D&D 5E 5E A Bard's Tale [Recruiting]

tglassy

Adventurer
I always knew Bards were beast. I just want to make sure nothing I'm doing is going to be a major problem. I'm honestly not trying to power game. I was looking at my character and trying to pick things that would fit his character.

1. I've got the potential to make my Passive Perception a 25, because I wanted to take the Observant Feat. I was looking at that thinking, he's part bird man, so his sense of sight would be much better than a normal person's. Also, I like the thought that he can read lips, and since I'm going to take Comprehend Languages as one of my spells, I feel like that'll be useful. If I don't take it, PP will still be a 20. Is that a problem?

2. Because I wanted him to be a Tank, standing in the front line 'drawing agro' away from the others, and I already took Heavy Armor Proficiency, I wanted to take Heavy Armor Master, which adds a 3 damage reduction to all slashing, bludgeoning and piercing damage that is nonmagical. I figured that would help him tank better than extra health. But if everyone we're going against is going to be magical in one way or another, this may be a wasted feat. Still, it would help a lot against mundane monsters.

3. Can my lute basically be a Spanish guitar? Since a guitar is a type of lute?

4. I sent you a message a while back regarding a Deck of Illusions. Not sure if it went through. How much would that cost me?

5. RAW, i should be able to use Magical Secrets to take Banishing Smite from the Paladin's spell list, because i can take a spell up to 5th level from any spell list, and it's a 5th level Paladin spell. However. Paladins don't get access to it until level 17. So...is that an issue?

6. How do you want us to post our stats? Is there a template? Sorry, this is the first time I've done a play by post, so I'm not sure how it works.

Trogdor1992

First Post
1. Fine by me.

2. I promise it won't be a wasted feat.

3. Yeah, fluff however you'd like.

4. Gotta think about that one a bit.

5. Not an issue at all.

6. I have a template if you want me to paste it here, or a .pdf is fine as well.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Tapatalk

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Do you have a deadline in which you'd like characters finished Trogdor?

I haven't decided yet what kind of Bard I'd like to be. I don't usually like super complicated characters though. I'm leaning three ways - not that 3 ways narrows it down or anything but, either magic inclined (fire, I think Fenris found a nice attractive school), roguish, or just that pure and simple straight up talky type bard. I'll leave the fighter and other complicated bards to everyone else :)

Don't hold me to that, I'm still pondering and working things up but I'm close to deciding.

Fenris

Adventurer
Hey Trog,
A couple of questions. I have been looking into 3rd party colleges and wanted to get your approval on them before I consider them too much. I am looking at colleges for Queenie as well as myself.

College of Trickery
http://somethingdnd.tumblr.com/post/136026616351/dnd-5e-homebrew-bard-college-of-trickery-by

College of Skeldaning
https://dungeonhacking.wordpress.com/2015/09/18/darfellan-day-3/

College of the Dancing Flame
http://www.alexandraerin.com/2016/01/5th-editon-bard-option-college-of-the-dancing-flame/

doghead

thotd
Fine by me, I think that brings us to 3 unless [MENTION=8243]doghead[/MENTION] wanted in

I would love to. But unfortunately I am not in a position to commit to any new games at the moment. Which does have the advantage of saving me from having to choose between this and your Oriental themed gamead I suppose. Oh well, small mercies.

thotd

tglassy

Adventurer
Trogdor, could you give me an idea of the demographics of the area we'll be playing in? Specifically with the languages. Are there any languages we shouldn't need because they don't apply to this setting? Are you not going to worry about languages at all? I must admit, I love multilingual characters, and I want to know what might be useful, and what might be worthless (for example, if the Draconic language doesn't feature in your game, then learning it is pointless).

Remove ads