D&D 5E Monster Slayers of Vvarvendel

Leif

Adventurer
Arcturus Rime, Elf Paladin20

"Only when I'm awake," Arcturus says with a wink.

[previous post edited to indicate Arcturus's agreement with this mission.]

Shayuri

First Post
"USUALLY he's just annoying!" Seelia pipes. "But for very special clients he becomes completely insufferable! Congratulations!"

Leif

Adventurer

Arcturus indulges himself in a supremely self-satisfied smile and pats his tummy. "I think I missed lunch. When do we eat? Is there more of that braised pheasant au vin?"

Thateous

Explorer
"So, am I killing the ogres by myself or what?" Varus walks outside leaving the door open. He puts two fingers in his mouth and let's out an ear piercing whistle and then watches the sky. A moment later a screech can be heard in the distance and a creature can be seen making it's way to the Hall.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Rolling his eyes again, Andor goes to pack.
"You might want to wait for us to equip, Varus. And besides, its only ogres. Tough to be sure, but still dumb brutes."
He offers the halfling afore mentioned wine.
"You might want to sit, it might be some time until we're all ready. Just long enough for you to recover from your travel."

OOC: Andor is ready to go, this is just a bit of "we're not sitting in our hall equipped for battle" part.

It may be good idea to write how our characters spend time in the hall - it might make it easier for DM to surprise us and know who's where and what's the equipment. Essentials are probably with us, this being a dangerous world. But I don't see heavy (or any) armor users being in the can all the time.

Andor would be in the hall, library or his room. Carrying a whip and a sword. No armor. The servants need "fire drill" who goes where and brings what to whom :)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Guildhall

“By the Nine Hells,” Odagar muttered, rubbing the bridge of his nose with his fingers as that annoying pixie sailed into the room, her high-pitched voice giving him yet another migraine. He finished his wine and got up. The intrusion seemed to be a well-dressed halfling.

“Ogres are hardly worth our time,” the dwarf said. Though that was a lot of money in those bags for some ogres, and it tickled at his dwarven greed. The others seemed eager to take the job. Granted, Odagar could use an outing, maybe a bit of practice.

Odagar gave a specific whistle. A set of rune-inscribed mithral half-plate floated into the room. It came to rest on the chair the dwarf had been sitting in. Odagar held out his arms and something started pulling off his robe, leaving the dwarf bare-chested. He was remarkably well-muscled for a wizard. The unseen servant held up a sturdy shirt, which Odager slipped into. Then the servant started to buckle on the armor. Then it retrieved a rune-carved warhammer, a belt, and the dwarf’s pack, helping the wizard into them.

Odagar settled a wand into his belt in easy reach and made sure everything was just so before announcing, “I am ready.”

[sblock=OOC]Odagar would usually be in the library or his room studying or experimenting.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"You're all forgetting the TARRASQUES," Seelia admonished Odgar and Andor. "The ones driving the ogres to attack the town!"

She was, of course, ready right from the get-go, having no particular need to 'gear up.'

Leif

Adventurer

"You're all forgetting the TARRASQUES," Seelia admonished Odgar and Andor. "The ones driving the ogres to attack the town!"

She was, of course, ready right from the get-go, having no particular need to 'gear up.'
"Oh, good! I was afraid that this would be too easy! I hope there are more than the five tarrasques we slaughtered last week, that was hardly worth the trouble." Arcturus Rime goes to his chamber to equip himself, and is back, fully accoutered shortly. "Now! Let's go hunt us some beasty!"

Remove ads