D&D 5E To The Strongest: A 5E War Campaign [CLOSED; OOC]

Shayuri

First Post
UNT

So glad I dropped the barbarian angle. This worked SO MUCH BETTER. Will be adding background stuff soon, but here's mechanics to make sure I didn't make mistakes.

Aridha
Neutral Stout Halfling Fighter 1 / Ranger 4

Str 8
Dex 18 (+2 race, +1 feat)
Con 14 (+1 race)
Int 10
Wis 14
Cha 12

HP 44
AC 17 (10 + 4 dex +2 armor +1 style)
Prof Bonus +3
Init +4

Race
Halfling (stout)
+2 dex, +1 con
Speed 25
Small size (disad w/heavy weapons)
Lucky (reroll 1's on attacks, saves and checks)
Brave (adv vs fear)
Nimble (can move through the spaces of larger creatures)
Stout Resilience (adv vs poison, resist poison damage)

Class
Fighter
Fighting Style
- Two Weapon
Second Wind 1d10+1

Ranger
Favored Enemy
- Humanoids (+2 dmg, adv on Survival to track and Int checks to gain info)
Natural Explorer
- Ignore diff terrain
- Adv on Init
- adv on attacks on 1st round vs creatures who have not acted
- When traveling an hour or more: Ignore diff terrain, can't be lost w/out magic, always alert, stealth at normal pace, 2x

foraging, more info from tracking
Fighting Style
- Defense
Spellcasting
Primeval Awareness (communicate with beasts, sense presence of favored enemies)
Ranger Conclave - Beast
- Companion Bonuses (+3 AC, dmg, +2 skills, prof in all saves, +1 HD, 1 ASI)

Proficiencies
Armor: Light, Medium, shields
Weapons: Simple, Martial
Tools:
Saves: Strength, Dexterity

Background
Outlander
Skills: Athletics and Survival
Tools: Any one musical instrument (Panflute)
Bonus Language
Origin: Bounty Hunter
Feature: Wanderer (excellent memory for maps and geography, can find food and water for group)

Feats
- Athlete (+1 dex, standing up uses 5' move, Climb at full speed, running jumps after 5')

Skills
Athletics +2
Animal Handling +4
Perception +5
Stealth +7
Survival +5

Languages
Common, Halfling, Dwarven, Elven

Spellcasting (Save DC 13)
Slots 1 - 3/3

Known
1 - Cure Wounds, Hunter's Mark, Hail of Thorns, Longstrider

Equipment
Cash: 10gp

Weapons
2 Shortswords, +7atk, 1d6+4 dmg
Shortbow, +7 atk, 1d6+4 dmg, 80/320
- Arrows (20)

Armor
Studded leather, 45gp

Gear
Explorer Pack

Companion
WOLF
Armor Class 17
Hit Points 17
Speed 40
Str 12 (+4) Dex 16 (+6) Con 12 (+4) Int 4 (+0) Wis 12 (+4) Cha 6 (-2)
Skills: Perception +4, Stealth +5, Athletics +4, Survival +4
Abilities: Keen Hearing and Smell; Pack Tactics; Proficient in all saves;
Attack
- Bite, +6 atk, 2d4+6 dmg, DC11 Str save or prone

Trait
- People see an animal and underestimate me. I use that to my advantage.

Flaw
- If there's food unattended, I'll eat it.

Jago

Explorer

Looking good, just wondering about the Studded Leather: I believe a starting Fighter either gets just straight Leather or Chainmail.

Other than that, Shiny, and yes: the UA Natural Explorer is acceptable. Honestly, yes: it is just legit better.

If Tieflings aren't allowed, how are the Drow viewed in your setting?

The opening post under Cultures describes that both Drow and Tieflings exist and are acceptable racial options. Drow are considered just a different kind of Elf, though many have split from their homeland. Tieflings are just plain oddities: nobody is really sure what they are or where they come from, and they're rather rare to the lay person.

Ok updated the character. Should be legal now. If I missed something let me know.

Looking good, Mate! All set there.

Shayuri

First Post
Jago yes. She then dropped it in the ground and let the earth take it, and went and spent some actual money on studded leather.

Speaking of which, I missed what our starting funds are.

Jago

Explorer
Jago yes. She then dropped it in the ground and let the earth take it, and went and spent some actual money on studded leather.

Speaking of which, I missed what our starting funds are.

Starting gear is Starting Gear plus one magical item that we will go over with each character. You will all also gain 1,000 GP to spend on your Mercenary Company, purchasing the Stands that will make up your army. I suppose any gear that is not spent on soldiers can be spent on additional gear, but I will say that every PC must contribute at least 1 Stand to the Army.

Factored into this, there will be a tiny rule on Upkeep: rather than going over all the actual logistics and provisioning of the army, I'm basically doing a "Flat Tax" of 10% of a Unit's hiring cost every time you folks get paid for a job, which goes towards paying the troops and feeding them. So, a unit of Veterans hires out for 500 GP, but costs 50 GP of your paycheck, so there is something to say for only keeping a few "Elite Units" so you're not draining hundreds of gold every time you folks get paid.

Likewise, you'll see weapons and armor listed for each unit as well: money can be spent upgrading this. As a Stand consists of 10 units, any weapon or armor you wish to purchase is the Cost x10. For example, upgrading a unit of Scouts from Leather to Studded Leather would cost 450 gold. In addition, you can equip your troops with gear as well, like Healing Potions, Climber's Kits, Manacles, Caltrops, Clothes for Disguises, etc., for the same Cost x10 system. For example, if you wanted to give a nasty 1-2 punch of having some Skirmishers lob oil and then Alchemist's Fire onto an enemy stand, you'd pay 1 GP for one use of Oil, and 500 GP for one use of Alchemist's Fire.

For ammunition for ranged weapons, just assume that Upkeep takes care of that. However, you'll need to purchase the amount of throwing weapons you want to outfit a Stand with individually. While Upkeep will keep them refilled, if you only pay the cost for 1 group of Javelins for a Stand, that Stand only gets 1 Javelin per battle.

So again:
- 1,000 GP to start with to purchase your troops. Any money leftover can be spent on the PC
- You must provide at least 1 troop to the Company
- Every troop costs 10% of its hiring wage in Upkeep every time the Company is paid for a job.
- Troops can upgrade their weapons, armor, and items for the Cost x10 of the equipment in question.

Remove ads