D&D 5E Interest Check: 5E oriental-themed game with different races?

Trogdor1992

First Post
I'd want to start somewhere between 8th and 16th level, depending on what you'd all prefer, and I'd like to run a high-powered, high-magic, epic fantasy game of heroes(you guys) fighting against some great Evil(hopefully not you guys).

I'd want to do these Races if this happens:
--Vanara
--Thri-Kreen
--Nezumi
--Kenku
--Orc
--Ogre
--Oni
--Kobold
--Urd
--Gith
--Tiefling(other half either Orc, Ogre, or Gith)
--Half-Dragon(other half either Orc, Ogre, or Gith)

Stats for these will be written up by yours truly, for whichever race you decide to want to play, just ask for the stats and you shall receive.

As for classes I'd reflavor the existing ones to fit the theme, and I'd allow the Blood Hunter class and the Gunslinger Martial Archetype(both free on DM's Guild), as well as most of the Wizards of the Coast Unearthed Arcana(Once again, just ask about what you want to use), I have most(if not all) of these options saved so I can easily check out what you might want to use.

Past that, we can discuss starting equipment, Feats, gold, Lore, etc if anyone shows interest.

Jago

Explorer
Hell yeah, I'd be down for this. Would you be up for using anything from the DMG's Oriental Adventures? If not, I'd love to try out a Kenku or Oni Blood Hunter. I'd prefer starting around Level 8 - 10, though I'd be fine going bigger, of course.

We going more Wuxia or Kurosawa with this?

Trogdor1992

First Post
Hell yeah, I'd be down for this. Would you be up for using anything from the DMG's Oriental Adventures? If not, I'd love to try out a Kenku or Oni Blood Hunter. I'd prefer starting around Level 8 - 10, though I'd be fine going bigger, of course.

We going more Wuxia or Kurosawa with this?

I'd love to use it, as I've heard alot of good about it, but I don't have/can't afford it currently so it's a no, I like both of those combos actually so you're in for sure(it helps I've already vetted you through other games), and it'll have a very Feudal Japan, Samurai and Ninja feel going on in most of the world.

Damn you Trogdor. Making another game I want to play in. But is adding a fourth game to much. I might be able to swing it. Just need a good concept. I'll let you know but I'm definitely interested.

Trogdor1992

First Post
Damn you Trogdor. Making another game I want to play in. But is adding a fourth game to much. I might be able to swing it. Just need a good concept. I'll let you know but I'm definitely interested.
Well, it'll likely be 1-3 posts a day from me, with that probably at least tripled during combat, but I want a lot of RP to happen, and a fair amount of one-on-one duels for those who decide to play an honorable Samurai(Paladin), Warlord(Fighter), or Ronin(Blood Hunter).

Last edited:

Jago

Explorer
Actually, if it's cool , I kinda want to do a weird mash of Monk and possibly Cleric, but mostly Blood Hunter (Ghostslayer) and play the character kinda like a Shugenja: going around with Paper Talisman Blessings and acting as an exorcist and spiritual guide, sorta like a wandering Sohei or the like. Working name is Shiryomoto Tsuyoshi.

Trogdor1992

First Post
So, you want a couple levels of Monk(Cleric), and a couple levels of a couple levels of Sohei(Monk), then the rest in Ronin(Blood Hunter)?

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Tapatalk

Remove ads