Pathfinder 1E [IC] - TIDERULER OF MARAN

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.

[Also, please let me know if the pacing is nice and the prologue is interesting! I'm aiming to please and I'll be glad to adapt to your tastes! I intend to make the game more political from the first chapter on - we're about to begin - alongside the epic theme, so please let me know if yoou guys like it so far, ok?]

OOC: Typical, really, I have two characters that prefer diplomacy and non-violent solutions - and they are both in parties where some shoot first and ask questions later. Now I get into an adventure with more politics and I have -1 CHA character that doesn't have a diplomatic bone in his body :)

You're doing fine, Archon. I must admin I was worried simply due to number of enemies. But they seemed unable to hit us :) Bad luck for them...

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Maran/Helen’s Fortune/Cellars
Night
Round 0

With the icthians down, Morgrym dismissed the fog cloud that obscured the area. He grunted and wiped his axe clean on one of the bodies.

“Parley?” The dwarf spat to the side. “Tha’ assumes yeh got somethin’ we want. Why d’we need yeh?” He looked up at the mysterious hooded figure. “An’ oo’s the broad?” he asked suspiciously. She’d pulled arrows out of the ichthians, so she seemed to be friendly enough, at at least.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 39/39 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)(Barkskin: +2)
CMD: 15 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 7 Ref: 2 Will: 7 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 10/10 bullets
Storm Burst 7/7

Conditions: Barkskin 30m, Fog Cloud 30m

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1. Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Shillelagh, Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)
2: Fog Cloud (Domain)*, Barkskin,* Flaming Sphere, Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)
[/sblock]

Jago

Explorer
" I dunno who she is, my Dwarven Friend," Reynard admitted, a playful grin evident in the rise of pitch in his voice, " But by the Gods, I'd certainly like to get to know her."

He strode forward, keeping the pistol held loosely in his hand and tipping his hat to their archer-friend while coming to stand beside Marius. The powder-coated tip of the barrel in his grip was used to tip his hat backwards, letting it slide down his back and be held against his neck by the string.

" Seems like you're outnumbered, Shaman. Tricking people ain't exactly a way to a long and healthy life: Morgrym has it right, what could you possibly give us and why should we even trust you?"

He made a gesture over to the archer woman to emphasize his point.

" We don't even need you to get out of here; clearly she got in, so there's definitely a way out. You've got nothing left to 'parley', omae; lay down your weapons and walk away, and I won't have to put another fist-sized hole in one of your friends, yeah?"

OOC: Agreed with Neurotic: story and game are great so far, really enjoying your style of GM. Although I had to go back and edit because I realized I wasn't using my talking color >.> Sorry about that, Neurotic

[sblock=Actions] Move: Map Updated (assuming we are out of combat, original position left with a Strikeout incase I need to undo.[/sblock]

[sblock=Reynard's Stats]
Character Sheet

HP: 25/25
Condition: Normal
Initiative: +6
Perception: +9

AC: 18 Flat: 13 Touch: 18
Fort: 7 Reflex: 10 Will: 7

In Hand: Pistol, Cosim Camman Denoctusd

Pistol (Mwk): +7, 1d8/x4
Chakrams: +6, 1d8/x2
- Flurry of Throws: +4/+4
Unarmed Strike: +6, 1d6

Paper Cartridges: 66/70
Entangling Shot: 5/5
Flare Cartridges: 5/5

Grit: 3/3
Deeds:
Gunslinger's Dodge
Quick Clear
Up Close And Deadly

[sblock=Adventure Notes]
Game Info: We have a dagger and apparently lizards want it. But they can't have it.

[/sblock][/sblock]

Neurotic

"Maybe our new friend should speak first, to see if we need this...person."
Marius turns toward cloaked figure and bows from the waist, right hand shaped like a claw in front of his chest, the left hiding it, presenting only flat back of the palm with fingers pointing to the right to the archer.
"I am Marius."

Jago

Explorer
" Ah, right; manners. Where are mine?" Reynard asked aloud, shaking his head. Though he kept his body towards the Shaman and his pistol tight in his hand, he cocked his head over his shoulder, throwing a smile towards their newfound ally (at least, he hoped it was their ally).

" Reynard, Reyanrd Daergel. A pleasure."

Archon Basileus

First Post
EVERYONE

The archer bows her head in response to the trio – Va’Arahkir seems distracted rummaging through the fallen enemies’ things as he mumbles about the stench of fish in his draconic dialect. “I am Arvana…” – she rearranges her bow, a fine composite piece, over her shoulder. “Your kind called me Seamaiden, when we first met, even though I believe it means nothing right now.” – she glances towards the shaman, pointing towards him with a nod. “He’ll try to con you.” – she laughs faintly under her covers.

“Ooh, how quick you sshheeeeed ssskin, maiden….” – the shaman answers, pointing towards the woman. “Jussst a while ago, were you not in audienccce with the lady? Bought your way through our ranksss, you have…. Have you not? Tried to harnesssss our favor, coveted the Lady’sss advice. Clearly, though, ssshe isss no longer sssacred to you…. No more ressspect will come from you, yessss? You have what you wanted, and ssso your allegiancess have changed…. Sssooo gullible! How could you, ssstrong landwalkersss, trust her? Yesss, massster dwarf, you need me.... Sssshe'll lead you to an early grave, that'sss all....” – he looks towards the three, studying their reactions.

“Who says I trust them?” – Arvana responds, a mocking disposition shown in her single exposed eye. “Besides, I do not need them. As you said, I got what I came for.” – she turns away from the caster, making a clear point at ignoring him from then on. “Now, why in Aralu’s name would you come down here with something they want?” – she throws the question to the three men, her single eye fixed on Reynard for some reason. The Shaman mumbles something about “their precious treasure”, but she interrupts him with a sharp ‘shut up’ in her velvet, controlled, voice.

“You have no intention of selling it to them, obviously…” – her eye narrows. “Well… What, then?” – she speaks defiantly, even after the display of strength the companions presented.

[Glad to know it’s pleasing! I’ll hide round info for now and resume data if you choose to post combat actions once more.]

MAP UPDATED

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=2051010950

@Trogdor1992 @Neurotic @KahlessNestor @Jago

Jago

Explorer
" Coming down here was not exactly our plan from the get go, mon ami," Reynard admitted, thinking the shaman at least sufficiently cowed to turn and face Arvana herself.

Strange titles were being thrown about. The Lady, the Seamaiden ... Reynard was not sure if they were familiar or not; his mind was currently focusing on the current situation.

" We were forced to flee from an attack above, some flying, hideous creature. Down here was the only avenue of escape."

How much do we trust her with ..? Well, I suppose no harm in the truth for now ...

Clearing his throat, Reynard went on, meeting Arvana's exposed eye with his own pair.

" We met with a dwarf. Grontar, Grontar Ironsight, whom I fear the worst of at the moment; he may be dead, I'm not sure."

With slow, cautious movements, Reynard signaled he wanted to get something from his pack. Slowly, the gunslinger poked around through his belongings (the light from the still-glowing sunrod poking out here and there) and drew out the dagger given to them by the dwarf, gripping it tight but showing it regardless.

" Is this what you're talking about, Miss Arvana? I've no reason why the Ichtians want it badly enough to die for it, but it was entrusted to ourselves and I plan on protecting it, for now."

He cocked an eyebrow at the woman, noting some of her words.

" Although it seems you wanted something badly enough to associate with Ichtians in the first place. What exactly did they give you ..?"

[sblock=Some Rolls]Reynard is trying to see if the titles "The Lady" or "The Seamaiden" are at all familiar. Unsure what they would be for a roll, so take the first as a Knowledge (Local) and the second as a Knowledge (Religion)
[roll0]
[roll1]

I suppose also a Diplomacy roll in case it is needed, as well as a Sense Motive to see if Arvana's response is on the Up-And-Up
Diplomacy: [roll2]
Sense Motive: [roll3][/sblock]

[sblock=Reynard's Stats]
Character Sheet

HP: 25/25
Condition: Normal
Initiative: +6
Perception: +9

AC: 18 Flat: 13 Touch: 18
Fort: 7 Reflex: 10 Will: 7

In Hand: Pistol, Cosim Camman Denoctusd

Pistol (Mwk): +7, 1d8/x4
Chakrams: +6, 1d8/x2
- Flurry of Throws: +4/+4
Unarmed Strike: +6, 1d6

Paper Cartridges: 66/70
Entangling Shot: 5/5
Flare Cartridges: 5/5

Grit: 3/3
Deeds:
Gunslinger's Dodge
Quick Clear
Up Close And Deadly

[sblock=Adventure Notes]
Game Info: We have a dagger and apparently lizards want it. But they can't have it.

[/sblock][/sblock]

Neurotic

OOC: Wow, that's some good rolls.

Leaving diplomacy to his companions, Marius disappears into the shadows, keeping an eye on the surrounding area. He incospiciously checks the statues now that he has time to do so.

OOC: what are statues made of? What do they represent, are they all (at least the two Marius is adjacent to) the same? Any special features? Esp. around eyes, bases or chests (in essence, where anything could be hidden)
[sblock=Skill checks]
Stealth: 1D20+8 = [8]+8 = 16

Perception: 1D20+10 = [12]+10 = 22

[/sblock]

Jago

Explorer
OOC: Save for the Sense Motive: somehow, with a 10 Charisma, Reynard is just smooth enough and yet wonders who could possibly want to lie to that face XD

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Maran/Helen’s Fortune/Cellars
Night
Round 0

"I dunno who she is, my Dwarven Friend," Reynard admitted, a playful grin evident in the rise of pitch in his voice, "But by the Gods, I'd certainly like to get to know her."

Morgrym humphed. “I think that’s yer little pistol talkin’,” he retorted.

Well, it seemed they were making introductions. The dirty dwarf picked his nose, studied his prize, and then flicked it in the direction of the woman. “Morgrym Irontongue,” he grumbled his introduction.

As the others spoke, he studied the woman as well. Reynard seemed infatuated, spilling the beans on everything and pulling out the dagger. Well, Morgrym had no real qualms about putting his axe in her if he needed to, so he would keep his eye on her.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Sense Motive on the woman: 1D20+4 = [15]+4 = 19
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 39/39 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)(Barkskin: +2)
CMD: 15 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 7 Ref: 2 Will: 7 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 10/10 bullets
Storm Burst 7/7

Conditions: Barkskin 30m, Fog Cloud 30m

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1. Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Shillelagh, Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)
2: Fog Cloud (Domain)*, Barkskin,* Flaming Sphere, Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases