Is the Pathfinder Core Rulebook Too Big For You? Check Out These Pocket Editions!

Paizo has just announced new softcover pocket editions for the Pathfinder Core Rulebook and the first Bestiary. They have the same page count and content, but are just 6.5 inches by 8.4 inches (the type and images are smaller, and the paper is thinner). The price is smaller, too - $24.99 for the core rules and $19.99 for the Bestiary. You can get 'em direct from Paizo - click on the images below!

Paizo has just announced new softcover pocket editions for the Pathfinder Core Rulebook and the first Bestiary. They have the same page count and content, but are just 6.5 inches by 8.4 inches (the type and images are smaller, and the paper is thinner). The price is smaller, too - $24.99 for the core rules and $19.99 for the Bestiary. You can get 'em direct from Paizo - click on the images below!

bdd43d17-fcaf-4649-a6c2-f465b9d977dd.jpg

fd4c8132-e3f6-4018-a7b7-35f83c85741b.jpg

How so? 4E essentials were paperbacks, weren't they? Chris Perkins, IIRC, also talked about paperback versions of 5e with no graphics way way back.
You can print a B+W paperback version of the Basic Rules on Lulu for like $7. If you go smaller and digest, it's likely cheaper still.

Not exactly new - I saw these in Powell's Books a few weeks ago.

If you need reading glasses for small print, grab your glasses - they are scaled down.

I am far more enthusiastic about the Dungeon Crawl Classics 4th Printing Softcover edition. The price is virtually the same, and its full sized. If you don't want to pony up for a hardcover DCCRPG, the softcover is really a good deal.

delericho

Legend
Yeah, I saw these in Glasgow last time I was there... in mid-August. They looked very nice, but they are rather large to be considered "pocket sized".

But as [MENTION=6801401]HawaiiSteveO[/MENTION] says, if WotC were ever to do 5e equivalents, I'd probably get a set.

Remove ads

Remove ads