D&D 5E To The Strongest: A 5E War Campaign [CLOSED; OOC]

Shayuri

First Post
Well. If we're not paying for the equipment (ie - the cost of equipment is not included in the cost to hire), then it's not OUR armor to sell. The Hetairoi might have a problem with their employers selling their gear, giving them shoddy replacements, and pocketing the difference. :)

Shayuri

First Post
I'll take a stand of Scouts, and a stand of Light Cavalry. A team to go sneakin' and scootin' with and a team to ride into battle with!

That leaves me 200gp to buy studded leather and a few other sundries.

Thateous

Explorer
Well. If we're not paying for the equipment (ie - the cost of equipment is not included in the cost to hire), then it's not OUR armor to sell. The Hetairoi might have a problem with their employers selling their gear, giving them shoddy replacements, and pocketing the difference. :)
Not to mention word might get out how you treat your troops. After the first couple of arrow volleys destroy your army you'll probably rethink your investment plan.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Jago

Explorer
Shayuri and Thateous make good points; you're not a nation outfitting a royal army, your mercs hiring other sellswords and freelancers, meaning that their gear is their own, personal equipment. I'd rather make it that their gear is their gear, and upgrading them is done at your own expense (as you are the officers). However, what they do with their previous equipment is up to them, yeah?

Jago

Explorer
RG Thread is up here .

As a fun thing, I'd also like the group to come together to form The Mercenary Company by answering these few questions:

1. What is the name of The Company?
2. What is the Ideal of The Company?
3. What is the Bond of The Company?
4. What is the Flaw of The Company?

By acting on these, much like a PC, I'll award Inspiration on the battlefield for your Units to use. Consider it like a surge of momentum or morale, allowing you folks to fight harder in the face of the odds.

Thateous

Explorer
RG Thread is up here .

As a fun thing, I'd also like the group to come together to form The Mercenary Company by answering these few questions:

1. What is the name of The Company?
Wolves Brigade
2. What is the Ideal of The Company?
Help those that can't help themselves
3. What is the Bond of The Company?
Those who stand with us are worth dieing for.
4. What is the Flaw of The Company?
Greed. Follow the money, even if it leads you straight into the depths of hell.

Well Feyson will be leading a stand of peltasts and a stand of scouts. I am thinking my unit is more of an infiltration unit. So need people with decent stealth.

What is the name of the Company?
Legion of the Lost Souls

What is the Ideal of the Company?
We always complete the job we are paid for.

What is the Bond of the Company?
The company is our family. I would put my life on the line for any of them.

What is the Flaw of the Company?
Greed, after the company coin is the only thing that matters.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases