D&D 5E 5E A Bard's Tale [Recruiting]

Trogdor1992

First Post
I'm recruiting 4-6 players for a campaign where you'll all be the most Badass of Bards, posing as a traveling Minstrel troupe, and sometimes taking on paid jobs/tasks, as a cover for your real quest to be the best. You'll all have banded together to search for all of the 'Seven Ancient Arcane Instruments of Bardic Legend and Lore', so all of you together can become, beyond any possible shred of doubt, the greatest troupe of traveling Master Minstrels(and Mighty Heroes) there ever was or will be, till the end of time!

This will be a High-Powered, High-Fantasy, High-Magic campaign set in a homebrew world, on the continent of Velkhasia, where you'll begin at the Tipsy Tiefling Tavern in the city of Kaisendale, where you'll be meeting to discuss your plan of action, having heard a rumour(from a VERY reliable contact) of an Ancient Arcane Instrument of Bardic Legend and Lore nearby, about 6 days travel East, hidden in the ruins of Foolish Grahn's Fortress. Your contact has NEVER steered you wrong before, and it's the ONLY information you've heard regarding the Seven Ancient Arcane Instruments of Bardic Legend and Lore since first beginning your search, so you may as well at least look into it. Taverns ALWAYS have less-important jobs and tasks posted up near the bar, should you begin to need some more coin.

If you're interested the rules for character creation are:
-Begin at 10th level
-32 point buy
-Max-2 for HP after 1st level
-Must take 8 levels in the Bard class, multi-classing is okay at 9th level and higher
-Variant Humans, Halflings, Gnomes, Dragonborn, and Svirfneblin are NOT going to be allowed, as they don't exist in Velkhasia(sorry)
-4th & 8th level Ability Score Increases may ONLY be used for raising Ability Scores, not for more Feats
-Gain a Feat at 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 10th level
-Begin with 7,500 Gold AND 750 Electrum Chips(Chips described in full below)
-Begin with ONE Seal Stone Pistol
-Begin with ONE Rapier of Talent OR Dancer's Dirk OR Wordsmith's Whip(items described in full below)
-Begin with ONE suit of +1 armor you're proficient with
-Begin with ONE Musical Instrument of your choice
-Begin with EIGHT Potions of Healing AND TWO Expert's Elixers(Elixer described in full below)
-Begin with ONE Wand of Detect Magic OR Wand of Cure Wounds
-Begin with ONE Wand of Identify OR Wand of Lesser Restoration
-Begin with ONE Scroll of Reincarnation, ONE Scroll of Greater Invisibility, AND ONE Scroll of Fireball
-Begin with ONE Book of Bardic Knowledge and Lore
-Begin with ALL Tools, Kits, and Gaming Sets you're proficient with, plus ONE of your choosing
-If you'd like to purchase any Magic Items/Scrolls/Potions just ask, and I'll provide a price
-The following sources will be allowed: Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, Elemental Evil Player's Companion, Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, Unearthed Arcana articles
-If you want to use any kind of third-party/homebrew/etc. for Character Races, Bardic Colleges/Archetypes, Spells, Character Backgrounds, Equipment, or Items, just let me know, and I'll definitely look at it and strongly consider allowing it.(I love using new/different stuff in my campaigns, so don't be scared to ask!)

Last edited:

Trogdor1992

First Post
MY HOMEBREW ITEM'S DESCRIPTIONS/STATS

Electrum Chips: Used as currency in various gambling establishments in the world.

Seal-Stone Pistol: Looks like a Flintlock Pistol, but instead of bullets they use rechargeable Seal-Stones of various colors signifying different damage types. Deals 1d8 damage, with a range of 20-120 feet, and costing a bonus action to reload after SIX fired shots.

Book of Bardic Knowledge And Lore: When this book is in your hands while you make a History, Religion, Arcana, or Nature Check you gain a +3 bonus to that check, you can draw upon the book's power ONLY ONCE per short rest.

Expert's Elixer: Drinking this Elixer gives you a +3 bonus to any skill check for ONE hour after it is consumed. Drinking a second Expert's Elixer in the same day causes you to take a -5 penalty to your CON, STR, and DEX scores until you take a long rest, or have Greater Restoration cast upon you.

Rapier of Talent, Dancer's Dirk, and Wordsmith's Whip: These magic weapons use the stats of their mundane counterparts(Rapier, Whip, Shortsword), but they get a +2 bonus to Attack and Damage rolls, a +2 bonus to Perform and Deception checks, and the whip may be used to deal lethal damage if you wish.

Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
This sounds extremely interesting. I am not up to speed on 5e, but I'm killer on the role-play and quick on the uptake. I absolutely love home-brew campaigns.

Trogdor1992

First Post
I really want to do this too, but I'm not sure I can make a troupe of wandering bards work with less than 3 people

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Tapatalk

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Since joining this site on the recommendation of a friend, I have read through many different threads. Disappointingly, I find that everyone seems to want canned campaigns, a module they can buy to read ahead and cheat.

I would much rather play a home brew campaign where I cannot predict the outcome. So if you ever find enough participants, whether it be this one or another, let me know. I'm game.

Trogdor1992

First Post
All my campaigns are homebrew so should you see me recruiting, it'll be for homebrew.

Trogdor1992

First Post
If this gets going I'll make sure you all know. I LOVE Bards so I most certainly want this to happen.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases