Hunter: the Vigil - I Left My Soul in San Francisco - Luke Chen - Prelude [Restart]

Jago

Explorer
~ Luke was tired, but determined to see this through to the end, whatever "end" that may be. Upon spying the guards, he strode up to the door, holding up a hand while very slowly opening his jacket and revealing the brown-paper box inside. Procuring it, the courier stopped short of the door and held the package aloft.

" Special delivery for Lu Wong," he declared in a flat deadpan, " And I need to see the man myself. None of this 'I'll make sure it gets to him' business, yeah?" ~

Insight

Adventurer
The guards whisper to themselves. One, the bigger one, keeps an eye on Luke while the other, the smarter looking one, goes into the hotel room.

OOC: Have Luke make a Perception roll.

Jago

Explorer
~ Luke turned immediately to face the sound, still jittery and on-edge from the night's events. Slowly, he backed towards the guard, knowing that if it came down to it, he'd rather the big enforcer took the bullet rather than his frail, student body.

" Were you expecting anyone else?" he asked of the guard in Cantonese, not willing to use English lest the elevator's occupants deduce that he was wary. ~

Insight

Adventurer
"It will be ourssssss...." a sickeningly slithery voice says from down a darkened hall.

The guard looks at Luke and then shrugs. He looks back down the corridor.

The lights in the hallway go OUT and the entire place is plunged into darkness.

Luke hears the sounds of steps, multiple steps, as SOMETHING approaches quickly.

Jago

Explorer
~ Luke immediately freaked out: already on edge from what had happened in the park, the shove into darkness and tormenting sound of oncoming danger finally sending him into full-blown panic. Whether the guard was in the way or not, Luke screamed and tried to shove his way into Room 686, desperate to get away, desperate for a sense of safety.

" Móguǐ!" he shouted in horror, calling the approaching fiend what it was, what it had to be: A Monster.

" Móguǐ! Móguǐ!" ~

Insight

Adventurer
The guard is frozen in place and stands right in front of the door.

OOC: Make a Strength + Brawl check to get past him. Luke will need 3 successes to do it before something else happens.

Steps, scraping against the hotel corridor carpet. "It will be oursssss...." an eerie voice says again.

Jago

Explorer
~ " Move! Move Godda-Forget it!"

Rather than mess with the guard, Luke was out of here, package and all: he took off down the hallway, looking for stairs, anything to get down and away and home and to forget this entire night. He stumbled in the dark, knocking into walls, his feet not feeling like his own. He didn't even know what he was running from, just that he was running and this seemed like the best decision at the time.

OOC: Not sure if this is a Speed check, but here is one just in case:
Speed Roll: 9d10o10h8 0 Successes

Insight

Adventurer
Luke, amidst the darkness and unfamiliar surroundings, stumbles into a side table and some leftovers from someone's room service dinner. As Luke goes, desperately feeling his way, he hears an eerie hissing noise, almost like a snake, directly in his ear. The noise does not get any quieter as Luke tries to get away.

Scraping steps chase Luke, but he is faster than whatever is pursuing him. Luke makes it to where he believes the elevator should be. He feels for the metal plate where the buttons are. Of course, there's no light in here, so perhaps the power to the elevator isn't working, either. Luke finds the elevator buttons and presses once, twice, three times, but nothing happens!

"It will be oursssss...." the hissing voice says in Luke's ear. There is a slithering sound, like a serpent's tail, coming right up next to Luke. He knows that, somewhere, perhaps nearby, there should be a stairwell to get out of this place. Of course, there may be other ways to get out, as well.

Remove ads