D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Storm King's Thunder: Goldenfields

Euon shook his head no. "No clue. But Milos might." Deciding to take up the question with the innkeeper, Euon stepped over the goblin corpse, wincing in discomfit, and re-entered the tavern. "It's safe for now, even if only for long enough to catch our wind. Has the inn been under attack in the past?" His voice was loud enough to be heard by anyone in the taproom, but it was on Milos that Euon's eyes rested.

Creamsteak

Explorer
The remaining bugbears and the ogre seem to bugger off to the west, heading back into the center of the town.

Anyone who has been in Goldenfields for two months (all npcs, maybe some pcs) or more can recall that two hill giants attacked the town wall ineffectually by chucking rocks before being driven off by the towns defenders.

Euon hadn't been here very long, but Milos was ready enough with his gruff response. "S'not the first time we been beset by riff raff. Hill giants, two of 'em, came down an' hucked rocks at the wall. Drove 'em off well enough, but now this chaff's back." Euon nodded. He turned to his colleagues at arms. "To the temple, then? Marauders are still loose inside the walls, we'd better muster up and help the abbey defend itself."

Matthan

Explorer
Virion smiles as he says, "It seems like there will be no rest until we drive them off. Besides, it's been my experience that saving the day tends to be followed by incredible feasts. I'm feeling a bit peckish so let's go ahead and wrap this up. The abbey seems like a fine plan to me."

Shalvus swallows hard before saying, "We can't let them run wild and destroy everything. This is our home. If we won't defend it, no one will. I'm in."

"Feasts are good." Euon's smile was ready. But then faltered. If anyone caught him weaving magic, he'd be shunned. Disheartened, he shrugged. "It is a thing that needs doing, so I'll go with you. I don't know where the Temple is, so I'll follow you."

Creamsteak

Explorer
The Abbey isn't too far, but you'll have to cross by town to get there. Any particular route you want to take? Light sources? Stealth or speed?

OOC: Speed. There's ogres in town. Probably we're not the only people milling about town right now with a lantern or torch, trying to figure out what the heck is going on. Euon will cast light. I'm pretty sure that's on his cantrips list.

Euon snapped his fingers and burst of light grew from his fingertips into a ball of light. "Something to see by." He eyed Davaros and Virion nervously for their reaction to his casting magic. They'll find out sooner or later, anyway. Might as well get it out of the way now.

Creamsteak

Explorer
In route, near G6 on the map, the party moves through town, circumventing the outer roads for time. As you approach the center of town you can see the old tree Lifferlas surrounded by goblins, bugbears, and ogres. They seem to have piled a lot of dry timber around him and the goblins seem to be lighting torches. The treant is fighting back, but he is outnumbered and surrounded.

Party has initiative and the enemies are surprised.

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 733
  • minimap.png
    minimap.png
    261.5 KB · Views: 478
Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: Managing first round actions for Bell and the Treant now.

Bellalalalinda and Whistler decide to fight from range for now. They manuever to Whistler's ideal range for the closest target, a bugbear, and attack during the round in which the enemies are surprised. Whistler's rock throw misses. Bellalalalinda applies hunters mark to the target and fires a crossbow bolt dealing 15 damage to the bugbear at AC 15.

Lifferlas, the treant, attacks the goblin nearest him with a torch at Y21. Only one slam hits, but the 10 damage it deals kills the goblin outright. "You are horrible children! Put those matches out this instant!"

Three players and three NPCs have actions left in the first round.

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 460
Last edited:

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
[/b]Oren Yogilvy[/b]

Oren was not confortable having to leave Northfurrow's End. However, he decided it was wiser to stay with the fighter-types than stay hidden in the inn. He drank a pint for extra courage, and perhaps inspiration. As the tasty beverage started go take effect, he realised that this adventure could even give him some inspiration.

When he saw the elder tree being attacked, Orin felt a cold shiver down his spine. The old tree had covered him a few times when, from a drunken stupor, he had fallen asleep and the rain had started. Hmmm, only four daggers. Better make good use of them he thought to himself as he waited for the warriors to engage the ennemy.

OOC: Move none
action: dodge

Davaros Silverfist

Knowing that the treck to the abbey would be dangerous, Davaros had swallowed a potion of heroism before heading out of the inn.

The treck had been without trouble untill now, and Davaros was angry. He had met the old tree and cnversed with it, as this trip to Goldenfields was to see treants. These were a cowardly an dishonorable mecreants, and they needed to pay for their actions. Davaros' horse took a few steps before he threw two javelins at the nearest ogre, and then continued towards the nearest bugbear, attacking it.

[sblock=ooc] The warhorse steps close enough so Davaros can be in range

HP: 41/44 (-17 ogre attack -6 goblin +20 lay on hands)
Temporary HP: 10 (from ingesting potions of heroism)

Note: under the effect of Bless for 1h, from ingesting potion of heroism

AC:16

Spells:
level 1: 3/4 (wrathful smite cast on ogre)
level 2: 2/2

Lay on hands: 0/20 remaining

Davaros action: throw two javelins at x16 ogre
Davaros attack 1 [roll0] plus [roll1] from bless
damage [roll2]

Davaros attack 2 [roll3] plus [roll4] from bless
damage [roll5]

Move: once horse finishes attacks, Davaros dismounts and final position is AD14

Horse
I am using the stats of the base warhorse

Move to AC14
attack Bugbear at AC15

Attack: [roll6]
damage[roll7]

If attack hits, bugbear must save DC 14 or be prone, and horse gets another attack
[/sblock]

Remove ads