Hunter: the Vigil - I Left My Soul in San Francisco - Renata Hodges - Prelude [Restart]

Insight

Adventurer
The van driver moans as he tries to get up. "What the f---" he says. "Who the hell are you, bitch?" It is obvious that the driver is still a bit groggy from Renata's strike, but he appears ready to pursue her.

Renata peeks her head into the van's driver side window. She can see that the cargo / side door is still open. Someone is standing on the other side of the van. Renata recognizes this as one of the attackers (the other one is still wherever the attack took place, cause he didn't get in the van). Renata can also see a young woman, covered in blood-soaked bandages, lying on the floor of the van. The woman appears to be conscious, but in shock.

Shayuri

First Post
Key. I need the keys. He probably has the keys. I'm not done with him yet. Those drugged up guys seemed kind of zonked...slow...maybe I have time for this.

She looked down at him and put a finger to her lips. "Shh."

And to drive the point home, she kicked him across the face!

Kickbox!: 8d10h8 2

Insight

Adventurer
OOC: I'm assuming that Renata is still attacking the van driver.

Renata kicks the driver across the face. The scraggly man takes the shot fairly well, and stumbles in place. "What the --" he says as he finally drops and doesn't get back up.

Renata quickly rifles through the driver's pockets and finds the keys, no problem.

But then... Renata hears a heavy door opening from somewhere nearby. Renata knows that there are warehouses in the vicinity and perhaps, she reasons, that someone may be coming from one of the warehouses.

And while this is going on, Renata sees that the man that lumbered out of the van's side cargo door was now on his feet and is rounding the van to approach Renata's current position.

Shayuri

First Post
As much as more scrapping might soothe the soul, Renata had someone in the van depending on her. The best solution would be to get some distance, fast. Then she could pop out, close the side panel, and then drive way the hell out of the way until her passenger woke up and they had a talk about her options.

Not much of a plan, but hey...it'd gotten her this far, right? She wasn't sure that was a good thing or not at this point.

Renata yanked the driver's side door open, scooted in, and slammed the key home into the ignition without even fastening her seat belt.

Panel's on the right side, so don't turn left, don't turn left. Turning right's okay, that'll push her to the left away from the door. Only turn right.

Repeating that mantra to herself, she twisted the key and prepared to gun that van's engine and ride it to freaking Valhalla.

Insight

Adventurer
As Renata pulls away, she hears a THUMP in the back of the van. Someone or someTHING jumped into the back.

Renata hears the woman cry out. "It's back!"

Traffic on the roads this evening is not particularly heavy, but it should worry Renata that she has a loose hostile in her vehicle.

Shayuri

First Post
Damnit! she thought as she jammed the accelerator down, hoping to knock the guy off balance and buy a little time...while getting some distance in the process. She'd have to stop and get out and deal with him, but didn't want to do it in a place where reinforcements would be showing up.

This had gone so very wrong in so many ways!

"I'm getting some distance!" Renata called back over her shoulder. "Hold him off just a minute!"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases