Pathfinder 1E [IC] - TIDERULER OF MARAN

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Nerath Wall/Long Return
Night
Round 0

Reflex save: 1D20+2 = [2]+2 = 4

Morgrym growled and moved to the dwarven lass to check on her. This whole damn place needed to be burned to the ground, all these disgusting oozes killed.

“Easy, lass,” Morgrym murmured, covering her with his cloak.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 55/59 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)
CMD: 16 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 8 Ref: 2 Will: 8 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA; +4 v fey and plant effects)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 9/10 bullets
Storm Burst 7/7/day
Wild Shape 1/1/day

Conditions: Barkskin 496r (AC 19/13/16)

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1: Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Faerie Fire, [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain)*, Barkskin*, Flaming Sphere*, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
3: Call Lightning (Domain), Cure Moderate Wounds, Protection from Energy*, [Summon Nature’s Ally III (Spontaneous)][/sblock]

Archon Basileus

First Post
EVERYONE

As Morgrym approaches the woman, a tendril leaps to reach out for him, and it would have succeeded if it hadn't abandoned its purpose midway. Morgrym is allowed to tend to the woman unmolested. She doesn't respond, though, remaining unconscious even after his contact.

"Can you feed on animals? What exactly are your requirements? Could you, or more accurately, would you serve as flock protectors, caravan guards or similar by possessing the animals involved? How long can you stay in someone before it is unable to live without you? And do you completely dominate or co-exist in the host?"

The creature studies Marius' words, mostly confused by his line of thinking, apparently.

"Animals." - it reaches for the closest, most familiar word. "We have communed with animals. We have communed with boars. With pigs. For ages, we lived without knowledge. We lived without understanding. Now, we understand. Now, we commune with people. People feed us. People help us think. We cannot go back. We need people. Without people, we survive; with people..." - it seems to meditate for a while before continuing. "With people... we live. For weeks. Months, sometimes. But we live. We... think. We... choose."

The creature halts for a second. After what seems to be a huge amount of effort, it finally speaks once more.

"We can go. We can live, moving around. But we can't live without people. We can only... Survive. Would you choose to survive... instead of live? Instead of choose?" - the voice still sounds somewhat detached and inhuman.
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Nerath Wall/Long Return
Night
Round 0

“An’ there’s the rub,” Morgrym said, moving the young woman out of the way to safety. “We cannae let ye gae aroon’ feedin’ on people.

Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Storm Burst 7/7/day
Wild Shape 1/1/day

Spells Prepared
1: Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Faerie Fire, [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain)*, Barkskin*, Flaming Sphere*, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
3: Call Lightning (Domain), Cure Moderate Wounds, Protection from Energy*, [Summon Nature’s Ally III (Spontaneous)][/sblock]

"I wouldn't mind it. Assuming it is really voluntary, who are you to disallow it. Problem arises when that becomes established cultural practice and benefits from ooze protection make people weak and afraid, dependant upon that security. That is the moment society creates rituals and pressures members into volunteering or even prearranging the sacrifices" As always half-orc eloquence sounds jarring for those expecting warrior like brute, but his thinking is always toward strong, independent people, not weaklings depending on others.

Turning to spokeooze (is he spokesperson or intelligence comes from the host?): "Can you take the host in the middle of the battle? For example, you take weak, failing host into the battle. It is destroyed and you emerge surrounded by those who slew it. Can you 'take' one of them? Would it change your allegiance? Or personality? Do you depend on the host attributes? Strength, intelligence, fortitude etc?"

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Nerath Wall/Long Return
Night
Round 0

Morgrym shot Hagadark a glare. “Dwarves ain’t food,” he growled. “‘Specially innocent lasses. An’ ye ‘eard the man. This ain’t voluntary.”

Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Storm Burst 7/7/day
Wild Shape 1/1/day

Spells Prepared

Nerath Wall/Long Return
Night
Round 0

Morgrym shot Hagadark a glare. “Dwarves ain’t food,” he growled. “‘Specially innocent lasses. An’ ye ‘eard the man. This ain’t voluntary.”

Hagadark looks back with equanimity.
"I didn't say that. I said I wouldn't object to such practice IF it was voluntary. I can see some orc tribes dealing with this on capability basis. If you cannot live by yourself, you can live as a host. If the creatures don't depend to much on the host for locomotion or abilities. You could have crippled, maimed or otherwise disabled tribe members still being useful. Pink-skins are usually too squeamish for that."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Ummm, yes. We would be too squeamish, Hagadark. Because, while community comes before individual, the individual still has a right for well-being. And if we inform Dram, we'll just create more chances for wrong-doing." Marius looks at the orc in wonder
"Is it possible they are that selfless? Or is it that they kill their weak?" he thinks.

"Look, we can come to agreement if you answer our questions. But taking these refugees without permission is wrong. Consider what you just said, you want to live, you choose to live. But if you take that choice from others, you are monsters, regardless of the form. If you talk, negotiate, convince...that is civilized. Taking the choice away should be stomped out at any time, place or situation."

Archon Basileus

First Post
EVERYONE

The thing seems to consider everyone's words for a moment. It tilts the halfling' head as Morgrym mentions 'food'. It doesn't seem to understand it fully.

"Can you take the host in the middle of the battle? For example, you take weak, failing host into the battle. It is destroyed and you emerge surrounded by those who slew it. Can you 'take' one of them? Would it change your allegiance? Or personality? Do you depend on the host attributes? Strength, intelligence, fortitude etc?"

"It is possible. It was done. Before. Once. We took the failed. We made them strong. We fought even more. But it was long ago. Before the caves. Before we.... Split." - the tendrils seem to recoil a bit, the surrounding area leaving the noise behind.

"Look, we can come to agreement if you answer our questions. But taking these refugees without permission is wrong. Consider what you just said, you want to live, you choose to live. But if you take that choice from others, you are monsters, regardless of the form. If you talk, negotiate, convince...that is civilized. Taking the choice away should be stomped out at any time, place or situation."

"We can't travel alone. Too slow. Too dangerous. We can leave. We do not wish to take by force. Taking by force brings hate. Hate brings death. It happened before. When big mass got greedy. But we must go somewhere. We can't return to big mass. We need new place. If be animals, we'll be like animals. If be..." - it stops for a second - "like you, we'd be more like you. Lead us. To youor weak. To others. We leave. But we need to ensure we live."
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I'm glad you understand that. However, you didn't answer the rest of the questions posed by our shaman. Do you depend on host abilities? Physical, mental, whichever? Can you use magic if the user knows magic?" Marius is troubled. On one hand, he cannot leave the girls here. On the other, they are surrounded and weakened.

He ponders the dilemma as he waits for the answer.
"I have an idea, you will have to answer if that is acceptable for you. You can live inside the host to get mobility and maybe other abilites. But do you have to feed off the host? Lets say I let you in. You get to be in my body. But do you have to eat my body? After all, we take food for processing...or maybe you could get out, feed and then return without harming the host. That way for all important things you have what you need and the host stays alive. That is of course if you can live WITH the host and not dominate him completely. I am willing to try it if one of you promises to leave in couple of minutes. This is just a test. I am willing to serve as transport if neccessary. Mourgrym, wake up the girl. Shayuri, make sure I get released after couple of minutes. Hagadark, bind my legs together, just in case."

Remove ads