D&D 5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

Yavathol

Explorer

"It doesn't sit well with me, disturbing the dead, but maybe we should see who exactly is buried here, and if they match our missing delegation. Not sure if I have any shovel or spade with me though." Ilvellios pulls off his backpack and rummages around for a digging utensil.

[sblock]Ilvellios hp 21/21 thp 5/5
Str +0(+2 Saves), Dex +3(+5 Saves), Con +1, Int +0, Wis +2, Cha -1
Acrobatics +5, Survival +5, Stealth +5, Insight +5, Perception +5
AC 16
Inspiration no
Ki: 3/3
HD: 3/3
Quarterstaff +5, 1d8+3
Unarmed/Radiant Bolt +5, 1d4+3
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...otA-Campiagn&p=6897912&viewfull=1#post6897912
[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ed598l.jpg

Road to Womford
Morning

“One of them is already disturbed,” Errol told Ilvellios. “We will just see what it tells us and put it back,” he assured the elf. “We need to figure out who these are.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Errol Dax
AC: 15
HP: 28/28 +5 thp
Superiority Dice: 4/4 @ d8 (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 40/40
[/sblock]

TallIan

Explorer
A cursory examination of the graves shows that the dead have not so much been laid to rest as they have been disposed of and concealed. The partially scavenged corpse appears to be that of a dwarf, the tattered remains of a fine robe decorated with hammer and anvil signals suggest a high status commoner, someone high in a guild hierarchy perhaps.

The graves are mostly shallow scoops of earth with rocks piled on top, it is easy enough to uncover without the aid of digging tools. The second grave holds a human woman dressed in a red surcoat with a symbol of a black axe on it. Her and the dwarf appear to have been killed from behind. T

he third grave contains a human man dressed in strange armour, it looks similar to plate mail but is made of stone. There is no apparent means of holding the armour together or on to the wearer and any blow to the armour would surely shatter the stone. He appears to have been killed by arrows. Over the left breast is a symbol etched into the stone that Ilvelios and JV will recognise from the cavern in Red Larch. Earth

The final grave contains another human man dressed in white robes with a feather mantle. He appears to have been killed my a mace or similar weapon. He also has a symbol on the left breast of his robe, though this one is different. Air

[SBLOCK=History Check 10+] For those who roll a 10 or more on a knowledge history check the woman's surcoat is the uniform of the Mirabar army.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Detect Magic]A detect magic spell will reveal a residual aura of magic on the stony armour, though the magic is fading[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ed598l.jpg

Road to Womford
Morning

As they uncovered the dead, Errol studied them. He didn’t recognize the woman or dwarf’s regalia, and the stone armor was strange.

“Anyone make anything out?” he asked the others.

[sblock=Actions]
Action: History: 1D20 = [7] = 7
Move:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Errol Dax
AC: 15
HP: 28/28 +5 thp
Superiority Dice: 4/4 @ d8 (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 40/40
[/sblock]

Thateous

Explorer
JV removes the parchment he sketched on earlier and held it up to the symbol etched on the man's armor. "An exact match!" he said, a little too loudly perhaps. He then moved over to the white robed man and began to copy the symbol on his robe. "What does it all mean?" he said aloud.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Yavathol

Explorer

"What a motley collection of cadavers..I recognise that symbol on the stone armor, saw it in the Red Larch sinkhole but don't know what it means. Since there are no tracks leading away, the survivors must have flown away or used magical transport."

OOC:
[roll0]

[sblock]Ilvellios hp 21/21 thp: 5/5
Str +0(+2 Saves), Dex +3(+5 Saves), Con +1, Int +0, Wis +2, Cha -1
Acrobatics +5, Survival +5, Stealth +5, Insight +5, Perception +5
AC 16
Inspiration no
Ki: 3/3
HD: 3/3
Quarterstaff +5, 1d8+3
Unarmed/Radiant Bolt +5, 1d4+3
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...otA-Campiagn&p=6897912&viewfull=1#post6897912
[/sblock]

TallIan

Explorer
GM: Forgot to add that although Snikkelfritz has never seen the symbol before, he's heard a description that could be the symbol on the stony armour in his quest to find the earthshattering blow.

TallIan

Explorer
No need to roll. From your search you have heard of a monastic order called the Order of the Sacred Stone, they could be identified by a symbol of a triangle with a mark in the centre, but you have never seen it. They use powerful earth based magic capable of holding off attacks or shattering the very ground your enemy walks on.

None of the information you could find is more than about 5 years old and the Order of the Sacred Stone seem to have a feud with another monastic order because they are "flighty" and "unreliable" but you couldn't find lot of information on them.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Remove ads