Predator Stats?

iwatt

First Post
Has anybody done the statistics for the Predator. I'm pretty confortable been a DM, but I'm not to sure about my Monster creating abilities. Besides, the Predator is a really cool race I don´t want to screw up.

Any ideas would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks

Aren't there any monsters in the MM that simulate what you want? I threw a half ogre against my group and it worked out fine. I plan on using more monters in the future and found that you can use just about anything. Bullet Points suggests that creatures with magic abilities should have their CR raised.

daTim

First Post
Well, its hard to say. By predator I assume you mean the race in general and not a specific one from the movies or books etc. If I were to make them a race it would be pretty powerful. And you would still have to design all their equipment (which you probly dont want you characters to get their hands on)

Here is a quick little predator. They gain class levels as normal.

Predator: CR 1; Medium-sized Outsider/Alien; HD 1d8+4; hp 9; Mas 20; Init +4; Spd 50 ft.; Defense 17, touch 14, flat-footed 13 (+4 Dex, +3 natural); BAB +1; Grap +6, Atk +6 melee (1d2+5, punch); Full Atk +6 melee (1d2+5, punch), or +5 ranged; FS 5 ft. by 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.; SQ low-light vision; AL none; SV Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +0; AP 0; Rep +0; Str 21, Dex 18, Con 20, Int 15, Wis 10, Cha 8.
Skills: Climb +16, Jump +16, Listen +3, Spot +3, Survial +4.
Feats: Track
Predators have a +8 racial bonus to Climb and Jump checks, and are not limited by their height when jumping. They also gain Track as a bonus feat. Since Predators are not from earth, they gain Predator weapon proficiencies, and treat earth made weapons as exotic. Some especially powerful weapon such as the disc, are still exotic to a predator.

Predator: CR 12; Medium-sized Outsider/Alien; HD 3d8+8d10+66; hp 129; Mas 23; Init +7 Spd 50 ft.; Defense 29, touch 26, flat-footed 13 (+9 Class, +7 Dex, +3 natural); BAB +7/+2; Grap +13; Atk +13 melee (); Full Atk +13/+8 melee (), or +14/+9 ranged; FS 5 ft. by 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.; SQ low-light vision; AL none; SV Fort +12, Ref +13, Will +4; AP 6; Rep +3; Str 23, Dex 24, Con 23, Int 16, Wis 13, Cha 8.
Skills:
Feats: Advanced Firearms Proficiency, Alertness, Combat Martial Arts, Dead Aim, Far Shot, Light Armor Proficiency, Personal Firearms Proficiency, Simple Weapons Proficiency, Track
Talents (Fast): Evasion, Uncanny Dodge I
Talents (Tough): DR 1/-, Remain Concious
Talents (Solider): Weapon Focus: Predator Spear, Weapon Specialization: Predator Spear, Tactial Aid, Improved Critical: Predator Spear

Yea, I'm really bored at work. I didnt feel like doing the skill points though, alwasy takes so long. Still working on finishing this out.

Last edited:

Mordane76

First Post
daTim said:
Str 21, Dex 18, Con 20, Int 15, Wis 20, Cha 8.

If I'm reading this right, you've got +10 Str, +8 Dex, +10 Con, +4 Int, +10 Wis, and -2 Cha?

That's +40 Attributes...
Also, they have +16 Skill Bonus Points, and the special ability of not being capped on jumping heights.

I guess some of this is balanced by the fact that they'll easily blinded in our atmosphere, since their vision appears to be infrared.

Not to say I necessarily disagree with your interpretation.... :)

takyris

First Post
I don't know that it should be that high -- I don't remember the movies hugely well, but I remember them being strong, but not stronger than Superman.

Frankly, I'd give them a +6 Str, +4 Con, and let the rest sort itself out. I don't see them having any great high Intelligence or Wisdom. They're not explaining great philosophy to us, and their technology level doesn't make them inherently smarter than us -- just further along the evolutionary path.

Really, a Predator alien could simply BE an ogre with a different size and flavor-text and a few extra points of Int to get them back to normal human level. That'd be the simplest way to hit it. In some of the Predator books, you can see the young, inexperienced ones, and they're just as stupid as young, inexperienced humans -- the ones we see in the movies are mid-to-high-level ones.

And don't try to make them a playable PC race unless you're prepared to give them an absurd ECL or nerf them considerably.

-Tacky

daTim

First Post
I coulda sword I typed in a 10 for wisdom... heh. Yea, I guess the Mental stats could go down to normal levels. It doesnt really make that much of a difference since it relies mostly on physical ability. It is hard to place its mental stats going by the movies, because on one hand they are great hunters and trackers, even on completly foreign worlds. But on the other hand they can make some really great mistakes and underestimate humans.
I still think they are ridicously strong since they are able to rip peoples heads and spinal cords out, leap from tree to tree etc. etc.

Placing the ECL for one would be pretty impossible. They are way to physically strong, but they would never fit in anywhere on earth... most likely killed on sight. Secondly they are 8 foot tall aliens who hunt humans for sport.

Oh yea, some of the equipment...

Predator masks - +4 equipment bonus to spot/listen, darkvision unlimited range, built in sound recorder and speakers, sonic protection, atmospheric breather, zoom lenses... definatly the best part of their suit.

Predator suit - light armor +3ish bonus to equipment, cloak ability +10 - +20 to hide checks... not quite how good really, but doesnt work well in water. I think it makes them immune to acids also... from fighting the Aliens.

Most of their weapons would be easy. Wrist claws could just be something like 1d6 19-20x2 damage, but undisarmable.
The plasma caster shoulder cannon might do 4d6 splash damage of fire, like a grenade. Has to take a full round to aim it, can use dead aim feat in conjunction, with the Predator mask on (only way to aim it). Otherwise maybe a -4 to hit.

Last edited:

iwatt

First Post
I liked it, but I noticed an odd ability modifier for Wisdom (+3), which is generally frowned upon. Should be either +2 or +4. Anyways, I don´t particularly agree with giving them a Wisdom increment, maybe a racial modifier to Spot, Listen, and Survival (Wilderness Lore) would be more appropriate. The BAB, Base Save bonus and HD advancement are not very clear. From what I can tell, they have a beast-type advancent except for the BAB which corresponds to a fighter (which I agree on, these suckers are just killing machines).

That´s all I have to say about the crunchy parts. About the rest please tell your DM I liked it a lot. There is a lot of information that will help me run one of these suckers. I specially like the continual testing and ranking system, and the code of conduct.

Thank you and thank´s to your DM as well

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases