D&D 5E To The Strongest: A 5E War Campaign [CLOSED; OOC]

Jago

Explorer
Does a Stand have to be 10 people, or can it be less?

Because 1000gp to hire and outfit 10 people is not...much...

A stand is 10 people, yes. The listed hiring price gets you the Stand as listed, including all their equipment: If you buy a Stand of Bandits, they all come with their Scimitars, Light Crossbows, and Leather Armor. Bandits are 100 GP per Stand, you could literally hit the field with 10 Stands of these, 100 Bandits to command.

Are the hiring prices per stand?

Yes, the prices are Per Stand: if you want 2 Stands of Mangudai, so say, you're going to need to shell out 2,000 GP. Ergo, having a few cheap Stands will allow you to band them together to create larger Units, which have their own benefits as the UA Article lists (like giving Advantage on attacks by having Stands in the same Unit assist eachother).

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Gotta work out his background and his troops.

Lucius Shadowleaf
Wood Elf Fighter(Scout) Outlander
Str 12 Dex 16 Con 14 Int 10 Wis 14 Cha 10
[sblock=Appearance & Personality]
Hair: Dark Blonde
Eyes: Green
Skin: Fair
Height: 5’5”
Weight: 125 lb.
Description:
An exercise in messiness, Lucius’s ragged appearance can be rather off putting. His raggedly cut hair ends near his shoulders, and he often keeps himself hooded.

Traits:

Ideal:

Bond:

Flaw:

[/sblock]
[sblock=Stats]
Class Fighter 5 (Scout)
Background Outlander
Alignment N
hp 44
AC 15
Speed 35
Size Medium
Passive perception 14
SAVING THROWS
STR +3 DEX +3 CON +4 INT +0 WIS +2 CHA +0

PROFICIENCIES
Armor All armor, shields
Weapons Simple weapons, martial weapons
Tools Flute
LanguagesCommon,Elvish,Orcish

SKILLS
Acrobatics +5
Animal Handling +2
Arcana +0
Athletics +3
Deception +0
History +0
Insight +2
Intimidation +0
Investigation +0
Medicine +2
Nature +0
Perception +4
Performance +0
Persuasion +0
Religion +0
Sleight of Hand +3
Stealth +5
Survival +4

COMBAT
Initiative +3*
Longbow ranged martial weapon: +7/+7, 1d8+3 piercing damage, ammunition, range 150/600, heavy, Two-Handed
Rapier melee martial weapon: +5, 1d8+3 piercing damage,finesse

CLASS FEATURES / FEATS
Background Feature: Wanderer
You have an excellent memory for maps and geography, and you can always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around you. In addition, you can find food and fresh water for yourself and up to five other people each day, provided that the land offers berries, small game,water, and so forth.

Class: Fighter
Fighting Style -- Archery
You gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls you make with ranged weapons.
Second Wind
Bonus Action, 1d10+5 healed [Short/Long Rest]
Action Surge (One use)
On your turn, one additional action [Short/Long Rest]
Extra Attack
Martial Archetype: Scout
Bonus Proficiencies
Natural Explorer (Also travel abilities)
-You ignore difficult terrain.
-You have advantage on initiative rolls. *
-On your first turn during combat, you have advantage on attack rolls against creatures that have not yet acted.
Combat Superiority: 4d8 [Short/Long Rest]
Maneuvers: (Save DC: 16)
-Add Sup Die to Athletics, Nature, Perception, Stealth, or Survival checks.
-Add Sup DIe to Attack Roll
-Reaction: one sup die add to AC, half damage if hits anyway
Feat: Sharpshooter
-Attacking at long range doesn't impose disadvantage on your ranged weapon attack rolls.
-Your ranged weapon attacks ignore half cover and three-quarters cover.
-Before you make an attack with a ranged weapon that you are proficient with, you can choose to take a -5 penalty to the attack roll. If the attack hits, you add +10 to the attack’s damage.

EQUIPMENT
Studded Leather’
longbow, and 20 arrows
rapier
Quiver
Includes a backpack, a bedroll,
a mess kit, a tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, and a waterskin. The pack also has 50 feet o f hempen rope strapped to the side of it.
A staff, a hunting trap, a trophy from an
animal you killed, a set of traveler’s clothes, and a belt pouch

Money: 19 gp
[/sblock]
[sblock=Goals and Background]
Background:
Okay, got my inspiration, Lucius Shadowleaf, Wood Elf, loyalties split between the Republic and the Society. Master Archer, has wandered a bit. I see him leading a group of elven sagittarae. I'll get his full writeup done ASAP.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
The key to armies is the food and money.
I buy one stand of Hetairoi.
I sell their armor at a 50% loss, netting 7500gp, i buy splint mail for them for 2000.
I buy 5 more stands of hetairoi, duplicate the process, now I have 6 stands of Hetaroi with -1AC.
And 28000 gold.
Yes, I'm kinda being a jerk

Jago

Explorer
The key to armies is the food and money.
I buy one stand of Hetairoi.
I sell their armor at a 50% loss, netting 7500gp, i buy splint mail for them for 2000.
I buy 5 more stands of hetairoi, duplicate the process, now I have 6 stands of Hetaroi with -1AC.
And 28000 gold.
Yes, I'm kinda being a jerk

And here we see the GM's system come crashing down, lol. While there is technically nothing wrong with that from what I laid out, that does feel very gamey... hm.

Trying to think of a good solution that keeps this balanced while still allowing things like this. Although again, 6 Stands of Hetairoi are eating into 600 gold per payment, on top of other units. Granted, having a reserve of 28,000 kinda makes that meaningless since who cares how much you get paid at that point...

Hm.

Jago

Explorer
Do you need a full character posted here or will you roll out a gallery at some point?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I will roll out an RG thread sometime later today. Bit busy this morning.
Once that's done we can probably start the IC thread by Sunday/Monday

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases