion after I posted this due to the fact I don't think I made it clear enough that the message to Shaz about the explosion was for him only.

The fatigued orc stumbles out of the mist, drops his weapon, and goes to his knees. "No amount of pay is worth this."

"Don't surrender you fool! The primitives will burn you at the stake!"

The other orc trooper stumbles in the mist towards the edge of the street. She hurls again before falling in behind some crates. "No more! No more!"

"Your allies are either gone, down, or surrendering, pirate." The hobgoblin says. He stands and steps out from behind his cover with his holdout laser points towards the orc. "Do not throw your life away. Prison is better than death."

OOC: DM's Note: I seem to remember that there was something else before this where the hobgoblin announced his allegiance to the RES. If so, it is gone too.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Silhouette looks back towards where Haspur was set down and purses her lips. She looks at Thrak.

"Don't kill that one," she murmurs to him. "I am beginning to agree with our mouthy friend here. We may need him."

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"Never!" Zugorim drops his weapon and snaps his fingers. A fine looking blade appears in his hand. He rushes at the hobgoblin. Tocrhor takes aim as the orc charges. The laser flashes and hits the orc square on the chest, but the powerful orc man keeps coming. He drives his blade right through the hobgoblin's chest with a flash of steel and a peal of sonic energy. "You underestimated me, gobber!"

"E-even if I fall," Tocrhor gasps. "You will face j-justice."

Zugorim pulls his blade from the hobgoblin's chest and turns to face the gathered adventurers. The hobgoblin falls down to the ground. He looks at Azora as she tries to escape the mist. "Get up and keep fighting, Azora. Or you'll face my blade too. We are not beaten yet."

Haspur turns and runs away out of the grasp of Thrak.

OOC: Zugorim charges (+2 attack, -2 AC) Tocrhor's readied attack > 1d20+6=25 (hit); Damage > 1d10+1=4 | Zugorim's charge attack > 1d20+19+2=39 (critical threat); Confirm > 1d20+19+2=28 (confirmed); Damage > 2d8+14+1d6=27

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Rodan takes out his blaster pistol and takes a couple of shots at Zugorim, while rasping aloud, "I think that pirate must be insane. It's time to take him down before he hurts someone else."

OOC: Attack 1 - (1d20+12)[18]
Damage 1 - (3d8)[10]
Attack 2 - (1d20+12)[21]
Damage 2 - (3d8)[11]

OOC 2: On second look, I screwed up the second attack roll. it should have been made at a +7, so the result should be a 17, not a 21.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Hadyri wonders where the mist came from that springs up around her. It hampers her sight slightly. As she prepares for her next flurry of blows against the armored orc, an arc of fiery energy slams into the half-ogre and then arcs to the orc. Hadyri recognizes it as one of Dakashi's powers. The orc goes down in front of her. She hear the invader's leader tirade when he is betrayed by one of his own. Then the orc in front of the elf fighting near her disappears. Likely magically teleported somewhere. She watches as the hobgoblin tries to get the leader to surrender and gets skewered by a blade that appears in the orcs hands by magic.

Hadyri tries to move through the mist to confront the orc but finds her movements cut in half. It takes all her strength to push through the field towards the orc. She does her best to avoid the floating vehicle and the retching half-ogre who is also trying to escape the field on her hands and knees. By the times she escapes the field, she's breathing hard and can only stumble a few feet towards the orc.

Originally Posted by Deuce Traveler
Rodan takes out his blaster pistol and takes a couple of shots at Zugorim, while rasping aloud, "I think that pirate must be insane. It's time to take him down before he hurts someone else."
Rodan's first shot goes wide and Zugorim manages to deflect the blaster's energy with the edge of his sword causing it to miss Zugorim's head and hit the Harbourmaster's House behind him.

"Nice try, raptoran," the orc shouts.

The summoned bear moves away from the jeep, trying to escape the clutching nature of the mists around it. The bear stumbles 20 feet forward and then roars in displeasure after emerging from the field in the direction of the inner gate.

OOC: Can Rodan order the bear to act against its nature? It doesn't want to go near the vertigo field again.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Soumral grows increasingly frustrated at her seeming inability to land more than one shot. She takes aim at the nearest target to her and lets her arrows fly whether it be the same orc as before or a different target.

OOC: Atk Roll #1: 1d20+14: 21 [1d20=7]
Dmg Roll #1: 1d8+4+1d6: 16 [1d8=7] [1d6=5]

Atk Roll #2: 1d20+9: 27 [1d20=18]
Atk Roll #2: 1d8+4+1d6: 8 [1d8=3] [1d6=1]

Originally Posted by Buddha the DM
Soumral grows increasingly frustrated at her seeming inability to land more than one shot. She takes aim at the nearest target to her and lets her arrows fly whether it be the same orc as before or a different target.
The magical field obscures Soumral's vision to two possible targets. While tempted to put an arrow in one of the armored orcs, she doesn't feel right shooting a foe who has surrendered even if they are orcs. She takes aim at the orc leader who just skewered the hobgoblin. Soumral's frustration increases as her first shot misses but then there is a satisfying thunk as the second arrow finds it mark through the swirling mist.

Soumral hears the orc growl in anger. He makes no retort this time. She will whittle him down.

OOC: 20% Miss Chance for Second Attack > 1d100=48 (hit)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases