Important EN World issue! (Morrus is going to GenCon!!) [Thanks everyone! -Morrus]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Morrus, scram! Shoo! Go look at something else!
EDIT: As of 4/30, we should be all set! We're no longer scrambling for cash; and further donations will help buy him beer and pizza. :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay!

A bunch of members wanted to send Morrus to Gencon for free as a THANK YOU present for keeping this site going (and growing) for the last few years, and because he has to pay his own way to the ENnies. The fund drive has been going on now for a few months, and we'll soon be bringing it to a close. We wanted to give everyone who wanted to participate a chance - and the chance to win valuable prizes! :D

A few notes:

- Please only donate if you want to say thanks AND you have the money handy. This isn't something that you should give to if you're struggling to meet rent. If you can give, though, that'd be wonderful.

- We've had donations ranging from $3 to $250, with the average ranging from $20-40. No amount too small or too large.

- Mystic Eye Games is giving two $50 wishlists of their stuff to two randomly chosen people who donate! Those people can let MEG Hal know what they want, and he'll take care of them with MEG product. SO COOL; thanks, Doug and Hal!

- If you want to give but just can't afford it, remember that by making this site more fun (helping other people, posting interesting stuff) you're contributing as well.

- We're making this last push before presenting the gift. We'll total things up and give it to him at the end of May.

- If you want to contribute, either Paypal me funds at kevin@kulp.org, or for those folks who don't like Paypal email me and I'll give you my address for a check. I'll confirm by email. Make sure you tell me your user name!

Thank you, everyone! And special thanks to the people who have kept the momentum going on this project. Man, he's going to be thrilled. Let us know if you have any questions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
People who have donated so far include:

Airwolf (twice!)
Aitch Eye
Aithdim
alsih20
Alomir
Alzrius
Ancalagon
Aravis
Armac (with incredibly cool Canadian flags - woot!)
ashockney
Ashy
Ayrwind
Baron Von Starblade (who still seems to be stuck with an exciting custom title!)
Blacksway
Bloodymage
Bob5th
Bolen
Buttercup
Capellan
Caudor
cdtaylor
Cedric
ClumsyBob
Conaill
Corwyn
Coyote6
CRGreathouse
Cthulhu's Librarian
Diaglo
Donadam
DrSpunj
Elocin & group (3 times!)
Emergent
Eridanis
FastLearner
Felon
Gargoyle
Gfunk
Gog
Greybar
Guillaume & Julie
Hand of Evil (twice!)
Henry
Hong Ooi
Hunter 2112
Intrope
JDragon
Jerichothebard
JoeBlank
Jovah
KB9JMQ
Kesho
Kid Charlemagne
Kugar
Kyder
Littlejohn
Malin Genie
Maldur (twice!)
Max
Monte Cook (through prizes!)
Mystic Eye Games (through prizes!)
Nail
Nikchick
orbitalfreak
Pigeon
Piratecat & KidCthulhu
Puderzo
Quickbeam
Ravellion
Ringmaster
Rpghq
Saba Taru
Saupster
Sayburr
Silver Griffon
Siridar
Sir Whiskers
Skarp Hedlin
Sniktch
Steve Jung
Sullaf
Talix
Tallarn
Taloras
Techno
Terraism
Thalmin (at Games Plus in Chicago)
The Kajamba Lion
ThomasBJJ (3 times!)
TrentonJoe
trevalon Moonleirion
Zappo
Ziggy

If anyone thinks they've donated but aren't on that list, drop me an email; it should be complete.

Thanks, everyone!

Last edited:

hong

WotC's bitch
Piratecat said:
People who have donated so far include:

Hong Ooi

I did? OH YES, I did. Ha ha! Oh, that spiked punch was such a funny joke. Ha ha! I'm laughing RIGHT NOW! Ha ha!

Plus four other people whose user names I'm missing:

Adam Windsor

That would be Capellan, I believe.

Last edited:

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Come on people I know there are more of you out there. Please donate to someone who makes your life that much more entertaining. Imagine life at work without ENworld, just imagine how boring it would be, if you could not escape for a few minutes ( well hours for me, hopefully my boss does not log on here ) to log into ENworld and catch up on your daily dose of posts and more importantly the story hours ( which reminds me. Piratecat have you updated your story hour recently?? ).

Anyway, where was I, oh yes I remember. Just forgo one trip to Starbucks for the all mighty sustenance of life just one and you have a great donation to the allmighty Morrus. I know there has got to be more than 34 people on here capable of being able to donate... As Piratecat did say though, do not contribute money if it means you are not able to make your rent/mortgage payment, there are other ways to contribute and those ways are just fine.

Everyone if you can please do help us with this, everyone would greatly appreciate it and personally I just want to be able to see Morrus's face when we show how much we appreciate all his efforts.

Ok, I will get off my soap box now since I am sure my boss will want me to get to work now.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Got one already!

EDIT - Four! Thanks to Alomir, KB9JMQ, Cedric and Puderzo -- and Tallarn! :)

Last edited:

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Mr P-kitty sir!

When I met Morrus in person, I gave him £10 and told him:

"You know that secret thread in General Discussion? The one you're not allowed to look at? When you're allowed to look at it, you'll know why I'm giving you £10 now."

So please add me to the list of contributors.

alsih2o

First Post
Tallarn said:
Mr P-kitty sir!

When I met Morrus in person, I gave him £10 and told him:

"You know that secret thread in General Discussion? The one you're not allowed to look at? When you're allowed to look at it, you'll know why I'm giving you £10 now."

So please add me to the list of contributors.

Mo was a bit freaked by that :)

he tells the story with funny faces and everything :)

emergent

First Post
I just contributed! I figure even lurkers should pony up some cash for Morrus.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone at GenCon.

orbitalfreak

First Post
Elocin said:

Anyway, where was I, oh yes I remember. Just forgo one trip to Starbucks for the all mighty sustenance of life just one and you have a great donation to the allmighty Morrus.

Bu...bu...bu...but forego a trip to Starbucks? Nay, it's not possible! The aroma of the beans, the smooth feel of the Café Mocha flowing down my throat, the perfect flavor of a perfect drink -- 'tis not something I can give up.

I'll give up a trip to McDonald's instead :D
Another donation, another *bump!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases