D&D 5E To The Strongest: A Mercenary Story

Thateous

Explorer
OOC: Nah let's just destroy them tonight. All this stealth talk goes right out the window the second we've been found out.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

"Are we going to continue to debate this or should we get the troops to break camp?"

Feyson looks at the others if someone didn't take initiative they would debate this until Patroklos was knocking on their doorstep.

"Let us move we can rendezvous here." Feyson indicates a spot on the map outside of the known patrol range. "We can setup a HQ here and send scouts before we move on the fort. We lose advantage the longer we wait."

Trogdor1992

First Post
"Agreed, brother. I tire of waiting here, we may as well at least advance our camp closer" the half-elf says in response.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Tapatalk

Jago

Explorer
mon_256.png

Throughout the meeting, Captain Basileios had been standing by silently. He was merely there on General Thalassa's behalf: it was not his place to interfere in the Wolves' strategies. Once it seemed as though the mercenaries were ready to commit their forces to active scouting and relocation, he finally cleared his throat. Shifting a bit in his linothorax, the human made sure to look at each of the Wolf Officers.

" I would say it seems as though you are prepared enough for this. If it pleases your company, I shall return to my General and make sure that the Spears of Foslo are prepared to move out and support you once we hear word of your success."

A slight pause. Basileios scratched at his nonexistent beard.

" However, I would warn against causing too much destruction to the walls of the fort itself: if Patroklos was to counter attack, any gap in the defenses of the fort may spell peril for your troops. Likewise, if the wall must be destroyed, you may be able to dismantle some of the siege equipment on the Watchtowers and repurpose it for your own devices within the walls."

The Captain placed a fist over his chest and inclined respectfully at the waist.

" If there is nothing further, I suggest you begin moving out. I will report the movements of Patroklos's forces along the river to Thalassa and see if we cannot curb some of the tide."

GM: You may RP yourselves in gathering up your forces and moving out. To successfully scout your new camp site and make sure it is secure, you're going to need at least 5 Successes on a DC 20 Survival or Perception Check between yourselves and your assembled troops. If you want to hide your movements better, you'll need at least 5 Successes on a DC 20 Stealth Check, again totaling between yourselves and your troops.

River Song

Explorer
Theo gathered his men to him, "Nico, assemble the troops."he orders his second. He waited in the sun with he helmet tucked under one arm, watching with pride as he troops assembled swiftly in ranks. A smile tried to steal it's way across his face but he stifled it, shooing a fly away to mask any movement of his face.

"Wolves!"
​he called them to attention with a command. "My wolves, we have our new contract! Our value is appreciated by all, even our enemy tries to hire us; that is how much fear you instil in your foes!

The enemy cowers behind walls, they are afraid of our pack our ability to hunt them and bring them to the ground. We shall take those walls from them and make it OUR den! We will make it OUR land! The curs will undoubtedly fight but never forget that you are the wolf's iron jaws and our enemy has bared it's neck, we march to battle, to glory, to riches!"

OOC: theo spends some time talking to the troops after dismissing them to Inspire them each stand gets an extra 7 temp hitpoints

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases