[Merged - login problem threads] Is there a way to stay signed on? [answer = clear your cookies]

Jago

Explorer
Hoy Folks,

So ever since The Crash, I'm experiencing a strange error when logging into the site using my mobile phone. I do not use Tapatalk: I login directly, and haven't had an issue before.

However now, when I login (I'm using the Google Chrome mobile browser), it confirms that my login was successful, displays the little "Click this if you are not automatically taken back" icon, I'm automatically brought back to where I was before I logged in ... and am not logged in. No matter how many times I try, it states that my login was successful but then clearly shows that I am not logged in. Ergo, I cannot post from my mobile like this, and frankly I prefer the actual site as opposed to using Tapatalk.

I'm not experiencing this issue at all on a computer, solely on my phone.

Has anyone else experienced this, or know what's going on here?

Satyrn

First Post
I'm on a tablet.

it'll let me log in, but I don't stay logged in as I should with the Remember Me option selected.

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Contacting Adminstrator

Is there any way to contact an administrator?

The new site will not allow me to stay logged in and I keep losing massive rewrites because of it.

I have already lost everything I had previously created and now I am continually losing new information everyday.

This is highly disappointing to say the least!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
To say the least!

There's the Meta forum for general technical queries. My email address is linked at the bottom of every page for other stuff.

Bear in mind, though, as the announcement at the top of the page says, we have just recovered from a big database issue and are in the process of repairing a lot of stuff. We've been down for five days! That's on the (long) list of repairs. :)

I'll move this to Meta for you.

Jago

Explorer
Google Chrome NOT ALLOWING LOGIN

So, interesting development.

I was all of a sudden not able to login at all using Google Chrome. I am on Firefox right now, and it works fine, but Chrome was doing the same thing I described in the thread for Mobile Devices: Logging me in, saying I was logged in, and then showing me in all my not-logged-in glory.

Something is wrong in the way Chrome is interacting with EnWorld.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
For you, maybe. I logged in via Chrome today just fine.

What version are you using? What browser pluglins and extensions do you have, if any?

Jago

Explorer
Version is 53.0.2785.116 m

No Plug-Ins, my only Extensions are DropBox, Google Docs, and Google Play.

This is now happening on both my Mobile Chrome Browser and my home browser, so I'm not entirely sure what's going on here. I even was able to login using Explorer on my Work Laptop: Chrome is the only browser that causes this error.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases