D&D 5E The Treasure Map - IC

"Much of my energy has been used up - but I can unleash my eldritch power without limit, from a distance"

In his left hand a greenish swirl rolls around his fingers.

"Just say the word."

He pauses.

"We must keep one alive so that once I have mastered the...", he shudders, "truth making whip, we can glean what they know."

Shayuri

First Post
Kestrel scrubs her fingers through her hair in a brief gesture of mild frustration and asks, "So are we rushing in to surprise them, or waiting for the magic spell, or what?"

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Darwin answered:

"we move forward slow and quiet. When we spot them, Kini hits them with the web *then* you and I rush the closest one to us. With us and Shiver working on it, and Strange messing them up, the others are going to trickle in. We can do this"

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2wp81lg.jpg

Hagan’s Pass/Book Depository/Secret cellar
Afternoon

Kini took a breath and mustered up the courage to go forward. She kept wand and dagger in hand as they crept up on the gnoll voices.

[sblock=Actions]
Action: Stealth Pass Without Trace: 1D20+12 = [3]+12 = 15
Initiative: 1D20+2 = [8]+2 = 10
Move:
Concentration:
Conditions: Mage Armor
[/sblock]

[sblock=Kini’s Mini Stats]
Kini's Character Sheet
AC: 12 (15 Mage Armor)
HP: 24/28
Arcane Recovery 1/LR

Cantrips: Firebolt, Light, Improved Minor Illusion, Prestidigitation, Shocking Grasp
1st (2/4): Color Spray, Mage Armor, Magic Missiles, Shield, Silent Image
2nd (1/3): Invisibility, Phantasmal Force, Web
[/sblock]

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Darwin said in a low voice "put your hand on my shoulder Kini, I'll guide you" and then went forward slowly

Stealth check with pass without trace, initiative: 1D20+16 = [10]+16 = 26
1D20+3 = [13]+3 = 16

[sblock=minisheet] Darwinimar

AC: 18 (+4 dex, small shield, studded leather)
Initiative: +4
Speed: 25
HP: 36/36
Hit Dice: 2/4
Passive Perception: 13

SAVES: SAVES, Strength +2, Dexterity: +6, Constitution: +2, Intelligence: 0, Wisdom: +1 Charisma: +1

Abilities: Str 10, Dex 18, Con 14, int 10, wis 13, cha 12
SKILLS: Animal Handling: +3, Athletics: +2, Perception: +3, Stealth: +6, Survival +3, bone flute

Spell Known:
Cantrips: Minor Illusion; Level 1: Hunter's mark, goodberry, fog cloud.
Spell slots (available/total)
LEVEL 1: 2/3
Spell Save DC: 11; Spell attack modifier: +3[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
The group heads down the creaky stairs, which, strangely, do not creak under their footsteps. The stairs lead down to a small landing and then continue on into the secret basement.

As the group descends, it is evident to all that the gnolls have been busily ransacking the archives here in the sub-level. There are books, scrolls, and other papers and art objects strewn across the floor and other surfaces - tables, chairs, shelves. The group sees three gnolls tearing open a wooden chest. The gnolls are armed as the ones the group encountered on the street. The gnolls do not appear to notice the group's approach.

OOC: It looks like we have Initiative from just about everyone. I will post a basic map of the space and then the players should state their intentions. Because you have surprised the gnolls, they do not get to act on the first round. The PCs will still act in Initiative order.

INITIATIVE
Shiver [17]
Strange [17]
Darwin [16]
Kini [10]

Need Kestrel's Initiative

Remove ads