D&D 5E To The Strongest: A 5E War Campaign [CLOSED; OOC]

Shayuri

First Post
I bumped into that with my character too. Sadly, being a halfling barbarian/ranger is not stat-friendly. Not even a little.

May need to revise concept a bit. :)

Jago

Explorer
I bumped into that with my character too. Sadly, being a halfling barbarian/ranger is not stat-friendly. Not even a little.

May need to revise concept a bit. :)

Could go Dwarven? Better complemented stats and the cultures are similar between the 2 in this setting.

Shayuri

First Post
Eh. The intelligence 2 buff is squandered.

It's fine. I'll do a ranger MC with something other than barbarian. Truth be told, barbarian was always a pretty poor choice for this character. I just liked the flavor of it...but I can get the FLAVOR of a rage without the mechanics. :)

I liked the eagle eyes thing too, but I wasn't going to see that for ages anyway.

So it's fine. I'll probably go Fighter/Ranger.

Jago

Explorer
Myah...maybe...I dunno... I will take a look at dwarves.

Oh wait, nope. Dwarves can't ride wolves.

Nevermind!

(^_^)

Ah, right, you need a Small ...

Well, a Stout Halfling I show can have a Level 1 of:

Str: 13
Dex: 16 (14+2)
Con: 14 (13+1)
Int: 9
Wis: 15
Cha: 8

Starting at level 1. You have to tank 2 Stats and you unfortunately need the points in Strength, but if you go Shortswords or Scimitars and the like, you're getting 15 AC Unarmored and your Magical stuff isn't too shabby, which can always be raised through Feat choices or just flat ASIs.

You could always flip flop as you need, but Stout definitely grabs you the scores you want

Jago

Explorer
Could also always do Rogue Ranger. Treat Sneak Attack as like Rage Damage from exploiting openings and the like, since all you really need is Advantage and the new Ranger has lots of ways to get advantage.

Shayuri

First Post
A rogue ranger isn't a bad idea either actually. I lose the extra attack at later levels, but I make up for it with the animal companion giving me eternal sneak attack...so my one attack hits hard. Cunning action is arguably not TOO useful while mounted, but it could give me a nice free dismount.

I'll have to think on that.

And I agree that it's POSSIBLE to make a barbarian ranger halfling. It's just not...very...wise. :) I think I'd have to go full barbie to really make it work, and that's not this character. The ESSENCE of the character is the wolf riding. The barbarian stuff was always just amusing/flavorful. Not necessary.

...annnnnd yeah, doing fighter.

Fighter 1, Ranger 4 at first. Probably rampage to Fighter 5 asap, though I'll keep flexible on that. Once I hit Fighter 5 I think it's all ranger until 8.

Depending on how things go, of course. Extending to the hypothetical, but unlikely, level 20...I'd wind up ranger 8/fighter 12.

Last edited:

Remove ads