DMs Guild Porting DMs Guild Adventures to Fantasy Gounds

Yarik

Explorer
I recently ported my adventure Hand of the Wychlaran to Fantasy Grounds and put it up on the DMs Guild. The guidelines in the FAQ suggest disabling your old product after you create a new one for Fantasy Grounds on the website, but I opted not to go this route.

Instead, I made Hand of the Wychlaran, available as a separate product that includes the Fantasy Grounds module file AND a copy of the PDF. I also decided to charge more for it ($4.99, instead of $2.99).

I know from personal experience that having an adventure all ready to run in Fantasy Grounds is a HUGE time saver, so I believe the added cost is justified. I'm also not certain that every adventure should come with a free port to Fantasy Grounds, even if it could potentially generate additional sales. It seems like authors should receive compensation if they take the time to create a Fantasy Grounds version or pay someone to do it for them.

Making the adventures separate products should also allow me to easily see how interested folks are in the Fantasy Grounds version vs. the traditional PDF. I don't see an issue with doing this, because everyone still gets a cut of the profits, and buyers have the choice of spending more to save time. It should be an interesting experiment. Thoughts?

HotW.jpg

I've been contemplating the same. But my thoughts tend towards instead of charging more for the FG version and including the pdf (which really isn't needed if you have the FG version), I would think to sell them as separate products. The pdf version and the FG version.

Yarik

Explorer
If it's a good port, you probably don't need a PDF, but it's still nice, as it lets the DM read the adventure ahead of time on an tablet or other device if they like.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases