2e: The Untamed Wilds: The Caravan Campaign (recruiting, closed)

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Ok, so if I'm reading this correctly, the "Affect" part (Mind + Will, which in Merin's case is 14) is a static number, that will be used in the same manner as base weapon damage, i.e., the "strength" of the attack.

So let's assume Merin rolls a 62 on the dice.

That would be:

62+10+10+1+3+4+10+1 = 101

And let's assume that the opponent's total resistance (including the die roll) comes out to 47.

101 - 47 = 54

Would that mean that the opponent takes 54% of 14 points damage to his mind?

(i.e., 14 x 0.54 = 7.56 = Round up to 8?) 8 points worth of mental damage from a Paralyze attack?

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Yep! You got it. I've made little tweaks to the system here and there as we play. In this instance I have exchanged adhesion with cohesion.

Cohesion will be the factor when determining mental attacks.

Adhesion will be for essence.

Confluence will be for physical damage using way, in technical terms reducing the Body score.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Ok, so, I need a few clarifications:

For Combat Sequencing:
Hindrance = Time (for Way) or Speed (for Weapons) or both.

So...

Let's say I want to do both; I want to charge my blade with lightning, and then swing it at someone.

I know how to do the combat sequencing; I simply add my Time and my Speed together.

But how do I attack?

Assuming my sword does 30 Damage:

Tor's Mind + Will = 13

So, I'm Assuming 30 Physical Damage, 13 Electrical...

I roll my attack first? So...

d100 (Let's assume a roll of 50) + 30+4+5+2+1+21+0+0+0+0+0 = 50 + 63 = 113

Then I roll my generate electricity...

d100 (Let's assume a high roll... say... 89) + 10+10+2+1+3+7+0 = 89+ 33 = 122

-------------------------

So let's say my opponent's skin is tougher than an elephant's. His total resistance, including his roll, comes out to 101.

113 - 101 = (0.12 x 30) = 3.6 = 4 pts.

So I inflict a measly 4 pts. physical.

BUT

Let's say my opponent rolled poorly on his Resist Electrical... everything, including his roll, comes out to 21.

122-21 = 101 = (1.01 x 13) = 13.13 = 13 pts.

So although my sword was ineffective against his hide, my opponent took full damage from the electrical aspect of my blade.

Thus, my opponent suffered 13 points electrical, and 4 points physical from my attack.

And all of this was the result of 1 swing of my sword.

Is that how it works?

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
When combining destructive interference of manipulating way (damaging magic) to a physical attack. I have been using the same d100 rather than ask for another roll. Now that I have a dice pool, I can simply pull 2 rolls.

4 points of physical damage is not measly in this system. A body, any body, can only withstand 10 points of damage.

With the addition of 13 more points of damage from lightning. Your opponent is now incapacitated, but neither dead nor dying.

Body(10) - 4 = 6 - 13 = -7 incapacitated
Mind(10) - 7 = 3 conscious but mentally hindered

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases