Greyhawk: The Golden Era CY 963: EPIC CAMPAIGN - Campaign Logs + RESTORED CAMPAIGN THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nezkrul

First Post
"I'm pretty sure I can handle any single zombies we find, but I'm not sure I can handle a whole bunch of them at once. They were pretty strong." says Jynx.

Sylvar B.

Explorer
To Jynx: Don't fret my swift footed friend, I'll join you in protecting Sphynx as he does what he needs to do. If the Zombies can overtake both of us then perhaps we have been too long in this world anyhow.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Sphynx's Analysis

Pondren pipes up: "There's only one door into this lab. We should just bar it and guard it, and stop acting like we're 10 feet tall and arrow proof." he smiles as he says this, but you get the feeling that he is only half-joking.

Sphynx, True Seeing reveals that there is no hidden script on this side of the wall. However, your keen senses detect (no roll required; your minimum result exceeds the DC by 13) that one of the stones is ever-so-slightly discolored. You press the stone, and the entire, curved, tower wall sinks into the floor, revealing another layer behind it, which is covered in softly-glowing, luminescent runes. Within minutes of studying them, Sphynx (and any other on-looker who is an epic spellcaster) knows exactly what is required.

GM:
The research time and research cost of modifying Fandekar's spell will be 1/10th what it required in the first place: a total of 115,200 gp. worth of magical components and it will require 3 days downtime to write out the complex series of incantations onto a scroll that will have to be read in the middle of re-casting the spell.

Sphynx's assertion that the spell could be modified to have a delayed trigger is correct. Doing so would bring the cost up to 130,000 gp. in components, and scroll is still doable in 3 days of downtime. That way, the spell could be cast from the inside, and then the person could leave the plane safely, and the spell would go off at a later time. (1 or 2 minutes later would be sufficient.)

Nezkrul

First Post
"Acting?" muses Jynx. "I'm not being coy or stupid when I say I can take them on by myself. I just can't handle a huge group by myself. Delbin would definitely enable that though." Jynx pauses for a moment.

"Lock the door behind us. If zombies are trying to break in, then you'll know we're up to our eyeballs in fun out there."

Jynx pulls his haste wand out from his belt.

OOC: If/when Jynx and Delbin head out the door, and anyone else that wants to come along whilst Sphynx works his mojo, Jynx is going to use his wand on himself.

Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Sphynx sets to work. He makes a catalog of required components, clears an area of the room, if necessary, and begins laying out components at hand, leaving notes to mark what is missing. He conveys to those remaining in the room what components are missing, in case some can be found about the building. Lastly, taking very special parchment, ink, and quill, he begins inscribing the spell, paying particular attention to the necessary re-wording.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
GM:
You have the components here in the lab that are required for the inscription of the scroll itself; HOWEVER, in order to ensure that the scroll performs its function properly, and is not burned up too soon by the epic energies, it will need to be coated with about 26 oz worth of Dracolich Bone Dust, which sells in Sigil for about 5,000 gp. per ounce. (Hence, the 130,000 gp. material cost.) ...or you could find and kill a random Dracolich. To coat the scroll, you must add 3 oz of Crocodile Tears (which is here, in the lab) to the Dracolich Bone Dust, to make a paste. Then you simply slather it onto the scroll, and let it dry. It will dry clear, hence the scroll's legibility will not be affected. But it will have a stiff feel to it, like a piece of laminated paper. That process only takes about 2 hours; the rest of the 3 days worth of downtime is spent (prior to pasting) writing the scroll, whose letters must each be perfect, and which requires a slow, steady hand.

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Sphynx pauses in his writing, checking the array of ingredients splayed about ringing his location.

~Hmm... Dracolich bone dust.~

Speaking to those still in the room.

"It seems to culminate this laudable undertaking I will need to protect this document I am writing so that it can be fully used to the completion of its purpose. To do that, I need to acquire some dracolich bone dust. In my younger days with my former adventuring group, we happen to have destroyed two of those creature. I still have a considerable amount of the bone dust in my own facility but none on me. When I finish scribing this, I will leave temporarily to retrieve the dust. In the mean time, with the exasperate and tedious nature necessary to perform this correctly, we will need to find food and water. I will take breaks as necessary to sustain myself."

Aust Thale

Adventurer
Dengar, smiling at Sphynx, asks what he might like to rejuvenate him, and before his answering, says a prayer summoning food and water. (I'll clean up this post later. I'm at the UIL State Championships at Jerry's World.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases