D&D 5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

TallIan

Explorer
The book is one of several volumes covering, in great detail, the history and genealogy of Mirabar.

It stands out as very new written within the last year, and of exceptional quality, thick gilt edged vellum pages bound in fine leather with gilded clasps. The writing is without the slightest fault and the illuminations are works of art in their own right.

It is a shame not to have the other volumes, though only the richest Lords could afford a whole set of books of this quality.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Yavathol

Explorer

In the morning, Ilvellios met up with the others and ate his usual frugal breakfast of oats and fruit.
"It sounds like we have investigated as much as we can, here in Red Larch. Is everyone ready to check out that tower we saw near the grave site?"

[sblock]Ilvellios hp 21/21 thp: 5/5
Str +0(+2 Saves), Dex +3(+5 Saves), Con +1, Int +0, Wis +2, Cha -1
Acrobatics +5, Survival +5, Stealth +5, Insight +5, Perception +5
AC 16
Inspiration no
Ki: 3/3
HD: 3/3
Quarterstaff +5, 1d8+3
Unarmed/Radiant Bolt +5, 1d4+3
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...otA-Campiagn&p=6897912&viewfull=1#post6897912
[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ed598l.jpg

Red Larch
Morning

Errol finished his own plate of eggs and sausage and sipped his coffee. “I am ready,” he said. He ordered some salted meat, bread, cheese, and a skin of wine prepared for the trip. Better than rations, anyway, for lunch. “Does anyone need to get anything in town before we leave?” he asked as he tucked the food away in his pack and refilled his waterskin.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Errol Dax
AC: 15
HP: 28/28
Superiority Dice: 4/4 @ d8 (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 40/40
[/sblock]

TallIan

Explorer
Morning to Midday, East of Red Larch

The part set off towards Feathergale Spire. Around the place where they found the shallow graves, the party breaks track and heads northeast towards the spire in the distance. The terrain pushes you further east than north and the Spire disappears from few for a while.

When it comes back into view you are directly south of it, with a river to the east meandering through a rocky valley. A little under a mile away you can see the tower looming over the valley from it's own rocky outcropping. Circling the tower are two large flying creatures with riders. The tower offers an excellent view of the valley, but the rugged terrain also offers plenty of cover - especially at night - and leaves you with a very long climb up the cliff.

There is also a western route that would take you along the top of the cliff to the tower, but the top of the cliff offers only open grassland - making the journey both easier to do and be seen - and would take you to what appears to be the front gate.

GM: I forgot to ask for a navigation type check to get here, but in the interest of keeping things moving I've just done the rolls for you.

Let me know which way you want to go from here

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ed598l.jpg

Feathergale Spire
Midday

As the group traveled, Errol gave them some encouragement, thanking them for the information they had found and they help they were giving.

[sblock=OOC:] Inspiring Leader - everyone gains 5 thp[/sblock]

Errol paused and shielded his eyes, watching the two flyers. “Nice place,” he observed, taking in the tactical layout. He wondered what had brought Savra Belabranta out here.

“Well, no sense in waiting,” Errol said, turning to take the western path that led along the cliff top around to the front of the tower. “Let’s see what they know.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

Errol Dax
HP: 28/28 +5 thp
[/sblock]

Yavathol

Explorer

Ilvellios shrugged, and followed Errol, "We're not trying to attack or deceive the inhabitants or anything, so I guess there is no harm in being obvious about about our approach. If they attack us without provocation then we can try to withdraw and take a different approach."

As he travelled along the road, he looked for tracks. Back in Red Larch, they had learnt that the tower sometimes received supply wagons, which would presumably have used this same approach, and he was curious how long it had been since the last wagon had passed this way.

OOC:
looking for tracks with Survival or Perception:
[roll0]

AC 16
Inspiration no
Quarterstaff +5, 1d8+3
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...otA-Campiagn&p=6897912&viewfull=1#post6897912
[/sblock]

TallIan

Explorer
As the three of you walk along the edge of the bluff you notice three more giant birds with riders take flight from the top of the Spire. They circle between you and the Spire, clearly keeping watch and staying out of bow shot.

Ilvellious spots the occasional pile of animal dung and one or two ruts caused by wagon wheels, but nothing recent.

Feathergale Spire rises from a pillar of rock high into the air, the tallest point for miles. Built from white limestone, the spire resembles a gleaming sword that pierces the sky.

The gatehouse faces the opposite cliff, its drawbridge the only obvious point of entry. A circle of open stalls rings the tower's foundation where the it meets the rock. Above each stall a statue of a hippogriff in flight leaps from tower's base.

The drawbridge stands open, but the gate is closed, as you approach a small port opens and you are greeted by a woman wearing light blue scale mail with the air symbol on it. "Good afternoon, I am Svara of the Feathergale Society. Might I enquire as to your business this far into the Sumer Hills?"

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ed598l.jpg

Feathergale Spire
Midday

Errol nodded in agreement with Ilvellios. “We wouldn’t want to make our hosts less welcoming by sneaking around,” he said.

They reached the drawbridge and gate. The bridge was down, but the gate was closed. A port opened and they were greeted by a woman in light blue scale armor with the odd Air rune on it.

"Good afternoon. I am Savra of the Feathergale Society. Might I enquire as to your business this far into the Sumber Hills?"

Errol raised an eyebrow at the name. “Savra Belabranta?” he asked. He pulled out the drawing of her he had been given to check against her appearance. “I am Errol Dax, from Waterdeep. My companions and I were asked to look into the disappearance of a trade delegation from Mirabar that disappeared in the area. We found evidence that they were attacked near here and were hoping perhaps you or your fellows had seen anything that might aid our determining what happened to the Mirabarrans.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

Errol Dax
HP: 28/28 +5 thp
[/sblock]

Yavathol

Explorer

Ilvellios is quite impressed by the finary of her outfit, and a little puzzled that Errol seems to have of her, but keeps quiet and observes her reaction.

While Errol keeps her occupied, Ilvellios carefully looks over the tower, assessing its strengths, looking for any weaknessess or signs that it had ever actually been attacked in its lifetime.

OOC:

Rolls as requested,

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

AC 16
Inspiration no
Quarterstaff +5, 1d8+3
[/sblock]

Remove ads