D&D 5E The Treasure Map - IC

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2wp81lg.jpg

Hagan’s Pass/Book Depository
Afternoon

“Um...right...okay…” Kini said nervously. She fumbled about in the dark, finding the wall to put her hand against and carefully sliding her feet along the floor, hoping she didn’t trip or, worse yet, drop into some abyss.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Concentration:
Conditions: Mage Armor
[/sblock]

[sblock=Kini’s Mini Stats]
Kini's Character Sheet
AC: 12 (15 Mage Armor)
HP: 24/28

Cantrips: Firebolt, Light, Improved Minor Illusion, Prestidigitation, Shocking Grasp
1st (2/4): Color Spray, Mage Armor, Magic Missiles, Shield, Silent Image
2nd (1/3): Invisibility, Phantasmal Force, Web
[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
The area directly beneath the secret door is a stairway that leads into darkness. Whomever recently passed this way did not leave any torches or wall sconces lit. The stairway is wide enough that two of you may pass at a time, but you could choose to descend in single-file fashion, if you choose. The stairs lead down to a landing and then descend further to the subterranean level.

When you reach the landing, several of you (without needing to roll) can hear the sounds of GNOLLS grunting and barking in their peculiar language - Darwin can understand them (see below). From the sounds, you would estimate that there are probably half a dozen of them down here, somewhere in the dark.

How do you proceed?

[sblock=Gnollish, Darwin]"The Master said that the map part is down here!" one of them says.
"No, we cannot find anything!" another replies.
"Keep looking!" the first one says. "The Master will have us flayed alive if we do not come back with the map."[/sblock]

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Darwin steps forward a bit so the others can hear him, and says in a very low voice:

"They said their master told them the map is down here, and they must find it or they will be punished. They've had no luck yet".

He puts his hand on Kini's shoulder to steady her, blushing a bit but it wasn't time to be shy.

"There is half a dozen of them. This is time for an ambush. If we can open with some kind of light effect to blind them and provide vision to Kini... Then a spell to split the group in half, and we hit the one closest to us hard. Divide and conquer. I will take the front. All I have is a bit of fog magic, I don't know if this will do".

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2wp81lg.jpg

Hagan’s Pass/Book Depository/Secret cellar
Afternoon

Kini stroked Owlowicious’ white-feathered head. She had to use the owl’s eyes to see down here. She heard the gnolls arguing up ahead and jumped a bit when Darwin put his hand on her shoulder and whispered what they were saying.

“I can see a bit,” Kini said in a whisper, “through Owlowicious. I have one web spell left,” she told them, “or I can create an illusory wall. If I can get them all in the web, we can stay at range and take them down.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Concentration:
Conditions: Mage Armor
[/sblock]

[sblock=Kini’s Mini Stats]
Kini's Character Sheet
AC: 12 (15 Mage Armor)
HP: 24/28
Arcane Recovery 1/LR

Cantrips: Firebolt, Light, Improved Minor Illusion, Prestidigitation, Shocking Grasp
1st (2/4): Color Spray, Mage Armor, Magic Missiles, Shield, Silent Image
2nd (1/3): Invisibility, Phantasmal Force, Web
[/sblock]

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
"They will be able to push through the web... but not all at once. This will give us a an edge"

"Shiver? Strange? Anything else to make this deadlier still?"

Strangler

First Post
"My arsenal is mostly tricks, but I could make an illusion that looks exactly like me and hope they blow some of their attacks on it before they realize it is a fake..."

Remove ads